Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catfish Plantation

TheHolderOfSuffering

So I recently was informed that I was to be given my final grade based on a research project. Our teacher decided to let us choose our topic, and naturally I was compelled to choose something other than "the origin of basketball" or "how to shop" like all the preps I was thrown in with -shudder-

I wanted originally to do my project over the Texarkana moonlight murders back in '46, but it made my peers even more scared of me when I tried to explain my interest in the topic [The Town That Dreaded Sundown was the movie that originally turned my boyfriend into the sadistic teddy bear he is today], so I resorted to something less scary and more eerie. A quick internet search showed me that I don't wanna run the risk of dying by visiting any other paranormal hotspot in the area, not to mention I've heard that Catfish Plantation has killer quail and cobbler to die for [punpunpunpun]

After researching for a few days I've gathered that there are 3 spirits there:

Elizabeth- died on wedding day, gentle spirit that resides in bathroom for most part, appears looking out the front window sometimes, once followed a woman home that had sympathy for her

Caroline- died of old age when she was 80, she doesn't know she's dead and has prompted the owners to take their restaurant elsewhere. She hates alcohol in 'her' house and will throw wine glasses at anybody who brings alcohol in

Will- can be seen standing on the porch in overalls, flirts with young women by touching their legs and playing with their hair

If you have any additional information on the topic please do share it, first hand experiences are highly appreciated

thanks

-Chessy

Edited by TheHolderOfSuffering
  • Like 1

Pro tip: Base your research of college and school projects about real life events around sources like newspaper archives, official records, verifiable eyewitness reports, etc.

"First hand experiences" from random people on Internet forums claiming to be witnesses of anything will not be taken seriously by any teacher and will probably detract from your score because it shows a lack of critical thinking skills and proper research methodology.

Better to do proper legwork and find people that reported their experiences at the time to newspapers, police, investigators, etc. related to the events you want to investigate and use those reports in your research and/or interview them personally yourself.

Unless people can provide testimony that you can verify as being from someone reliable that witness the relevant events, nobody will (and shouldn't) take those reports seriously as part of a school or college project.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 7

Its not for the project anymore mkay? Its more for my personal interest now, already finished my report last night

Will- can be seen standing on the porch in overalls, flirts with young women by touching their legs and playing with their hair

Pervert!

Pervert!

Ikr...

Was the cobbler good?

• Like 2

Elizabeth- died on wedding day, gentle spirit that resides in bathroom for most part, appears looking out the front window sometimes, once followed a woman home that had sympathy for her

That's a bit unsettling.

i don't have a particular desire to take a pee with a chick hangin' around the toilet, eyeballin' my man bits and such.

• Like 1

That's a bit unsettling.

i don't have a particular desire to take a pee with a chick hangin' around the toilet, eyeballin' my man bits and such.

there's a backyard....

That's a bit unsettling.

:lol::rofl: That made me LOL! But I guess it would be weird....peeping lady ghost :clap:

• Like 2

there's a backyard....

Between Elizabeth and Will peepin' and pinchin' i think i'll just hold it.

Okay, I went on Wednesday with a friend and just let me say that was the BEST food I have had in a very long time. The host was hot too.... not related to this but still, Jake got p***ed when i decided to ask the host questions rather than the chubby waitress... my bad for thinking guys with fake Chinese tattoos that work in haunted places are sexy as hell XP he's a ginger too... i like em soulless ;)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAYS

I personally didn't experience any run ins with Will, Elizabeth, or Caroline, BUT i got good info and this pic where i think i can see an outline of a person [most likely Elizabeth] and my friend pointed out a possible face behind me in a selfie i took in the mirror of the women's restroom [too self conscious to show ya'll cause I'm making a funny face]

mKEX9jA.jpg

so when you going to post the paper? iNQUIRING MINDS want too know more.

• Like 1