Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A strange memory

JJ50

For as long as I can remember I have had this strange image in my mind, no doubt a dream. I was up in heaven with God and the angels, God was a bright white light. I was told it was my turn to go down to earth to do my bit as a human! I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of leaving my cosy billet and protested, to no avail. I apparently screamed for the first three months of my life, no doubt a temper tantrum at having had my wishes thwarted by the deity!

In reality I am an agnostic who hopes there is no afterlife and one ceases to be when dead.

Sorry about the title, I don't quite know what happened, it should read, 'A strange memory'!

Edited by JJ50

Sorry about the title, I don't quite know what happened, it should read, 'A strange memory'!

No problem. *fixed* :)

Culture does that sometimes.

• Like 1

Culture does what?

Shape ideas, or memories.

How old were you?

I don't remember dreaming it, I just remember it always being in my mind, since infancy.

Interesting. I have a similar memory from a dream I had at 19 years old. To this day I'm not convinced it was a mere dream, I'm also not convinced it wasn't. In it I was with my grandfather, dead about three years at the time. in a room made of intense silver light brighter than any light yet painless to look at. My grandfather was wearing a white robe and so were all the other people in the room, all males. My grandfather made me to understand non-verbally that all the men in the room were male ancestors of mine and that this is one of the places you go after you leave the physical world. I woke up with an indescribable feeling of love and contentment.. It seemed very real.

• Like 1

For as long as I can remember I have had this strange image in my mind, no doubt a dream. I was up in heaven with God and the angels, God was a bright white light. I was told it was my turn to go down to earth to do my bit as a human! I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of leaving my cosy billet and protested, to no avail. I apparently screamed for the first three months of my life, no doubt a temper tantrum at having had my wishes thwarted by the deity!

In reality I am an agnostic who hopes there is no afterlife and one ceases to be when dead.

I have a similar memory. I resisted coming back again then I was placed something in front of me that showed the life I was to live. Reluctantly I accepted my fate. The next thing I remember was staring up at the ceiling and crying incosolably wishing I was back 'there' somewhere in the corner of the ceiling. Sixty five years later I still remember and often feel homesick to tat other place.Most strange.

I remember being in my Grandmother's arms screaming my head off, I would be in my first three months of life. I looked up into the corner and saw what seemed to be a beautiful white shining face. I stopped crying immediately. I mentioned that incident to my Grandmother years later. She remembered that she was holding me in her arms and I was crying as usual, when I suddenly stopped and had the most wonderful smile on my face. She said she did wonder if I could see something she couldn't.

It was not a dream.And I don't know why the corner ceiling in the room was so important.I just wanted to go back there. I also know I was a tiny baby.

There has only been once in my life where I have had a dream about something that I knew wasn't just a normal dream. I was with a woman around my age, it was like a "moving slideshow" I guess, where I was in the dream but after a couple minutes it would move to another "slide". I 3 years later I remember her face and I remember the next morning nothing could take the smile off my face. I was happier than I had ever been that day and most of the next day. I just wish I knew whether it was a normal dream, past life memory or how happy I will be with someone in the future. Personally I am hoping for how it will be in the future, so I can that happy everyday.

People who die but then are resuscitated also have similar experiences of not wanting to return to life, such was the splendour of the "other" place they were a temporary resident of.

This not infrequently happens during surgery, after significant accidents etc., and being up in a corner of a room and watching surgeons fighting below to bring them back to life is a not uncommon theme.

People who die but then are resuscitated also have similar experiences of not wanting to return to life, such was the splendour of the "other" place they were a temporary resident of.

This not infrequently happens during surgery, after significant accidents etc., and being up in a corner of a room and watching surgeons fighting below to bring them back to life is a not uncommon theme.

People aren't dead if they can be resuscitated they are just in an altered state of consciousness.