Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare Goblin shark caught off coast of GA

Merc14

It was caught up in their nets by accident they said.......poor shark.

The Daily Mail reports the shark is thought to be a female, and they're showing a full sized image of it so you can see how big it actually is -

http://www.dailymail...inty-teeth.html

• Like 1

It was caught up in their nets by accident they said.......poor shark.

The Daily Mail reports the shark is thought to be a female, and they're showing a full sized image of it so you can see how big it actually is -

http://www.dailymail...inty-teeth.html

Much better link, thanks. I love the retractable jaws!

• Like 1

Amazing creature.

It's odd though that it would show up in a shrimp net given that it us generally considered a deep water inhabitant and shrimping is a fairly shallow water activity.

• Like 1

Amazing creature.

It's odd though that it would show up in a shrimp net given that it us generally considered a deep water inhabitant and shrimping is a fairly shallow water activity.

I have no clue but isn't it generally thiought that when these deep sea animals come up it is because they are sick? Someone in the article said it was following the shrimp up for a meal but I'm not so dure about that.

• Like 1

I have no clue but isn't it generally thiought that when these deep sea animals come up it is because they are sick? Someone in the article said it was following the shrimp up for a meal but I'm not so dure about that.

I was thinking that it was probably sick as well. But who knows, there's probably a good deal we don't know about goblin sharks.

• Like 2