Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Vampire therapy' could reverse ageing

Still Waters

It may seem the stuff of gothic horror novels, but transfusions of young blood could reverse the ageing process and even cure Alzheimer’s Disease, scientists believe.

Throughout history, cultures across the globe have extolled the properties of youthful blood, with children sacrificed and the blood of young warriors drunk by the victors.

http://www.telegraph...tists-find.html

I dunno if that is a very accurate description of what they have in mind, which will be a pill.

LOL @ "Vampire Therapy"! I looked at this and initially thought it meant having Dracula sink his teeth into you!

At first glance I thought this was going to be about blood facials :)

I think that if this proves out to be a true and good thing they will have to synthesize the stuff for transfusions. I mean, this is found in young blood, and I kind of doubt many people would be ok with harvesting kids blood for a youth transfusion.

At first glance I thought this was going to be about blood facials :)

I think that if this proves out to be a true and good thing they will have to synthesize the stuff for transfusions. I mean, this is found in young blood, and I kind of doubt many people would be ok with harvesting kids blood for a youth transfusion.

It's a chemical they've found in young people that older people lack. All they need do is synthesize, but first they are going to have to prove safety as a cancer risk here is pretty obvious. At least that's what I read.

David Icke is losing his mind over this one.

I've been given reason to believe this might be the case..

Some years ago my father was very ill, and had to go into hospital for a blood transfusion because his red-count was very low..

His recovery was something more akin to total rejuvenation of mind and body.. His sharp wit increased ten fold, and his agility improved, but was not obviously that remarkable for a 78 year old..

We joked that he'd been given teenage blood, because he often acted like a teenager as in reckless, joked about everything, zany and mischievous..

So, yeah, Vampire Therapy.. IMO it works.. But it does open up one hell of a dangerous can o' worms when you stop and think about it.

• Like 1

" Quick , before my hair turns white ! Get me a young virgin for a Blood Sacrifice ' ! :tsu:

And then selling blood will become a business. And then they will start to "farm" babies and children like in a pig farm...

Elizabeth Bathory of Hungary's theory upheld, but its application was still criminal.

Perhaps the vampire myths had some base to them lol

• Like 1

there was a anime manga book where something like this happened and the end result was everybody had to higher bounty hunters to stop the humans that are willing to still blood from young people but the blood of the old was safe so they could still go out at night and none of the young people ever trusted any old people

And then selling blood will become a business. And then they will start to "farm" babies and children like in a pig farm...

Much, much cheaper to isolate the chemical, refine it, improve it, produce it, then sell it.

People are expensive.

First thing that occurred to me... Younger blood is going to have a lot more stem cells in it. These in turn help the person feel younger and more healthy. How else the blood may be improving health seems to still be mysterious....

Perhaps the vampire myths had some base to them lol

...Ya never know...All i can think is if it was true,i wonder if there might be people out there who work in hospitals and blood banks...So easy the access would be.Vampires are so vein!(oops i mean vain)Lol

I hate hearing about these reversing ageing articles that crop up occasionally, curing diseases is fantastic, of course, but spreading hopes of reversing the ageing process, an unnatural and world changing for the worse thing in itself, isn't good for people to hear.

I hate hearing about these reversing ageing articles that crop up occasionally, curing diseases is fantastic, of course, but spreading hopes of reversing the ageing process, an unnatural and world changing for the worse thing in itself, isn't good for people to hear.

How so?

Edited by spartan max2

Just ask Magic Johnson, proven and real to a extent..

I think it has to do with DHEA levels of younger people.

imagine someone else's blood in u.. my body's already tingling now!

I wonder how the effects of a younger person's blood added to your own compares with blood doping?

Athletes do so to get added oxygen exchange, for better performance at athletics. Would added oxygen contribute to what the blood study saw here?

I wonder how the effects of a younger person's blood added to your own compares with blood doping?

Athletes do so to get added oxygen exchange, for better performance at athletics. Would added oxygen contribute to what the blood study saw here?

Or Iron. Or Copper. Or Magnesium. The list could go on and on. Again I emphasize that DHEA has a lot to do with how you feel.

I presume this does not work with just "plasma"

So, if with red blood cells and such, does there have to be a "type" match or some other medical considerations with the rats??

Just curious...

How so?

Because:

It's false hope that can never be achieved, and if it did would cause untold social problems and upheaval.

Longer lifespanes would have some good as well. Part of the problem with tackling environmental issues is in a lot of cases they have side effcts that take longer to manifest than the average person's life expectancy. It's hard to get people to take them seriously.