Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija problems

Duck33

I conducted an online Ouija session via webcam for another group interested in the paranormal. I offered after several members claimed that using the Ouija was a dangerous and more than likely volatile activity that would and should result in paranormal activity, most likely unfocused and robust in its assertion of presence...well, I found that difficult to resist and organised the session to be held on camera. On the night I was urged to use any and all protection as opening conduits to the nether worlds was a dangerous activity and could invite through all manner of malevolent forces....I declined the offer of being exclusive regarding the paranormal clientele we were after and opted for am more PC 'Everyone and anything' of a paranormal persuasion was most welcome so long as they brought their A game to the board...flinging the paranormal portals wide open with an all you can eat soul buffet with no spiritual airbags or seat-belts buckled, we went for it..

7.30pm Session starts

Questions asked I am asked to leave the room to see if anything occurs

7.35pm I return, no response, nothing observed

7.40 More requests/questions I am asked to make contact with the table and remain there during the questioning

7.50 Feel an odd numbness in my arm, realise its because i've been sat with my finger and arm outstretched for 10 minutes and decide to discount demonic possession of the arm in favour of cramp.

I shan't recount the rest of the session as it continues in the same vein for a further 50 minutes. My question is, is my ouija board broken? Am I simply too scary for the combined hosts of hell to invade despite the open invitation? Or is there a simpler explanation why this sceptic was passed over by every single dark spirit/energy out there...or was it a Bank holiday?

• Like 6

I`d say what happened was, you did not s*** the life out of yourself, like many do with these things. they scare themselves before they even start, so any little knocking, mice, heel of shoe on floor, and worse of all a thunder storm, equates to being contacted by the dead for some of them.

You kept your cool, reckon thats where you went "wrong". :w00t:

• Like 3

Bank holiday, of course... didn't you get the memo?

Haven't heard of online Ouija sessions... when we did it, it required several people touching the thing to get it to work.

You do not believe enough.

• Like 3

Odd that such an experiment should be conducted 'online', surely the meat of the test would be to apply it in its traditional format, direct social contact?

@Sakari (I don't know how to do the arrow quote thingies)

I'm up to page 125 on the other thread. I couldn't help but like that. And ROFL :yes:

• Like 2

You do not believe enough.

OP also has to burn sage before and after, only preform the Ouija under the first new moon after the last three full moons after a harvest, while in a circle of salt, wearing white robes with vanilla candles burning and has to face east at all times. AT ALL TIMES!!!!! THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!

Only then will belief be enough.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

My question is, is my ouija board broken?

Did you plug it in first?

• Like 3

Truth be told, and I will release this for the first, and only time.

The Ouija board only works for a few nights, every 75 to 76 years.

It takes a special time for it to work. Certain things in our galaxy need to be " just right ".

The board must be outside, with the top right edge facing North, the bottom left edge facing South.

It must be a clear sky, at night, and in the right hemisphere. It will not work unless certain things line up. So, during this time, it will only work on certain places of the Earth.

Last time it worked was in 1986 ( I was able to watch the celestial event, but did not know the secret of the Ouija board ).

It will happen again in 2061. So, check for best places, and get your boards ready !!! I will not be around to witness this again, at least not in this body.

• Like 4

@Sakari (I don't know how to do the arrow quote thingies)

I'm up to page 125 on the other thread. I couldn't help but like that. And ROFL :yes:

:tsu:

The Ouija board is considered a tool, just like a crystal ball, or tarot cards. The conduit is the operator, so if the operator is a broken vessel then playing with the tool is a wasted effort. (Where have I heard that before ?) :innocent:

I thought Ouija was just a board game, so you would have just as much chance of contacting the spirits with a Monopoly board.

• Like 5

Sakari you forgot the most important part! Be careful what you wish for, or are inviting into your home! Otherwise you, and your family all the way down to your second cousins twice removed will be cursed forever!

• Like 3

This thread is humorous.

I know you are being facetious.

Yet, much as I mistrust the occult,

two aunts of mine used an Ouija board

to name my future husband

when I was six years old.

Later, I would initially misread his signature

on a sign-in sheet,

but, as it was love at first sight,

he soon confided,

"You're the one for me."

I believed him then and still do;

nonetheless,

the prediction always gave me the creeps.

I thought Ouija was just a board game, so you would have just as much chance of contacting the spirits with a Monopoly board.

i prefer the Clue board for conjuring.

Apparently the Butler likes to commit some pretty heinous atrocities in the pantry.

• Like 5

i prefer the Clue board for conjuring.

Apparently the Butler likes to commit some pretty heinous atrocities in the pantry.

You might have just unlocked the secret of the crime solving medium ;)

• Like 1

I conducted an online Ouija session via webcam for another group interested in the paranormal. I offered after several members claimed that using the Ouija was a dangerous and more than likely volatile activity that would and should result in paranormal activity, most likely unfocused and robust in its assertion of presence...well, I found that difficult to resist and organised the session to be held on camera. On the night I was urged to use any and all protection as opening conduits to the nether worlds was a dangerous activity and could invite through all manner of malevolent forces....I declined the offer of being exclusive regarding the paranormal clientele we were after and opted for am more PC 'Everyone and anything' of a paranormal persuasion was most welcome so long as they brought their A game to the board...flinging the paranormal portals wide open with an all you can eat soul buffet with no spiritual airbags or seat-belts buckled, we went for it..

7.30pm Session starts

Questions asked I am asked to leave the room to see if anything occurs

7.35pm I return, no response, nothing observed

7.40 More requests/questions I am asked to make contact with the table and remain there during the questioning

7.50 Feel an odd numbness in my arm, realise its because i've been sat with my finger and arm outstretched for 10 minutes and decide to discount demonic possession of the arm in favour of cramp.

I shan't recount the rest of the session as it continues in the same vein for a further 50 minutes. My question is, is my ouija board broken? Am I simply too scary for the combined hosts of hell to invade despite the open invitation? Or is there a simpler explanation why this sceptic was passed over by every single dark spirit/energy out there...or was it a Bank holiday?

Did you actually do this, or you made this up for your own personal entertainment?

I kind of want to try this now. A monopoly board has most letters and numbers on it, doesn't it?

• Like 1

I kind of want to try this now. A monopoly board has most letters and numbers on it, doesn't it?

Could be a great way of deciding where i London its best to move to.

Did you plug it in first?

Did you oil it and wind the dial?

If not, all your gonna' have is a cheap board that doesn't do anything.

Being a roadsside technician for one of the 3 major organisations, I can only look at this in one way and advise accordingly.

Check for battery strength, fuel and that the air filter isn't blocked, have an assistant spray easy start on the board while you try and get through, if your board is diesel, don't wait for the glow plug light to go out.

If there is still no sign of life(or death), then have friend pull the board round the block while letting the clutch out in 2nd gear. You cant do this with an automatic.

If you still have trouble, there is a possibility of major mechanical failure or ecu is damaged.

Make sure that your board is a quality item by checking its made of wood and not several layers of card.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 2

Did you actually do this, or you made this up for your own personal entertainment?

Well I suppose both to be accurate. In fact I've conducted several of these 'remote' sessions and on every occasion dispensed with all forms of "protection" in favour of being an equal opportunity conduit for entities of all flavours...sadly, the hosts of Hell and everything in between seem a touch reluctant to step over the threshold and face my scepticism...which leaves all those who claim the ouija to be the all powerful and terribly dangerous "in the wrong hands" tool they claim it to be...in a bit of a pickle. Either the power claimed is not in the board but in the minds of the believers or all the terrible and malevolent spirits and demons are scared of me and my mighty scepticism...my various portals remain wide open with the welcome mat out, the ouija board sits inert in in its impotence under my bed and I sleep just fine.

• Like 1

The malevolent shows up like a thief in the night; when you least expect it. It will not present itself, unless it is benevolent. This is because darkness, or the demonic, is too strong to manifest itself completely. If it did, it would destroy this entire Universe. Therefore, it has to use gateways, portals or use elementals to manifest. Once opened, it will affect the location from where it was drawn or the person itself for years. It is best not to toy with these things, without the use of a medium.

Well I've toyed with it for years to no effect, I guess the awesome power of scepticism is just too much for the forces of darkness. I always wanted super powers. I am a little concerned that my assumption that a lack of evidence is evidence of my super power rather than simply specious reasoning ;) Bit like assuming the Ouija is anything more than wood and ink.

I recently did Ouija with some friends (the whole thing is novel in Vietnam but there are those eager to believe everywhere). It was a children's toy board I had picked up on a visit to the States many years ago sitting on a shelf.

The thing is if one member of the party wants to he can control what the thing does, and in this session the board provided an obscenity as the answer to every question asked. The conclusion was that obviously the thing has a dirty mind.