Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Children and near-death experiences

markdohle

Charlottesville, VA: The movie "Heaven is for Real" is about the near-death experience Colton Burpo had when he was four. No, he did not die, at least not technically, yet he came very close - close enough that he left this world and entered another - where he met Jesus, saw angels, and spoke with Pops, his paternal grandfather, who had died years before. When shown a picture of Pops, he shook his head no, that wasn't the man. Not until his dad found a much younger photo of the grandfather did Colton say yes, that was Pops, adding that "People are younger in heaven."

Continue: http://pmhatwater.hy...447797453148630

Edited by Still Waters
Removed amount of copied text for copyright reasons. The rest can be viewed in the source link
  • Like 2

yep... all the NDE accounts are remarkable. Of course there are various ways to deny that the experience is real. Personally, i know that consciousness exists independent of the physical body. Now... while the precise events reported MAY be an interpretation, filtered through a conscious mind. I have no problem accepting these reports as genuine experience.

• Like 1

He says that Jesus has blue eyes and his smile lights up Heaven.Good thing the kid's father is a Pastor to interpret the spiritual meaning.

• Like 1

He says that Jesus has blue eyes and his smile lights up Heaven.Good thing the kid's father is a Pastor to interpret the spiritual meaning.

It is true, the adults can at times get in the way of NDE's f children.

peace

mark

It is true, the adults can at times get in the way of NDE's f children.

peace

mark

That's for sure.. :)

Charlottesville, VA: The movie "Heaven is for Real" is about the near-death experience Colton Burpo had when he was four. No, he did not die, at least not technically, yet he came very close - close enough that he left this world and entered another - where he met Jesus, saw angels, and spoke with Pops, his paternal grandfather, who had died years before. When shown a picture of Pops, he shook his head no, that wasn't the man. Not until his dad found a much younger photo of the grandfather did Colton say yes, that was Pops, adding that "People are younger in heaven."

Continue: http://pmhatwater.hy...447797453148630

NDE are powerful even for children. Reminded me of my first OBE experience as a child although I wasn't at a NDE it changed my view on life forever.

I was about 4 when my apparently healthy but very old great grandfather died suddenly. It was my first experience of a family death and I got told the usual he's in heaven thing. I cried because I thought I'd never see him again and I was told I was too young to go see him at the service and it was during my bedtime. But I dreamed I was there! I saw his body and people there and he was floating above with me like a shiny younger version of himself. I saw something or someone else there with us like a beautiful colorful shining star.

Great grandpa Zadok told me there was no need to cry because dead people aren't really dead like most people say. They just change back into what they really are and there's different places they can go. He told me I could go to those places while alive in the same way although most people don't do it until they die. I asked him what the star thing was and he told me it was an angel. I was very excited and told my family . I knew who was there, what they were wearing and what they were saying but we were above them as watching a movie , myself, the angel and my great grandfather were above. My grandmother told me it would be better not to tell people about my more "real" then life dream and that God and the angels work in mysterious ways. She understood well because she experienced a NDE. My grandfather only said to her, she has the gift.

• Like 1

Reminds me of my own NDE right before my fifth birthday.

Had a horrible case of bacterial meningitis in my spine; pus levels were over 3000, couldn't walk straight, couldn't even move my head lest the pain be too great. My parents are atheists; when I was young I never really even knew of religion or really the concept of spirituality. However, apparently, I fell asleep for a long time - I was sleeping for long bouts of time whilst in the hospital - and when I woke up, I began babbling of seeing angels. I wish I could remember this, or know whether or not the memories I have that are foggy are fabricated or not...

• Like 3

The teaching I was brought up with, and still half believe, is that the life spirit or mind leaves the body and hence has only its karma and no detail memories but still desires, and desperately wants to get back what it had, but can't, and in the end is drawn to the womb of a pregnant woman where it combines with the fetus and becomes a new person, rendering the new person the ability to be sensate and conscious.

It is portrayed as all being pretty frightening and sad and horrible.

I've been "dead" twice in recent years from heart attacks, and brought back, and have no memories. I was unconscious. I think I prefer that to my cultural expectations.

The teaching I was brought up with, and still half believe, is that the life spirit or mind leaves the body and hence has only its karma and no detail memories but still desires, and desperately wants to get back what it had, but can't, and in the end is drawn to the womb of a pregnant woman where it combines with the fetus and becomes a new person, rendering the new person the ability to be sensate and conscious.

It is portrayed as all being pretty frightening and sad and horrible.

I've been "dead" twice in recent years from heart attacks, and brought back, and have no memories. I was unconscious. I think I prefer that to my cultural expectations.

I think there are different levels of consciousness that you are born into just as you are on the earth. If you are not born into one you can not perceive those other levels consciously when you die. The spiritual level is the highest and least connected to the earth and memory of individual life, it is so unified with One that the individual Karma doesn't effect it anymore. I believe as you said many are drawn back to birth because of desire or because they have something to accomplish on this plane not necessarily for themselves.

I am not convinced for any branch of spirituality/religion based on NDE's.

From what I have read, they are cultural... so Muslim children see the Prophet, Native American children saw according to the beliefs of their people, etc, etc. If the information I read is correct, a whole string of Tibetan NDEs in ancient times resulted in their book of instructions for the dead and dying (which, I had read, would be read to the dying as they drew near to death.)

This makes sense... if everyone who died "saw Jesus" then the world would have convereted to Christianity (thanks to the NDE reports) thousands of years ago and with very little effort on anyone's part to prosteletyze.)

(disclaimer... after finding out that much of what we thought we knew about ancient Egypt was mostly based on Victorian sensationalism and not on recent fieldwork, I have become more than a little skeptical of what I once thought I knew about Tibetan spiritualism and shamanism. Your mileage may vary.)

• Like 2

Why would we think that the same biological processes that occur when an adult brain is deprived of oxygen wouldn't occur when a child's brain is deprived of oxygen?

I'm a believer...can't wait to see the movie. :yes: