Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Nigerian School Girls Kidnapped

Lilly

Since they want to live & think in the 7th century, then they give up the guns.

You'd think this is the kind of thing the U.S. would offer at least some surveillance/technical support if not troops to hunt them down. Maybe we have, but I haven't read anything other than a generic, "we hope for they're recovered soon" from the government.

You'd think this is the kind of thing the U.S. would offer at least some surveillance/technical support if not troops to hunt them down. Maybe we have, but I haven't read anything other than a generic, "we hope for they're recovered soon" from the government.

Well, now that you mention it:

http://time.com/89665/boko-haram-nigeria-girls/

• Like 3

http://time.com/8966...-nigeria-girls/

Thanks for posting, I missed this news. Govts, seem to do nothing. I can't imagine what these missing girls have been subject to. Makes you sick to think about and also to know this is nothing new in areas of Africa.

But it takes a large number taken at once and in the news to "make" govts offer help or act? What about the unspeakable terror thousands+++ have been living with every day before this?

Somehow that's okay or overlooked? It seems it's often about numbers of a singular event and/= news attention

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

What can the U.S do to assist the return of the missing school girls...we can aid the Nigerian law enforcement or military forces to hunt down the Nigerian arm of Al-Qaeda or some Islamist insurgents. It's terrible what's going on in Nigeria, over 200 girls went missing by kidnapping or trafficking them across borders to neighboring countries. Good thing the world is finally paying close attention and made it a cause to call for the safe release and return of all the missing girls in Nigeria.

• Like 1

God did not command him to sell stolen children, we know that is a lie, I am glad I was fortunate to not be born in such a backwards part of the world. It's just a BS claim made up to validate his crimes. His followers more than likely know this too, it's pillaging is all.

It's like the Muslim Fundies want to instigate an entire new dark age.

It is a shame the US can't just walk in with hundreds of soldiers, and just cleanse this filth from the earth. But then they would be targeted as killers by bleeding hearts, even though they are only putting down sick animals. The world would be much better of with these vile creatures removed from it.

• Like 4

http://time.com/8966...-nigeria-girls/

That's good.

As long as

...trying to identify where in fact these girls might be and provide them help...

means

...trying to identify where in fact these girls might be and put a bullet in the head/torso of any captors...

I think most of us and the families will be satisfied.

• Like 2

Why girls? This is sick. I suppose if the States gets involved there will be the usual chorus of "America can't be the world's policeman" and "What is America's interest in this?"

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 2

I don't care who finds these girls, whether it be the US or their own government. At the end of the day I just hope that they are ALL found safe and well.

These uneducated and dangerous maggots who took these girls should be exterminated from the face of the earth

I do not regard them as human.

• Like 3

It's important to keep in mind these are children (age 9 to 14). IMO the perpetrators have made a calculated move by doing this. I suspect they want to entice the USA into sending help to find these children. Naturally, this will then morph into another war against the west (specifically the USA).

• Like 1

It will be necessary to get a coalition of African countries involved. Once this is done the US and Western states would have the opportunity to intervene. Right now they have the ability but opportunities are limited. All I am saying is there is a moral outrage going on and all mankind needs to involve itself.

• Like 1

... All I am saying is there is a moral outrage going on and all mankind needs to involve itself.

I think humanity is at a crossroad. Do we want to allow a minority to dictate a social order based on ancient beliefs, or go forward into a future where people are educated and free to make their own choices in life.

• Like 5

It's important to keep in mind these are children (age 9 to 14). IMO the perpetrators have made a calculated move by doing this. I suspect they want to entice the USA into sending help to find these children. Naturally, this will then morph into another war against the west (specifically the USA).

Considering the circumstances, one would hope the rest of the world would be behind the USA this time.

• Like 2

Dealing with this kind of ruthless rural terrorism is very difficult for a civilized army; we saw it in Somalia, so I can see why there is a lot of caution. My guess is that there will be outrage after outrage and sooner or later it will tip the balance. I hope behind the scenes arrangements are already being made, but it not something they will make public. If not Obama should be strung up by his toenails.

There are no words that do justice to the complete lack of humanity on display by these thugs.

The fact that they would hide behind religion as an excuse to do something so vile to fellow human beings is beyond pathetic, no one is buying it and it does no favours to anyone who faithfully invokes Allah's name for genuine purposes so they are making enemies amongst what they would like to claim as their own too.

It's a shame we can only kill them once, because once for every captive would be more just and only fair. I do believe their days are numbered whether it is the west or a more localised effort this will be their last act of depravity - the outrage is building steam everywhere and I think there is not much that anyone with the remotest capacity to act will not do to end this lot of pond scums days on this earth.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 5

... If not Obama should be strung up by his toenails.

Last time I checked Mr. Obama was not the President of Nigeria. If the government of Nigeria refuses help from the USA there's not much President Obama can do about the choice of another soverign nation.

• Like 3

Well we have to be asked and I believe the Nigerian government finally got around to doing that yesterday.

There are no words that do justice to the complete lack of humanity on display by these thugs.

The fact that they would hide behind religion as an excuse to do something so vile to fellow human beings is beyond pathetic, no one is buying it and it does no favours to anyone who faithfully invokes Allah's name for genuine purposes so they are making enemies amongst what they would like to claim as their own too.

It's a shame we can only kill them once, because once for every captive would be more just and only fair. I do believe their days are numbered whether it is the west or a more localised effort this will be their last act of depravity - the outrage is building steam everywhere and I think there is not much that anyone with the remotest capacity to act will not do to end this lot of pond scums days on this earth.

As I said here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265225entry5140951 it appears that with Boko Haram, as with other similar organisations around the world, violence increases as religious devoutness decreases.

• Like 2

As I said here: http://www.unexplain...5 it appears that with Boko Haram, as with other similar organisations around the world, violence increases as religious devoutness decreases.

Just so, criminals using people's religious principles against them as the ultimate "con" to get what they want for themselves. It really does make me feel sick to know how low

people will stoop to "reason away" their actions. They are fooling themselves more than anyone else but that is no consolation to the victims.

• Like 1

Last time I checked Mr. Obama was not the President of Nigeria. If the government of Nigeria refuses help from the USA there's not much President Obama can do about the choice of another soverign nation.

Good job a few people didn't take that position over Adolf Hitler.

Uhh...the government of Nigeria aren't the ones doing the kidnapping so this isn't really a fair analogy.

In other words, if the kidnapping was being done by or was sanctioned by the Nigerian government only then it would be akin to what Hitler did.

Edited by Lilly
explanation

In case you're not up to speed on political terminology, if Obama were to do that, it's called an invasion and a war.

In case you're not up to speed on political terminology, if Obama were to do that, it's called an invasion and a war.

Exactly, but as I just pointed out the Nigerian government isn't who's doing this. In fact, the government is now offering a reward for aid leading to the safe return of the girls (See Still Waters posted link above).

• Like 1