Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Image Mars Beach Cut Stone Pillars

Universal Trek

NASA Images Show Mars Beach And Cut Stone Pillars Decorated With Dolphins Mars Anomalies

Martian Art? This NASA image shows cut stone blocks,cement blocks and pillars decorated with what appear to be dolphins or some sort of fish. The fact that the pillar seems to
be decorated with dolphin/fish and is found on what appears to be a beach setting...is pretty amazing. The NASA caption states that this image has been color enhanced to increase the contrast between different rock and soil types on the Martian surface.
  • Like 2

I always wondered about those square blocks on Mars . Way to perfectly square to be shaped by the wind

• Like 1

We do have hexagonal (six-sided) basalt blocks naturally occurring on the Earth, but these Martian forms are rather curious. Don't know about "dolphins and fish" but the square bisected block-like form is very interesting. It would be interesting to dig one out and see the entire form of the object.

(Corrected spelling error.)

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 1

Google this:

"tessellated pavement"

IMG_5675.jpg

TASMAN-PENINSULA-262a.jpg

Tessellated1.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I always wondered about those square blocks on Mars . Way to perfectly square to be shaped by the wind

Yes, the one in the rear in this video ... the cement block object...those very precise corners on it...I just can't see that being done by wind or erosion.

Wow that is so interesting, but since the legend is saying that the step way stones were built by a king, wouldn't be safer to assume so instead of attributing this unusual feature to nature?

I won't compare anything on Mars to what is on Earth. Historians don't even know how many races and nations ruled the earth before. A named lava cut like stones can be in fact an old pavement from an ancient city. There were billions of ppl on earth so far and their traces will be seen everywhere

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

There's weirder geology than that right here on Earth.

Completely different phenomena...lots of strange naturally formed strange geological features on Mars as well. These objects, both the ones in this video and other videos stand out, distinctly different than the surroundings...not a part of some natural widespread geological formation...

• Like 1

NASA Images Show Mars Beach And Cut Stone Pillars Decorated With Dolphins Mars Anomalies

Martian Art? This NASA image shows cut stone blocks,cement blocks and pillars decorated with what appear to be dolphins or some sort of fish. The fact that the pillar seems to

be decorated with dolphin/fish and is found on what appears to be a beach setting...is pretty amazing. The NASA caption states that this image has been color enhanced to increase the contrast between different rock and soil types on the Martian surface.

Polygonal stonework on Mars!

Now I'm really interested!

Polygonal stonework on Mars!

Now I'm really interested!

:w00t: Really interested? If you bothered to watch the vid in the op you'd see 'polygonal' wasnt even mentioned.

yet more proof you just troll

I am going to be honest.

I do not see it the way the video directs us to see it.

I do not see anything there that does not look 'naturally' formed.

I understand though how things ARE perceived. I mean here on earth I have seen cement structures that LOOK naturally formed but are not, and I have seen things created by nature that looks manufactured by humans.

The video is nice, I enjoy looking at nasa images, but I do not see it the same way the person on the video directs us to see it.

• Like 2

:w00t: Really interested? If you bothered to watch the vid in the op you'd see 'polygonal' wasnt even mentioned.

yet more proof you just troll

See 2:48

Yup . There was a civilization on mars .... and PS these are not basalt columns ))) looks like polygonal masonry actually !

Nothing anomalous here. Just sandstone blocks shattered by a small meteorite impact. The image was taken by Opportunity at Concepción crater. The crater is small, about 10 meters in diameter, and relatively fresh.

r27_00000007.jpg

Here's the view from space, courtesy of Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. Opportunity is sitting at the edge of the crater, just to the left of the arrow:

435262main_pia12969-516.jpg

source: http://www.nasa.gov/...s/pia12969.html

The blocks aren't artificial, and there are no carved dolphins:

1P318788982EFFABCRP2558L3M1.JPG

source: http://marsrover.nas...RP2558L3M1.HTML

1P319047731EFFABCUP2560L2M1.JPG

source: http://marsrover.nas...UP2560L2M1.HTML

I think it's pretty clear from the closeup images that the rocks aren't artificial. The sides aren't actually flat, and they're not parallel to each other. They're just blocky chunks of sandstone, like these here on earth:

southhurricane1_lg.jpg

Now, the geologists DID find something interesting about these rocks, but it has nothing to do with them being artificial, carved, etc. For more, take a look here (link). Mars has plenty of natural mysteries to explore. There's really no need to imagine aliens in every photo.

• Like 6

Yup . There was a civilization on mars .... and PS these are not basalt columns ))) looks like polygonal masonry actually !

Did you say 'polygonal masonry'?

andes5%20cusco1.jpg

You really need to post more often Peri, I think a lot of people really enjoy your informative content. I know I do. Don't be such a stranger man! :tu:

• Like 4

The blocks aren't artificial, and there are no carved dolphins:

1P318788982EFFABCRP2558L3M1.JPG

source: http://marsrover.nas...RP2558L3M1.HTML

1P319047731EFFABCUP2560L2M1.JPG

source: http://marsrover.nas...UP2560L2M1.HTML

The top image....and (particularly) the bit on the left of the second image........makes me think of petrified wood..

I, too, am sceptical about the dolphins/fish... :) ......perhaps those shapes are bits of petrified bark on the petrified wood...

just a suggestion

• Like 2

Petrified wood? These are Earth images btw

i-60527e032438f70793df4cb19f7d98ba-3Pagodas.jpg672502.JPG

Both are just rock...that looks like petrified wood!

http://www.summitpost.org/rock-looks-like-petrified-wood/672502

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2006/07/05/young-earth-creationist-debunk/

Looks convincing.

it does make me wonder....

the Nasa image is here... that the OP video used........

http://photojournal....atalog/PIA12452

and in the blurb they say....

This rock has a thick, dark-colored coating that is interesting to scientists because many of the rocks in the surrounding area have the same mysterious dark stuff. The coating could be remnants of a layer that was changed by the action of water and weather or, it could be a layer of rock that melted when a meteor (less than a foot across) impacted Mars, ejecting this rock and others and creating the crater "Concepcion." Knowing its origins will help them understand the history of Mars. Opportunity's mission is to figure out the "ingredients" of this morsel by studying the chemicals in it. Patches of unusual dark material can be seen on top of this rock and on several others in the scene.

Perhaps the...'mysterious dark stuff'...is, as I speculated...petrified bark

• Like 1

This NASA image shows cut stone blocks,cement blocks and pillars decorated with what appear

to be dolphins or some sort of fish.

It does?

• Like 1

Yup . There was a civilization on mars ....

Yeah, exterminated by chemtrailing by the Borgs. Dirty story, this.

• Like 2

Could some of these blocks have been trees once?

The top image....and (particularly) the bit on the left of the second image........makes me think of petrified wood..

Makes me think of a rock.
  • Like 1