Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 9, Killed Defending Sister, 11

susieice

A 9 yr. old boy was killed Thursday night defending his 11 yr. old sister who was being sexually assaulted.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/02/boy-killed-defending-sister-virginia_n_5253838.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000021

Rest well little hero. What a heartbreaking story.

• Like 2

Brave little boy. The girl should get lots of support now and hugs to her.

• Like 1

Brave little boy. The girl should get lots of support now and hugs to her.

Yes but it wouldn't surprise me if she ends up getting sued for being in possession of a vagina.

• Like 2

Oh that is just horrific! Something that family are never going to reconcile with.

Poor children, my heart goes out to their loved ones :(

• Like 1

People you come across every day are sometimes heroes.

My heart moves with that hero as he travels on, wishing him many great things. What a guy!

• Like 3

I suppose the real shame now is all the money in the world will be spent trying to "rehilibate" the rapist and the little girls needs will be forgotten.

If this happened in Britain it wouldn't even have made the news unless it happened in London.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

Boy praised as having the heart of a lion. This article says he was 8 yrs old. A 16 yr old has been charged with the crime.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/04/virginia-teen-charged-in-attack_n_5262599.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000021

**** I got something in my eye...

• Like 5

The world can be terrible. I'm usually against the death penalty. Usually.

• Like 3

What a heartbreaking story, thanks for sharing susieice.

• Like 1

That's awful :cry: . I agree with the sentiments, the kids a hero and if i was from the US i'd sign that petition. One of the most touching things to me is this -

The church held a vigil for Marty last weekend. A neighbor broke down as she stepped into the candlelight, surround by Marty’s family members and hundreds of friends and strangers.

It was the mother of the teenage suspect. She quickly got swept into a hug, said Prince, who was in the crowd. Everyone knew she was hurting, too.

Even though it wasn't the mothers fault in the slightest, i can't say i'd be as compassionate that soon after it happened. Massive :tu: to Martys famiily for that.

• Like 4