Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happened to UFO photography?

Sir Wearer of Hats

When I first got into this Aliens are Visiting Us lark, when I was a lad, there were tonnes of really clear photos of alien craft. Not just Adamanski or Meier, but it seemed that everyone was taking good - albeit often blurry - photos of craft but now we're getting all worked up about blobs of lights.

What happened?

Yes, some of the clear craft shots were fake (take a bow so we can boot you up the bum Billy Meier).

But surely we've the technology to take really detailed photos of these craft.

Especially the "it hovered over the mountains for ages" type of reports. Hell, I can take a photo of the mountains from my place that's clear enough to tell you what types of trees are on them and the Great Dividing range is nearly and hour away from my place.

Where are the craft? Not the blobs. I want to see proper UFOs not ULS (Unidentified Light Sources).

Noone is going to be convinced by a light.

• Like 9

Wish I coulda snapped a picture.

But, no picture of any UFO is going to make any difference.

• Like 2

Where are the craft? Not the blobs. I want to see proper UFOs not ULS (Unidentified Light Sources).

I find this footage pretty intriguing. It's a mix of craft and lightsource, and it is weird. They did some pretty extensive analyzes of the footage.

The first sequence here are the whole footage he filmed. and it is last some 5min.>>

The second sequence are the analyzes and digital recreation of it etc>>

If you have the time I recommend you see the whole documentary from the start. It's pretty interesting. >>

Edited by EllJay

This is a mystery to me too. The amount and quality of camera equipment that's owned by people has never been higher. I'm not talking about cell phone cameras but also DSLRs that are better than the best film SLRs were in the 70's and 80's. Not to mention there are far more traffic and security cameras.

UFOs are a thing of the past I guess.

• Like 1

In addition to UFO photography going to pot, I question why the number of UFO occupant sightings and interaction has dried up. There used to be all kinds of reports of hairy, smelly, or space-suited aliens in the sixties through the early eighties. Now we only get the ol' boring grays. So why did UFOs turns into blobs of light? Why did the wide array of weird creatures interacting with us end?

• Like 2

I chalk it up to "claimers" just being lazier than they used to be--all of this incredible technology now, and nothing. Lazy, I say. Or maybe the smarter ones are too afraid now, knowing that while they have the tech to get some better pics, there's also tech available to cull out the fakes better now as well.

• Like 2

When I first got into this Aliens are Visiting Us lark, when I was a lad, there were tonnes of really clear photos

of alien craft. Not just Adamanski or Meier, but it seemed that everyone was taking good - albeit often blurry -

photos of craft but now we're getting all worked up about blobs of lights.

What happened?

Modern technology like PCs, free software, digi/phone-cams and media like YT influenced the classic

adulteration, performed by hands and with a lot of skills required, in the photo lab. At this times sharpness

were more an indicator to mock authenticity than it is today. I would say that the number of fakers in the

pre-digital era is approx 0,02% (or so) of the todays value. In addition, UFO is a catch "word" so it is been

used for a number of purposes like click maximation. I just keyed "UFO" into the YT search bar and got

6.090.000 hits and that is an indicator that the term UFO is a harlot meanwhile.

The sad part of the development are not the fakers, the more sad part are the believers of this rubbish as it

must be judged as an indirect PISA test with terrible results in relation to science, cognition and skepticism

based on knowledge.

Another interesting fact is that the UFO-pro community seems to favor light fare only like blobs, testimonials

of drunken farmers and clips/pics of RC drones and birthday ballons. Last Dezember there was a thread

about an unknown object in the Aurora Borealis, photographed by NASA, but this thread just survived for

3 pages even if the object had very clear visual characteristics that matched for an unknown flying object.

Thread here:

http://www.unexplain...s

Oh yeah same for me. I wanna see a clip/pic showing something technical, structured,threatening, exotic, dirty, loud, agressive, dark,

heat emitting, like this:

Nostromo_Landing_zpsfe3c6c7f.jpg

Edited by toast
  • Like 5

I find this footage pretty intriguing. It's a mix of craft and lightsource, and it is weird. They did some pretty extensive analyzes of

the footage. The first sequence here are the whole footage he filmed. and it is last some 5min.>>

The second sequence are the analyzes and digital recreation of it etc>>

If you have the time I recommend you see the whole documentary from the start. It's pretty interesting.

These clips are showing exactly the blurry rubbish this thread is about. Didn`t you read it?

• Like 3

Yep. The obvious answer is that all or at least the greater part of those old UFO pics were fakes and people don't do them anymore being well aware it's easier to debunk a pie pan being flung frisbee like through the air with our current technology than it used to be. I mean look at all of those people in the 50's and 60's that used to claim to have interaction with venutians and martians :alien: . What a joke. But yeah, some of those old time saucer pictures sure got me going when I was a kid.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted images
  • Like 5

They keep getting debunked.

No use taking a clear pic of a ..well.....car light in the distance, or today, a drone, whats the fun in that? It will just get debunked even quicker, less likies on youtube I guess?

• Like 2

These clips are showing exactly the blurry rubbish this thread is about. Didn`t you read it?

Well it does not.It is not a single lightsource far in the distance, it was a structure and it had rotating motion. Didn't you watch it?

Didn't you listen to what they said?

Are saucer-shaped craft even reported any more? Cigar and delta-shaped UFO's seem to be all the rage nowadays.

Well it does not.It is not a single lightsource far in the distance, it was a structure and it had rotating motion. Didn't you watch it?

Didn't you listen to what they said?

Did I said single light dot? And no, I didn`t watched it and didn`t listened to it, I just jumped by some clicks through it and it is just

the same rubbish that can be found millions of times on YT. "Best daylight UFO footage ever" says it all.

I think the mainstream media is steering away from anything with UFOs in after frauds like Ed Walters showed that they'd have to do some investigation before they could declare a case to be legitimate. It was so much easier back in the 90's!

• Like 1

I chalk it up to "claimers" just being lazier than they used to be--all of this incredible technology now, and nothing. Lazy, I say. Or maybe the smarter ones are too afraid now, knowing that while they have the tech to get some better pics, there's also tech available to cull out the fakes better now as well.

This is what I was wondering - seems digital photography should be even easier to fake - if one wanted to. Of course another cause might be that they've gathered all the data they needed and have set the date for the invasion OR they got bored with us idiots and moved on after chuckling ruefully :w00t:
  • Like 2

Most UFO's I think are government experimental air craft. They don't try to hide they are trying to see if anyone can spot them...

• Like 2

Most UFO's I think are government experimental air craft. They don't try to hide they are trying to see if anyone can spot them...

I had been saying this about the Roswell incident, the government love it when people mention UFO's, while people are looking up towards the skies, it stops them looking down on Earth and at what the scientists working for the governments are really up to in their tucked away labs. Roswell was a close call, so the UFO story was their saving grace. Nothing has changed since then, except their labs are even more descrete now.

• Like 4

When I first got into this Aliens are Visiting Us lark, when I was a lad, there were tonnes of really clear photos of alien craft. Not just Adamanski or Meier, but it seemed that everyone was taking good - albeit often blurry - photos of craft but now we're getting all worked up about blobs of lights.

What happened?

Yes, some of the clear craft shots were fake (take a bow so we can boot you up the bum Billy Meier).

But surely we've the technology to take really detailed photos of these craft.

Especially the "it hovered over the mountains for ages" type of reports. Hell, I can take a photo of the mountains from my place that's clear enough to tell you what types of trees are on them and the Great Dividing range is nearly and hour away from my place.

The answer is quite simple.

Zoser has declared that it is impossible to take crisp clear photos of an extraterrerstrial craft:\

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

snapback.pngThe Word of Thoth, on 02 May 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Once..... Just ONCE..... I'd like to se a crystal clear picture of a suspected UFO.

Fuzzy, dark, blurry, out of focus pics/clips are doin my swede in.

Not possible due to the anti-gravitational field effect.

This proves the point:

UFO3_zpsdd04d7aa.jpg

[emphasis mine but original words by zoser]

So the lesson is simple to those who ask for clear pics of UFOs.

Zoser, who has thoroughly and heavily researched the topic has declared as fact that it is simply not possible to get clear photographs of UFOs. Question closed. Problem solved. Please stop asking more awkward questions.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 8

When the vast majority of the population have their cell phone as the best capable camera to take long distance photos, that' s what happened.

Let's not forget all those wonderful radar hits, that zoser and the boys are so happy to trot out, have dried up as well. Powerful, phased array radars using pulse doppler returns processed through powerful computers just seem unable to pick up these little buggers like the old reliable pulse radars connected to a Mark I-A human brain that is half asleep in a hut in Podunk, Idaho. Sad. :w00t:

• Like 4

People also used to have cheap awesome 35mm cameras! Point and click! In contrast I timed myself and it took me 9 seconds to get a photo using my cell phone!

• Like 1

Perhaps considering that it took more trouble to fake pictures in "the good old days" as well?

Anyone can torrent a free copy of Photoshop, or just download GIMP themselves and have at it. In the older days, processing skill and ar would have been a requirement. But it still happened. And considering the trouble they must have gone too, they would be less numerous, so would catch attention more. And nobody would be thinking "photoshop"

But.......

403.jpg

• Like 5

Perhaps considering that it took more trouble to fake pictures in "the good old days" as well?

Anyone can torrent a free copy of Photoshop, or just download GIMP themselves and have at it. In the older days, processing skill and ar would have been a requirement. But it still happened. And considering the trouble they must have gone too, they would be less numerous, so would catch attention more. And nobody would be thinking "photoshop"

But.......

403.jpg

That is so a fake, I know that cap, its Nike and the shoes = Jimmy Choo

• Like 2

The serious lack of credible structured craft ufo pictures is yet another nail in the alien hypothesis coffin

• Like 4