Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So how many rounds did Oswald fire?

029b10

Ridiculous nonsense being spewed in this thread:

1. People did not react tot he gun shots

2. "He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository..."

3. "He was too ****ty a shooter to have made that shot"

4. "The speed is what been tripping everyone up..."

I can't wait to see what is next in this spewing of malarkey.

This post brought to you by KY Jelly in the new "action tub" size.

This post brought to you by KY Jelly in the new "action tub" size.

Yes....and make sure magic bullet theory is coated well for easier swallowing.

• Like 1

Just to clear it up, it was JFK and not FDR who was shot in Dallas that November day.

I would suggest to the OP and a couple of others that you head over the conspiracy section and read up on those JFK threads. There have been extensive discussions about the assassination.

I think you would find it quite enlightening.

FDR got shot by Oswald as well!!! Damn these conspiracy theories are getting heavy!

People did react to the gunfire.

Apparently, all you have is insults and no substance then I would suggest that some things just give themselves away

Edited by 029b10

Apparently, all you have is insults and no substance then I would suggest that some things just give themselves away

Apparently, your skin is less than paper thin. There was nothing in what Stereo wrote that was an insult.

An insult is directed at a person, not at their comments.

And you started a thread and waited how many days to respond to the comments? *tsk tsk*

As far as Oswald, anyone with any common tactical training would have seen that the best shot from that location would have been as the President's limousine turned [r] from Main Street unto Houston street where there would have allowed the sniper to have positioned themselves back from the widow and still provided a clear view of the President.

This is the position of the rifle that is some suggest represents the position that Oswald would have been to have fired from.

This is the route of the Presidential lmousine that day.

This is the view of Houston Street from Oswald's location.

Don't worry, I recall the images before they were removed.

So, your premise is, is that Oswald would have been better concealed if he would have taken the approach shot rather than the shot that he took (at the back), which raises some suspicion for you. Well, the state of presidential security is obviously much better now than it was then. JFK was assassinated 50 years ago. It's not like today when their might have been 50 or 60 agents mingling in with the crowd watching the route and every angle. Concealment was not an issue for Oswald.

After all, the last president before JFK to have been assassinated was William McKinley, some 60 years earlier.

Edited by Likely Guy

Apparently, your skin is less than paper thin. There was nothing in what Stereo wrote that was an insult.

An insult is directed at a person, not at their comments.

You've already told us that you lied about the lack of reactions to the gunfire. I suspect you are purposely telling falsehoods about other issues.

And you started a thread and waited how many days to respond to the comments? *tsk tsk*

Please feel free to show where I lied about the lack of reaction to gunfire.

Edited by 029b10

Don't worry, I recall the images before they were removed.

So, your premise is, is that Oswald would have been better concealed if he would have taken the approach shot rather than the shot that he took (at the back), which raises some suspicion for you. Well, the state of presidential security is obviously much better now than it was then. JFK was assassinated 50 years ago. It's not like today when their might have been 50 or 60 agents mingling in with the crowd watching the route and every angle. Concealment was not an issue for Oswald.

No, I was asking if anyone noticed what appears to me to be a total lack of reaction to 3 gunshots by people lest than 80 yards away from the shooter. The purpose being that maybe had some photographs that would corroborate or at least indicate that someone heard rifle shots. Zapruder had said if one listened with their right ear they would hear the shots where driven down Elm St. But the 'shots' were described as not really sounding as rifle fire but like a firecracker. The was case Chicago once where a man was stabbed 14 times and shot in the back 3 times and his death was ruled a suicide.

Here is vid of a Carcano 91/38 rifle live fire.

Note the rifle is being fired outside and not in an enclosed area.

People standing at the front door of the building couldn't help but have heard the sound of the rifle shots reverberating from within the building.

This is allegedly the view from Zapruder's window, and I am not representing that it is but asking if anyone can verify

the location of the apparel business he operated from that building.

(This isn't a copyrighted image yet if the Forum staff has any reservations regarding it's posting then please

do not hesitate in removing it and I do apologize in advance.)

elmstview.jpg

At the scene of the shooting, there was evident confusion at the outset concerning the point of origin of the shots.

Witnesses differed in their accounts of the direction from which the sound of the shots emanated. Within a few minutes, h

however, attention centered on the Texas School Book Depository as the source of the shots.

PAGE 4 WARREN COMMISION FINDINGS

http://www.history-m...eport_0014b.gif

Interestingly enough, the gentlemen accompanying MLK didn't seem to have a problem determining

where the direction where the shot originated from in Memphis.

mlk.assassination.gi.jpg

1. So looking to your left ---> what is the first number do you see? 49593

Edited by 029b10

Please feel free to show where I lied about the lack of reaction to gunfire.

Please feel free to show where I called you a lier.

By the way, since we are past the 50th anniversary of this tragedy, does anyone know if any further footage has been released? I know throughout the years there has been this person and that person that said their camera or 8 mm got confiscated by the FBI or some agency so has there been anything other than the Zapruder film released that any of you know of?

You think it is insulting to point out that you have been incorrect about many of the issues.

Buck up. Get used to having people point out your errors.

People did react to the gunfire.

In the OP:

So why didn't anyone react to the gunshots that they heard ring out in Dealey Plaza?

That is a question which is based on a lie. People reacted all over the place to the shots. The proposition that no one reacted to the shots is a lie. If you begin with the lie, then the question becomes meaningless.

Sounds like you watched a mockumentary.

The angle at which the people in the vehicle were hit would not be possible from the street level. Your mockumentary also misses the fact that Kennedy was hit twice. The first shot seen in the Zapruder film hits his neck. The second shot blows off much of his head.

The suggestion of an accident was not part of a mockumentary. In fact the documentary that I saw shows how there was nothing magic about the 'magic bullet'.

The suggestion of an accident was not part of a mockumentary. In fact the documentary that I saw shows how there was nothing magic about the 'magic bullet'.

I probably saw the same documentary which shows that the injuries to the bodies and the condition of the bullet are consistent with tests performed using the same weapon.

The person I was responding to makes claims that are imaginary and suggests that they got these "facts" from a "documentary."

The person I was responding to makes claims that are imaginary and suggests that they got these "facts" from a "documentary."

You are the one making claims based upon your imagination, which is why you keep saying what you imagine is the fact but fail to produce any documentation to support these 'facts' that exist only in your imagination.

Edited by 029b10

Some of the wacko claims posted in this thread:

1. "At the time of the assassination of FDR in Dallas"

2. "So why didn't anyone react to the gunshots that they heard ring out in Dealey Plaza?"

3. "and then a bodyguard guy who was responding to the gunshots accidentally slipped and his gun went off, shooting the president."

4. "He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository..."

What we do know is that people did react to the gunfire.

Some of the wacko claims posted in this thread:

1. "At the time of the assassination of FDR in Dallas" A typo

2. "So why didn't anyone react to the gunshots that they heard ring out in Dealey Plaza?" You can't provide any photographic evidence to the contrary or you would have.

3. "and then a bodyguard guy who was responding to the gunshots accidentally slipped and his gun went off, shooting the president." I never said that, you lie.

4. "He fired one shot. At the assassin in the grassy knoll. Because he sure as hell couldn't have hit the president from that window in the book suppository..." I never said that, you lie.

What we do know is that people did react to the gunfire. You imagine that people reacted to gunfire, but you can't show any evidence of people reacting to the gunshot. You lie

Notice a pattern...

3. "and then a bodyguard guy who was responding to the gunshots accidentally slipped and his gun went off, shooting the president."

But you need something more solid than it's "too freaky to happen".

IIRC, JFK: The Smoking Gun says Donahue received correspondence from the Secret Service stating they never used an AR15.

The was never an opportunity to examine bullet fragments from JFK's brain.

The cover-up proposed in this doco is, IMO, pretty mundane.

Notice a pattern...

Stereologist said, "Some of the wacko claims posted in this thread:" He didn't say that you made all the statements.

Notice a pattern...

Yes, you're often mistaken as to who you are responding to, and you tend to call people liars.

Edited by Likely Guy

Notice a pattern...

1. You can claim that FDR is a typo for JFK, but that is not what typo means. This is not a typing error.

2. I do not need to show photographic evidence for any reactions to the gunfire.

3 and 4. I did not stated that YOU posted that. You need to learn to read.

The only pattern here is your mistakes.

Edited by stereologist

Yes, you're often mistaken as to who you are responding to, and you tend to call people liars.

I don't mind if people are labeled liars. There are those that repeatedly posts lies. 029b10 just needs to learn to read before making accusations.

• Like 1

I've heard all sorts of goofy claims. The claim that there were no reactions to the gunfire suggests that there are some people that cannot read and need to watch videos to learn.

The pandemonium that broke out all over the square when the shots were fired involved people that knew that the president had been shot and those that did not.

The Zapruder film shows that Governor Connally reacted to the sound of the gun shot. Jaqueline Kennedy reacted to the sounds of the shots in the Zapruder film. From first shot to last shot is 7.8 seconds. How long does it take people to realize that the sounds were gunfire? The people in the vehicles reacted to the sounds.

I´m not sure if Connally and Jaqueline were reacting to the sounds of the gunfire or the fact that, in Connally´s case, that he was struck by the first bullet and in Jaq. case, her husband sitting beside her had just been shot. Fot me, it is irrelevent anyway as there are plenty of reasons to doubt the "official" story and many many protocols were broken in the follow-up.

I believe it to be the defining point in American history when those who wield the power realized they could get the American public to swallow just about anything.

I´m not sure if Connally and Jaqueline were reacting to the sounds of the gunfire or the fact that, in Connally´s case, that he was struck by the first bullet and in Jaq. case, her husband sitting beside her had just been shot. Fot me, it is irrelevent anyway as there are plenty of reasons to doubt the "official" story and many many protocols were broken in the follow-up.

I believe it to be the defining point in American history when those who wield the power realized they could get the American public to swallow just about anything.

Connally was not struck by the first bullet. He was struck by the last bullet.

Jaqueline did not see her husband get hit by the bullet. She reacted to something other than seeing something. She heard something.

You are welcome to have doubts about the official story. You are also welcome to post why you have doubts.