Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The strange case of Dr. 58

Saru

I remember this well. An alternate dimension where the Nazi's are in charge of the world and the mysterious land of Minnesota.

Thanks for the vid Brian. Wondered what happened with this thread.

• Like 2

This was a great story. It drew me in and it always left me wanting more, in a good way. I know stories like this might be a dime a dozen, but the way in which this one was presented was creatively brilliant!

Good job Brian.

He was an author. It was a story :)

Without re-visiting, I know myself and him had a few " heated " q@a's "........He ended up making it a blog, so no discussion could happen. He also disapeared , or at least this topic did in his blog.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or is there something more than slightly disturbing about this sentence right at the start of the original thread?

... and my Ouija partner does not read or write because of a mental handicapp...

Then we have this:

It's true that I make m living as a writer, I write 10, 12 hours a day every day (including Sundays), and on rare occasions I write fiction, but not very often, for the reason I am not a very good fiction writer, despite having sold a handful of short stories over the years.

And this:

Keep in mind, I have been practicing the Ouija board for 43 years. I think if anyone sticks with anything for 43 years, one might come up with results that seem remarkable.

And of course this:

I mean, I hope no one is taking any of this information seriously in any way, because I don’t. From Day 1 from my first Ouija session in 1967, I’ve never considered a single word of any of my Ouija transcripts to be anything but wildly entertaining bull**t -- and I think I have said so -- in fact, I know I have said so -- many times on these forums.

I think he's said it all! This is Z-grade plotless pulp sci-fi, and even the man who posted 50 pages of this stuff doesn't think it's anything more than nonsense. Not that it stops him obsessively mucking around with his ouija board for decades, or persuading a person so mentally retarded that he can't read or write (which would give him a mental age of maybe 5 at most) to sit for what must be hours helping him operate the magic board that gives him messages from his own subconscious mind. It's this detail which makes the whole thing unpleasant, as opposed to the usual sad tale of an obsessed loner typing endless gibberish into some random website as a feeble substitute for his literary ambitions.

By the way, somebody who has been messing around with ouija boards since 1967 cannot be all that young, and if he reads sci-fi, which I rather think he does, he'll be familiar with all the classics from that period onwards. One of which bears an uncanny resemblance to many elements in his scrambled narrative:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic