Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should All the World Disasters Be Sponsored?

MyOtherAccount

Do we owe other countries an apology for continuing not to take action once global warming was finally proven?

Do we owe other countries an apology for continuing not to take action once global warming was finally proven?

No more so than any other industrialized nations. China and India are far worse polluters and I don't see them going through any self flagellation.
  • Like 6

No more then owing an apology to the other planets that are warming right along with earth.

• Like 3

Possibly the stupidest thread ever started on this forum.....Sorry no party affiliation here,just peer reviewed reasoning ;)

• Like 3

How are 'we' not taking action - billions spent on alternative energy research, the continued push for higher standards and more efficient transportation, billions spent on green programs, huge reductions in pollution, etc. etc.

http://www.epa.gov/c...activities.html

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to derail your troll thread with facts.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 3

Speaking of facts...

Todays news is in harmony with this topic as is the huge report revealing everything. Everyone has tried to act on this since the 70's and the Republicans have said there is nothing to do because the problem doesn't exist! Have you read the report?

Speaking of facts...

Todays news is in harmony with this topic as is the huge report revealing everything. Everyone has tried to act on this since the 70's and the Republicans have said there is nothing to do because the problem doesn't exist! Have you read the report?

It is customary here to post a link, or at least name the site for information that is cited...

Speaking of facts...

Todays news is in harmony with this topic, as is the huge report revealing everything.

Everyone in the U.S. and the world tried to act on these problems since the 70s. However, without the cooperation of the U.S. little could be done. The lack of cooperation has solely come from Republicans (two of the richest are my friends.) It has stubbornly regarded the people and the problem as the "anti-extinction-of-species-movement" (then called the Environmentalist Movement.) So, since they decided species can be sacrificed, they have likewise decided "there is nothing to do" about the problem because there is "no problem!"

I have many, many friends all around the world who are:

. having to suffer with skin cancer (ozone depletion)

. fight drought, fires, mudslides, floods, typhoons, the coldest times ever, complete climate changes...

. etc.

The green movement was everywhere else in the world before it was seriously here in the US (15 years late®.)

I have lived through the whole time, am of the Environmentalist Movement generation from the Black Fox Nuclear Plant protests to now. What has happened recently does not erase or correct what was dune the half century of blithful behaviors.

I have been to / lived in the U.S., Mexico, Indonesia, Australia, Guatemala, England, Colombia, China, Papua New Guinea (during the worst drought ever), Germany, Russia (during the worst winter ever), Canada, and the Philippines and moved 14 times in four years to aid the world.

It is really simple. The Republicans fiddled while the world fought disasters. Sponsorship is a way of claiming the credit! They deserve it!

For evidence, just watch how the Tea Party reacts to the report!

Edited by MyOtherAccount

It is customary here to post a link, or at least name the site for information that is cited...

I cite the 800 page report Obama received today.

It may be a tradition but it is not commonly done.

I cite the 800 page report Obama received today.

It may be a tradition but it is not commonly done.

Err...yeah it is. No linky = you stinky

List all the reports you want, it's not going to change what has been said above.

#1 being that the up and coming powers of India and China are not going to slow down. WE (as in the USA and western EU) could go back to stone age living and it is not going to change a damn thing at this point.

And we did do things...the rivers of this country are cleaner than they have been in 100 years. Acid rain is basically gone. Chemical plants have basically abandoned our shores to go to the countries that have no EPA or dumping regulations (like it or not, this is fact).

Then...we can also look to the statement made above about the entire solar system heating up...can't blame rising temps on the other planets on man's CO2 output now can we?

• Like 1

Just curious OP.....

How did you travel to those 14 countries?

• Like 1

Speaking of facts...

Todays news is in harmony with this topic, as is the huge report revealing everything.

Everyone in the U.S. and the world tried to act on these problems since the 70s. However, without the cooperation of the U.S. little could be done. The lack of cooperation has solely come from Republicans (two of the richest are my friends.) It has stubbornly regarded the people and the problem as the "anti-extinction-of-species-movement" (then called the Environmentalist Movement.) So, since they decided species can be sacrificed, they have likewise decided "there is nothing to do" about the problem because there is "no problem!"

I have many, many friends all around the world who are:

. having to suffer with skin cancer (ozone depletion)

. fight drought, fires, mudslides, floods, typhoons, the coldest times ever, complete climate changes...

. etc.

The green movement was everywhere else in the world before it was seriously here in the US (15 years late®.)

I have lived through the whole time, am of the Environmentalist Movement generation from the Black Fox Nuclear Plant protests to now. What has happened recently does not erase or correct what was dune the half century of blithful behaviors.

I have been to / lived in the U.S., Mexico, Indonesia, Australia, Guatemala, England, Colombia, China, Papua New Guinea (during the worst drought ever), Germany, Russia (during the worst winter ever), Canada, and the Philippines and moved 14 times in four years to aid the world.

It is really simple. The Republicans fiddled while the world fought disasters. Sponsorship is a way of claiming the credit! They deserve it!

Oh, my bad. I didn't get that you simply wanted to bash Republicans. I actually thought you wanted to discuss climate change and the US response to the environmental movement.

But before you bash Republicans too much, I suggest you take a look at this chart (see, we do post links) that details which political parties have been in control over the past few decades. Spoiler, there's a lot more blue than there is red.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/l/bl_party_division_2.htm

Just curious OP.....

How did you travel to those 14 countries?

Mexico by car and "school" bus. The rest by air; Malaysian Air, Garuda, Cathay Pacific, Philippines Airlines, Qantas, British Airlines, Lafonda, Delta, American, Air Niugini, MAF (private), and ABS (private).