Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So how many rounds did Oswald fire?

029b10

At the time of the assassination of FDR in Dallas, the idea that gunshots rang out in Dealey Plaza that left people either clinking to the ground or running for their safety that it was so engrained into the minds of the American public that by the time the Zapruder film was released for public viewing, the perception of the President assassination being the result of an assassin's rifle that the obvious becomes clearly obscure.

So why didn't anyone react to the gunshots that they heard ring out in Dealey Plaza?==[[ss]

The only thing is that this photo was taken well after the time of the assassination,

Notice that Zapruder isn't standing on the ledge of the wall at the time of the assassination,

in fact individual who claimed that when they heard the first shot they took cover to protect their

child as the shots rang out. But here in the photo below they are just standing around as if

they hadn't heard the other shots.

Edited by Saru
Removed images due to sensitive nature

I don't know the exact details.. But I saw a documentary about this, and it said that there were two bullets fired from the actual assassin, and then a bodyguard guy who was responding to the gunshots accidentally slipped and his gun went off, shooting the president.

I don't know if that's how it actually went.

Interesting topic though :)

This is the picture of the couple observing the President's limousine that didn't get posted above.

Yet this picture of the couple in a prone position covering their children was taken well after the President's limousine had sped off to Parkland Hospital.

Edited by Saru

People did react to the gunfire. There were 3 shots by Oswald. What is interesting is that Zapruder kept on filming and did not react to the gunshots.

I don't know the exact details.. But I saw a documentary about this, and it said that there were two bullets fired from the actual assassin, and then a bodyguard guy who was responding to the gunshots accidentally slipped and his gun went off, shooting the president.

I don't know if that's how it actually went.

Interesting topic though :)

Sounds like you watched a mockumentary.

The angle at which the people in the vehicle were hit would not be possible from the street level. Your mockumentary also misses the fact that Kennedy was hit twice. The first shot seen in the Zapruder film hits his neck. The second shot blows off much of his head.

He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository...

He was too ****ty a shooter to have made that shot, and he was shooting at JFK from behind. JFKs head however went back and to the left on impact. So how did JFKs head defy the laws of physics like that? Oh that's right. The bullet was magic... LOL!

Our government thinks we're retarded.. XD

He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository...

He was too ****ty a shooter to have made that shot, and he was shooting at JFK from behind. JFKs head however went back and to the left on impact. So how did JFKs head defy the laws of physics like that? Oh that's right. The bullet was magic... LOL!

Oswald fired 3 shots. He hit the president with 2 shots. There was no grassy knoll shooter. The entry wounds on the president were away from the grassy knoll.

The claim that Oswald was not able to make the shots is a baloney claim. The motion of the presidents head is consistent with being hit where he was. The president did not defy the law of physics. What stupid mockumentary did that come from? Analysis of the particle motions in the Zapruder film show that the impact was from behind the president. The movement of the his head is consistent with tests done on objects that are shot.

The injuries on the bodies were consistent with the magic bullet theory.

You really have nothing more than an argument from incredulity.

• Like 3

Furthermore, actual tests have been done by more than the government and the tests back up the Warren Commission report.

Oswald was a former U.S. Marine and achieved sharpshooter status while there. His firing range score card went up for auction not too long ago:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5725882

Now, before making any more half-ass, ignorant statements, I suggest taking a few hours to read up o basic ballistics, early 20th century firearms, and the seating arrangement of the president limousine, instead of regurgitating false statements used by ****ty Oliver Stone films.

Well you're not doing anything to prove otherwise.

• Like 5

So the moment there's a conspiracy the govt can't be trusted. All the other crap govts do and say, we need that, let's vote for it!

Magic physics are in the conspiracy theorists' heads. Like the "near freefall speed" nonsense of the 9/11 CT crowd, or those campfires not melting that steel.

Physics are physics, proven by indisputable events that happen right before our eyes every day. Apples going straight down. Buildings going straight down. It's heresy! Non-magic bullets passing through two bodies perfectly lined up for the single shot from the tower that hit two men. Magic!

If someone called a conspiracy theorist a magical retard, that might not be too far from the truth.

• Like 4

The injuries on the bodies were consistent with the magic bullet theory.

Any theory that begins with the word "magic" should set off warning bells.

• Like 1

Oswald was a former U.S. Marine and achieved sharpshooter status while there. His firing range score card went up for auction not too long ago:

http://www.liveaucti...om/item/5725882

Now, before making any more half-ass, ignorant statements, I suggest taking a few hours to read up o basic ballistics, early 20th century firearms, and the seating arrangement of the president limousine, instead of regurgitating false statements used by ****ty Oliver Stone films.

Well you're not doing anything to prove otherwise.

First, I know that there were 3 shots fired and 2 of the three hit. That's why I said Oswald shot one at the actual sniper...

Second. Sharpshooter is the lowest title you can achieve as a USMC sniper. Also the shots are too close togeather for one man to do with that kind of accuracy for that speed...

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

So does anyone think that if they where standing in the area of the pictures that they might have heard the rifle shot? After all it is only some 50 yards from Oswald's location in the School Book Depository to where the first wound is inflicted on President Kennedy. And wouldn't the location also amplify the sound considering his location?

People did react to the gunfire. There were 3 shots by Oswald. What is interesting is that Zapruder kept on filming and did not react to the gunshots.

I am not disputing what you say but where do you see people reacting in the pictures in the original post? Yet in regards to Zapruder reaction, that point exactly!

Even without hearing gunshots the visual image itself would have caused a reaction. Case in point about the person that did hit the ground but that was after the

fatal head wound and I tend to think that it was based upon what he saw and not what he heard.

Edited by Saru

As far as Oswald, anyone with any common tactical training would have seen that the best shot from that location would have been as the President's limousine turned [r] from Main Street unto Houston street where there would have allowed the sniper to have positioned themselves back from the widow and still provided a clear view of the President.

This is the position of the rifle that is some suggest represents the position that Oswald would have been to have fired from.

This is the route of the Presidential lmousine that day.

This is the view of Houston Street from Oswald's location.

Edited by Saru

Due to both the sensitive/graphic nature of some of the images and also for copyright reasons we must ask that members please avoid hotlinking to images pertaining to the assassination of President John F Kennedy.

Thank you.

Just to clear it up, it was JFK and not FDR who was shot in Dallas that November day.

I would suggest to the OP and a couple of others that you head over the conspiracy section and read up on those JFK threads. There have been extensive discussions about the assassination.

I think you would find it quite enlightening.

• Like 3

First, I know that there were 3 shots fired and 2 of the three hit. That's why I said Oswald shot one at the actual sniper...

Second. Sharpshooter is the lowest title you can achieve as a USMC sniper. Also the shots are too close togeather for one man to do with that kind of accuracy for that speed...

*snip*

Ridiculous. Testing by Texas sharpshooters showed that the sharpshooter hit, missed, and then hit just as Oswald did. Your claims are based on nonsense, not evidence.

• Like 1

I am not disputing what you say but where do you see people reacting in the pictures in the original post? Yet in regards to Zapruder reaction, that point exactly!

Even without hearing gunshots the visual image itself would have caused a reaction. Case in point about the person that did hit the ground but that was after the

fatal head wound and I tend to think that it was based upon what he saw and not what he heard.

The reactions of people in the OP are not the issue. They might be the issue to someone who is being purposely misleading or even attempting to spread a lie, but the fact is that people did react to the gun fire.

So Zapruder did not react to the gun fire, but continued to film. So what?

As far as Oswald, anyone with any common tactical training would have seen that the best shot from that location would have been as the President's limousine turned [r] from Main Street unto Houston street where there would have allowed the sniper to have positioned themselves back from the widow and still provided a clear view of the President.

This is the position of the rifle that is some suggest represents the position that Oswald would have been to have fired from.

This is the route of the Presidential lmousine that day.

This is the view of Houston Street from Oswald's location.

Your claims of "best shot" are based on what, personal musings of a keyboard jockey? You've already told us that you lied about the lack of reactions to the gunfire. I suspect you are purposely telling falsehoods about other issues. If that is your game then take your shenanigans to ATS where these tactics are appreciated.

Ridiculous. Testing by Texas sharpshooters showed that the sharpshooter hit, missed, and then hit just as Oswald did. Your claims are based on nonsense, not evidence.

They can make the shot, but can they fire the three shots at the same speed and accuracy? The speed is what been tripping everyone up...

Also, I'm asumeing you can link us to that study..

Edited by Midyin

They can make the shot, but can they fire the three shots at the same speed and accuracy? The speed is what been tripping everyone up...

Yep, they sure can. Just saw it a week or so ago on PBS. The shot has been reconstructed and successfully carried out numerous times over the past 50 years. You seem to be basing a lot of your analysis off of dated and incorrect information.

The bottom line is that the shot really isn't that difficult and even a competent marksman should have been able to land 2 out of 3 shots on target in the time allotted.

• Like 1

Again you completely fail to grasp anything about the issue. The Texas sharpshooters made the shots in the required time.

The claim that the "speed is what been tripping everyone up" is a trite failed claim that you are repeated. Please go to ATS where nonsense is glorified.

• Like 1

Ridiculous nonsense being spewed in this thread:

1. People did not react tot he gun shots

2. "He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository..."

3. "He was too ****ty a shooter to have made that shot"

4. "The speed is what been tripping everyone up..."

I can't wait to see what is next in this spewing of malarkey.

• Like 1

"He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository..."

I don't even want to imagine what that is.

• Like 1