Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian planes flew by California

Arkitecht

Just a snippet from the linked article above.

The head of U.S. air forces in the Pacific said on Monday that Russia's intervention in Ukraine had been accompanied by a significant increase in Russian air activity in the Asia-Pacific region in a show of strength and to gather intelligence.

General Herbert "Hawk" Carlisle said the activity had included Russian flights to the coast of California, and around the U.S. Pacific island of Guam.

Just a snippet from the linked article above.

The head of U.S. air forces in the Pacific said on Monday that Russia's intervention in Ukraine had been accompanied by a significant increase in Russian air activity in the Asia-Pacific region in a show of strength and to gather intelligence.

General Herbert "Hawk" Carlisle said the activity had included Russian flights to the coast of California, and around the U.S. Pacific island of Guam.

Putin knows that our president is his b****h. He will do anything he wants and laugh in Oby's face. I hope that those who elected him are ashamed and humiliated by this.
  • Like 1

Putin will push the envelope as far as he can because it makes him look good to his supporters.

• Like 2

[

Russian planes flew by California

...And Guam...for?

Because Russian planes flying by really scare the crap out of people apparently?

HOLY %&$^ they're right behind us! Obama says to just give 'em what they want!

tupolev_tu95_bear_l2.jpg

• Like 2

I guess we shouldn't be surprised since our government seems hell bent on plunging us into another cold war or worse.

• Like 4

Putin better watch it. If keeps this up Obama might take away his TV privileges.

Mike

• Like 4

Well so far they have been seen offshore in subs(off the coast of texas a few weeks ago) and then this.They are definitely sending a message. Never thought they would be off the west coast...east coast yeah...but off the California coast?Ballsy.

We do the same thing all the time. It's like when two school ground kids puff up their chest and get into each others face.

• Like 1

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

LOL

• Like 3

Putin better watch it. If keeps this up Obama might take away his TV privileges.

Mike

Followed by a stern letter of reprimand.

Russia is going to see just how much they can get away with and the more of these little things they do, the more the people of Russia get behind it. They are feeling their oats again and they are liking it. Putin knows the USA people are war weary and do not want another fight so this is the perfect opportunity to flex his muscles for his people and reclaim some of the pride they feel they have lost.

In my opinion, it's just posturing for the benefit of Russia's people. I honestly do not see direct conflict with Russia anytime soon. Another Cold War? Possible I guess.

When the USSR collapsed and essentially ended the old cold war, we needed a new boogey man and voila! The war on terror...the never ending, unbeatable foe. Perfect for the never ending funding of the Military Industrial Complex and the systematic removal of people's liberties. Who needs Russia? We have scary brown people all over the world just waiting to kill us USA citizens (/sarcam)

• Like 3

Followed by a stern letter of reprimand.

Russia is going to see just how much they can get away with and the more of these little things they do, the more the people of Russia get behind it. They are feeling their oats again and they are liking it. Putin knows the USA people are war weary and do not want another fight so this is the perfect opportunity to flex his muscles for his people and reclaim some of the pride they feel they have lost.

In my opinion, it's just posturing for the benefit of Russia's people. I honestly do not see direct conflict with Russia anytime soon. Another Cold War? Possible I guess.

When the USSR collapsed and essentially ended the old cold war, we needed a new boogey man and voila! The war on terror...the never ending, unbeatable foe. Perfect for the never ending funding of the Military Industrial Complex and the systematic removal of people's liberties. Who needs Russia? We have scary brown people all over the world just waiting to kill us USA citizens (/sarcam)

...Scary brown people?!?Really?Well sure,i guess it is true there might be one scary guy...He is gonna help lead us right into a nasty ass war that will escalate out of control till sometime in the near future a decision is made to use a weapon no one wants to see its not even about if,its about when.

How dare they! We would never encroach upon a non-combatant's territory. We would just attack and/or invade its country in the name of democracy. What's good for the Russian goose is good for the American gander. What would our reaction be if they encircled and surrounded us? What if they helped our enemies stage a coup in Canada? What if they sanctioned us when we rescued "Americans" who were threatened by the new regime? What if they sent troops to Greenland, Latin America, the Caribbean, etc. with the excuse that our actions indicated that we wanted to conquer all of North America?

• Like 4

This junk makes me nervous. Having grown up in the paranoia of cold war and hot wars to stop the red menace or menaces, without the BIG ONE happening doesn't make me feel secure that some fools won't make it happen yet!

What century is this? where is our progress when we are teetering on self destruction ? ! For what?

• Like 1

This junk makes me nervous. Having grown up in the paranoia of cold war and hot wars to stop the red menace or menaces, without the BIG ONE happening doesn't make me feel secure that some fools won't make it happen yet!

What century is this? where is our progress when we are teetering on self destruction ? ! For what?

For the love of money. Follow the yellow brick road.

• Like 4

How dare they! We would never encroach upon a non-combatant's territory. We would just attack and/or invade its country in the name of democracy. What's good for the Russian goose is good for the American gander. What would our reaction be if they encircled and surrounded us? What if they helped our enemies stage a coup in Canada? What if they sanctioned us when we rescued "Americans" who were threatened by the new regime? What if they sent troops to Greenland, Latin America, the Caribbean, etc. with the excuse that our actions indicated that we wanted to conquer all of North America?

Ahhh....now here we go. I was pondering bringing this up, but it's nice to see someone already beat me to the punch. People need to realize this was a Western coup through and through and that whatever Putin is doing....is essentially reactionary. In fact, I personally think he should be given a lot of credit. He's exercised a lot of restraint thus far.

This Imperialism by the USA and its Puppet States has got to stop. We are creating chaos all over the planet in the name of "democracy" and "American exceptionalism." Well, how's that democracy going in places like Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan?

And the tragic irony with Crimea is that they voted to return to Russia. I guess our leaders only care about and recognize "democracy" when it's the outcome THEY want.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 4

It would be interesting to know the exact times that the Russian planes flew by southern California and how close they got. I cannot help but wonder if the time coincides with the time that the U2 supposedly caused the ATC system to crash. Can't help but wonder if the Bears were carrying some Russian EW equipment?

Now that he is back, Jack Bauer will get to the bottom of this. :yes:

Ahhh....now here we go. I was pondering bringing this up, but it's nice to see someone already beat me to the punch. People need to realize this was a Western coup through and through and that whatever Putin is doing....is essentially reactionary. In fact, I personally think he should be given a lot of credit. He's exercised a lot of restraint thus far.

This Imperialism by the USA and its Puppet States has got to stop. We are creating chaos all over the planet in the name of "democracy" and "American exceptionalism." Well, how's that democracy going in places like Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan?

And the tragic irony with Crimea is that they voted to return to Russia. I guess our leaders only care about and recognize "democracy" when it's the outcome THEY want.

There's no doubt about it. Check out the USA's NGOs too. Some of them spread chaos and unrest in the name of the new version of democracy. Just think if other countries did that to us (if you live here).

• Like 1

Russia's gobbling up Ukraine one piece at a time, but hey, some planes flew by so...

it's back to politicizing and criticizing every move Obama makes again, replete with no better alternatives whatsoever. :td:

• Like 1

If you look at the history books there was always some empire wanting to conquer another for it's riches or just to

expand the existing one. Humans have advanced in technology but not in wisdom.

• Like 2

Russia's gobbling up Ukraine one piece at a time, but hey, some planes flew by so...

it's back to politicizing and criticizing every move Obama makes again, replete with no better alternatives whatsoever. :td:

His hands might be tied (or pulled). For me, it's our interventionist policies, not Obama's administration, that underlie my reactions to this fiasco. I'm no fan of Bush's neoconservative philosophy, either. Along the same lines, the Left are very disappointing when they refuse to blame their king for his mistakes.

Russia likely will "conquer" and control eastern Ukraine, at the most. I say "conquer" because the majority will welcome their intervention after the instigated coup that metaphorically burned their ballots. It's doubtful that Putin even wants to set foot in the rest of the country. All of that "new empire" malarkey is transparent CYA stuff for the uninformed audience.