Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

personal experience of out of place objects

I've worked in mines all over South Africa for over 30 years, in both opencast and sub surface and in that time have came across many unusual items buried in rock hundreds of yards below the surface, seemingly completely out of place and time,

Hammer heads, copper dishes, lenths of formed iron, small blocks of aluminium, have all shown up in rock deposits over 3 billion years old,

Now im a sceptical man and I put alot of these findings down to various mining methods being carried out in a rushed manner, with topsoil and underclay not being completely removed, and being mixed with the rock face during excavation, which would allow any objects in the top layer of the surface to be mixed with the deep rock! But this idea only stands with open cast mining, and doesn't account for every object found, we have had what looks like railway sleeper pins found in lumps of coal that have the clear mould in the coal from where they were, and various other items like chisels and tools found in sub surface mines with clear indentations of where they were in the rock, almost as if somebody had been down here mining millions of years ago and left there equipment!

But the strangest find of all was back in the early 80's, I was working in a chalk and silver mine near Ottosdal where we found small slightly squashed metalic spheres, they were turning up frequently in a pyrophyllite chalk face more than 3 billion years old (according to the geologist). If I remember correctly they were a form of alloy that does not occur naturally, I remember at the time we tryed cutting one open with no success, a hacksaw didnt even scratch them, but somebody did eventually crack one open in a hydraulic press, and what was inside was even stranger, it was like wet papermache that smelled of ammonia dryed within a few minutes to a fine powder, at the time the "experts" deemed them to be natural in origin, (seemed like the easy explanation to keep a lid on things) untill a few that were found with perfect grooves running all the way round them! I saw these first hand and they were with outa doubt not natural! The grooves were perfectly parallel and uniformed in depth and distance, I also remember them being perfectly ballanced, you could sit them on a glass table and spin them and they would turn perfectly for minutes! Im aware they have been documented in the past, and it was proposed that NASA had experimented with them and said "even with all the technology we have today we couldnt make something so true in ballance" at the time I dont ever recall NASA having anything to do with them, so I dont think that part is true! But I can confirm first hand that these spheres were excavated from rock supposedly billions of years old and they were by all accounts of my observations most definatly not natural! They had been machined/manufactured,

So the ultimate question begs.....what are they? who made them? And why are they imbedded in 3billion yearold rock?

There have been some wild and outlandish theories amongst the mining community over the years from bullets from ancient galactic warfare, and utensils from pre history civilisations,

The same has been suggested for the out of place tools and artifacts along with the notion of time slips and vortices transporting items!

I personally have no idea what, where, how or when these things came from or got where they did, all I can confirm is that the phenomenon is real!

Whats the general opinion and idea of the UM crowd?

• Like 2

A couple questions. How big were the spheres? You mention them as "small", but golf ball sized? Bigger? Smaller? What was the non-natural alloy they were made from? Do you know what the powder was? I don't know much about mining, but I'm sure there are questions about location and method I could ask.

A couple questions. How big were the spheres? You mention them as "small", but golf ball sized? Bigger? Smaller? What was the non-natural alloy they were made from? Do you know what the powder was? I don't know much about mining, but I'm sure there are questions about location and method I could ask.

I think, but dont quote me, they were a nickle/high carbon steel alloy, and they varied in size from an inch to about 4 inches, so golf ball size to baseball size.

At the time the inside was never identified as far as I know! But it felt just like talcum powder, very smooth and slippy

• Like 1

I remember reading something about these type of spheres that had grooves all the way around them but I thought that those were reported from Central or South America (I may be wrong) but also there are those larger spheres that are out there in those countries that are like huge and near perfect spheres buried in and above ground. Have you ever run into something with writing or images or was there anything else that you may have run into that totally baffled you?

• Like 1

Whats the general opinion and idea of the UM crowd?

Klerksdorp spheres are small objects, often spherical to disc-shaped, that have been collected by miners and rockhounds from 3-billion-year-old pyrophyllite deposits mined by Wonderstone Ltd., near Ottosdal, South Africa. They have been cited by some alternative researchers and reporters in books,[1][2] popular articles,[3][4] and many web pages,[5][6] as inexplicable out-of-place artifacts that could only have been manufactured by intelligent beings. Geologists who have studied these objects have concluded that the objects are not manufactured, but are rather the result of natural processes.

(...)

Criticism of "out of place" claims

The various claims[1][2][4][6] that these objects are either "perfectly round" or perfect spheres is now known to be incorrect as directly observed by Heinrich.[8][9][10] These specimens vary widely in shape, from noticeably flattened spheres to distinct disks. As illustrated by Heinrich,[9][10] some of the Klerksdorp spheres are intergrown with each other, like a mass of soap bubbles. The observations and figure refute claims that these objects are either always spherical or isolated in their occurrence. As noted by Heinrich,[9][10] even grooved spheres are not perfect spheres and some consist of intergrown spheres.

http://en.wikipedia....erksdorp_sphere

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

I remember reading something about these type of spheres that had grooves all the way around them but I thought that those were reported from Central or South America (I may be wrong) but also there are those larger spheres that are out there in those countries that are like huge and near perfect spheres buried in and above ground. Have you ever run into something with writing or images or was there anything else that you may have run into that totally baffled you?

There may well have been similar spheres found in South America, but these were all found in the same mine near Ottosdal, South Africa.

Ive never came across anything as obvious as writing or images, but we have on ocasion been following a vein underground and all of a sudden you break through into an opening as if somebody had been there mining before you.

• Like 2

Yes there have been alot unearthed that are very worn looking as if they have been slowly eroding over the years, but there are a few that are like perfect cricket balls!

• Like 1

Fascinating. I sure wish I could have seen these things, first-hand preferably but photographs would work; you are lucky to have witnessed this. I can't comment on the artifacts encased in coal, however I am wondering out loud if the spheres were not made when the Earth was much hotter or an artifact from the early bombardment era where metals could get melted together to form something "strange".

• Like 1

(...), but there are a few that are like perfect cricket balls!

Where are they now? Fotos?

Where are they now? Fotos?

I didnt have a camara phone back in the 80's, im only working from memory, but im led to believe that many of them ended up in museums and public displays, at the time we were not allowed to claim them or take them home due to supposed radiation fears, although im not sure if that was genuine or a clever method to stop us stealing them

thanks for telling us your experience. The skeptics will be slamming you shortly... but i enjoy hearing your personal account. YouTube calls 'em Klerksdorp spheres.

• Like 1

Pretty cool that you have seen a lot of neat things during your career 6.6.6. I've only done some backyard digging and found weird and cool stuff sometimes- totally explainable and totally neat. I would have to imagine digging up weird stuff in mining sized digging would be incredible.

So what do mining companies do with stuff they dig up? I'm sure some of it might be museum worthy or might be worth a few bucks as scrap. But what, does it get tossed in a box in the bosses office for a while, or some storage shed? Just churned into the slag heap? Workers take home souvenirs?

Edited by rashore

Pretty cool that you have seen a lot of neat things during your career 6.6.6. I've only done some backyard digging and found weird and cool stuff sometimes- totally explainable and totally neat. I would have to imagine digging up weird stuff in mining sized digging would be incredible.

So what do mining companies do with stuff they dig up? I'm sure some of it might be museum worthy or might be worth a few bucks as scrap. But what, does it get tossed in a box in the bosses office for a while, or some storage shed? Just churned into the slag heap? Workers take home souvenirs?

I'll be honest with you, its only by shear chance that these artifacts are spotted now and again! Its a very much mechanised industry, with it being a rare occasion that anybody is actually up close to the rock face to face, I would hate to imagen the amount of things that have been dug up and put through a crusher or onto the waste tip with nobody noticing a thing!

What little that is found nowadays will probably end up being thrown in a skip and forgotten about

I have heard of occasions where unusual things have been unearthed and the workers have been orderd not to say a word to anybody, as the publicity/attention/press are not really a welcome commodity on a working, constant production, high security site!

Its a real shame that more effort isn't put into looking for and cataloguing these underground finds, but in a profit fueled environment there is absolutely no time or available resources to carry out such observations!

• Like 1

6.6.6 - thanks for relaying the experience.

DieChecker, good eye, as ususal

• Like 1

Praise be to my Encyclopedia like brain full of just about useless knowledge.

Are these the spheres?

9dae16a83f95372f.jpg

I'd heard over and over that these were natural.

Here is what the science skeptics say...

http://ncse.com/rncse/28/1/mysterious-spheres-ottosdal-south-africa

Yes there were spheres like this that were very worn looking, but there were also ones that weren't damaged!

There were perfectly smooth ones that resembled cricket balls with perfectly machined groves running exactly around its equator,

thanks for telling us your experience. The skeptics will be slamming you shortly... but i enjoy hearing your personal account. YouTube calls 'em Klerksdorp spheres.

Ive never understood why they are referred to as Klerksdorp spheres, Klerksdorp is a 2 hour drive from the mine

• Like 1

Ive never understood why they are referred to as Klerksdorp spheres, Klerksdorp is a 2 hour drive from the mine

Because they are on exhibition at the Klerksdorp museum?

Yes there were spheres like this that were very worn looking, but there were also ones that weren't damaged!

There were perfectly smooth ones that resembled cricket balls with perfectly machined groves running exactly around its equator,

But they are nowhere now, right?

Because they are on exhibition at the Klerksdorp museum?

There are Egyptian mummies in Edinburgh museum! Should we rename them "Edinburgh mummies"?

There are Egyptian mummies in Edinburgh museum! Should we rename them "Edinburgh mummies"?

Is your last name the name of the place your were born?

But they are nowhere now, right?

Im only giving you a personal experience, I have no evidence or photos,

Over the 4 years I worked for Wonderstone we recoverd over 100 of these alloy spheres, some were heavily worn and had obviously been victim to some form of mineral abrasion over the billions of years, just like the ones in the previous photo, and the geologist explained these away as natural, beacuase realistically it was the only logical explanation they could come with! But the few that were found in perfect condition had the geologist scratching his head! I can assure you they were not natural! As I said before they were crafted and machined! The grooves were uniformed and even with perfect parallel spacing!

• Like 1

Is your last name the name of the place your were born?

Im not getting into a petty debate with you over this!

But the few that were found in perfect condition had the geologist scratching his head! I can assure you they were not natural!

As I said before they were crafted and machined! The grooves were uniformed and even with perfect parallel spacing!

So assuming that they were found in a 3 billion years old environment, what`s your hypothesis about that these items were, as you said,

crafted and machined?