Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul Weston arrested for criticizing Islam

OverSword

"Liberty GB"? never heard of them. Couldn't ask for better publicity, could they ... :innocent:

• Like 1

Blimey, so you can't quote from previous prime ministers anymore.....good thing I guess though for the ones we've had for the past half a century, non of them said anything worth repeating. He should have quoted the 6th President of the US, as it wasn't a Brit who said it they'd probably ignore it and let him carry on.....then again, this is the UK (home of the spineless politicians) so probably not..

Why is Pat Condell not arrested?

"Liberty GB"? never heard of them. Couldn't ask for better publicity, could they ... :innocent:

What does that have to do with the issue? The idea that this man can be incarcerated for such an act should terrify and outrage every citizen in the western world.
  • Like 2

Why is Pat Condell not arrested?

If he were a US citizen I'd write in vote for him for president! :clap:
  • Like 2

If he were a US citizen I'd write in vote for him for president! :clap:

You sure?

He's an Atheist & mocks Christians too.

Edited by davros of skaro

You sure?

He's an Atheist & mocks Christians too.

Sure - he's entitled to say what's on his mind - I have no need to agree with everything. It would just be refreshing to have a pol who had a pair.
  • Like 5

Will they punish Winston Churchill too? Will they retroactively charge him with hate speech and thought crimes? Will they arrest his corpse, or issue a warrant for the arrest of his soul? They can find him, rolling over in his grave. "We saved the world for *this*?" I won't criticize or ridicule you for allowing this abridgment of free speech. As far as I'm concerned, it might be a preview of things to come here. The UK is a test lab for the US.

What does that have to do with the issue? The idea that this man can be incarcerated for such an act should terrify and outrage every citizen in the western world.

I watched a news segment about a Muslim protest over there. They slurred and threatened our country in the worst ways, and they burned our flag. The police did nothing. However, they arrested the BNP when they protested. They were *much* tamer and milder. When was the lion gelded? The John Lockes, Thomas Paines, Wat Tylers, etc.must have died out over the years. We weren't much better when our Constitution was shredded.

• Like 2

Wasn't he arrested because he had no grounds to make a speech, some woman came out and said that do you have license to make a speech and when he said no, she reported it

• Like 2

Good publicity though, isn't it .... had you (or had anyone at all) heard of "Liberty GB" (I wonder if it consists of anyone but him) before?

Liberty GB, something a an American would say

Rather sadly for them, entering "Liberty" on a popular search engine, Liberty X are higher up the list of results than they are ... :blush:

* I like this one:

• Liberty GB - RationalWiki

Liberty GB are a quite clearly slightly bonkers Libertarian far-right party from the UK, who it seems are attempting to out-UKIP the actual UKIP. :w00t:

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

The way the English are being overrun and multicultured they could do with a little more right wingedness. (imho)

• Like 3

Rather sadly for them, entering "Liberty" on a popular search engine, Liberty X are higher up the list of results than they are ... :blush:

* I like this one:

• Liberty GB - RationalWiki

Liberty GB are a quite clearly slightly bonkers Libertarian far-right party from the UK, who it seems are attempting to out-UKIP the actual UKIP. :w00t:

I think you're too concerned with the wrong issue. It shouldn't matter who's speech is being suppressed. When anyone's speech is controlled it harms us all. Maybe this guy is a clown pol who is trying to get his message out - so what? They ARRESTED this guy for quoting Churchill for heaven's sake! That should be alarming to any thoughtful person.

• Like 3

Wasn't he arrested because he had no grounds to make a speech, some woman came out and said that do you have license to make a speech and when he said no, she reported it

You have to have a license to speak publicly there? I wasn't aware of that. In the US you need a permit from local government usually if you are planning a gathering in public but not just to speak in a public place. No offense to your country but the leadership seems hell bent on destroying the culture of GB. It's sad.
  • Like 1

Wow. That's troubling on a variety of police state/snitch culture levels. If you see nothing, blab something. Bureaucrats and red tape are more destructive than terrorists in the long run.

No offense to your country but the leadership seems hell bent on destroying the culture of GB. It's sad.

Blair should be burned at the stake for the damage he caused this country..and the millionaire moron no doubt still thinks he was heaven sent...If we ever get round to it, give us a ring and we'll throw Bush onto the embers for you.

• Like 1

I think you're too concerned with the wrong issue. It shouldn't matter who's speech is being suppressed. When anyone's speech is controlled it harms us all. Maybe this guy is a clown pol who is trying to get his message out - so what? They ARRESTED this guy for quoting Churchill for heaven's sake! That should be alarming to any thoughtful person.

You don't think the whole scandal has the whiff of publicity? A "Party" that no one's ever heard of suddenly gets headlines and people expressing sympathy because their Leader (and possibly only member) becomes a martyr for Free Speech for quoting the sacred words of Churchill. It really is very fortunate for them isn't it. :innocent:

You don't think the whole scandal has the whiff of publicity? A "Party" that no one's ever heard of suddenly gets headlines and people expressing sympathy because their Leader (and possibly only member) becomes a martyr for Free Speech for quoting the sacred words of Churchill. It really is very fortunate for them isn't it. :innocent:

There's free speech in the UK? Who knew?

It might indeed be worth getting worked up about if it didn't all look so fishy.

It might indeed be worth getting worked up about if it didn't all look so fishy.

It's a moot point. It's doubtful that our countries will reverse course until we get better leaders who do more than pay lip service to democratic values. I agree with "fishy". Our transformations into police and security states smells like an aquarium full of dead guppies.

• Like 1

I do agree that arresting someone merely because someone says "It's disgusting!" is very, very questionable, like how Donald Sterling could be fired for saying things in private, not even in public, I'm just slightly suspicious that this is all such good publicity for him and his party.

This guy wasn't arrested for criticizing of Islam. There are so many articles where u can actually figure out why this happen and did he had a chance to explain him self.

• Like 2