Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mini tornado spotted in UK car park

Still Waters

Surprised onlookers gather to look at a swirling 20ft tall cloud of dust and gravel that appeared in a pub car park in Worcester.

http://www.telegraph...r-car-park.html

Haha that's so cool! I wish one of those little beastly kids ran into it and got covered in dust!

Strangely I have been hit twice by one of those things. First time was in Ibiza riding a Suzuki trail bike when I saw this mini tornado coming towards me. I tried to take some evasive action but it was limited as to what I could do as I was travelling along a narrow road at about 90 k.

The thing hit me slightly side on and sent me all over the road. My wife was on the pillion and she was terrified. Well we'd only been married a month. We went all over the road but no other vehicles were close and I managed to keep the bike under control.

Second time in the south west of France crossing a supermarket car park. Dropped all my shopping and had dust, leaves dog do do and everything else in my clothes hair etc. Threw me to the ground with a thud. Everyone else there of course though it was hilarious.

• Like 1

Where I come from, people call them Dust Devils. :devil:

• Like 4

They do here too - just poor reporting trying to make something out of nothing

• Like 1

I used to see these while 'hanging out' in our local rec'. They where not as dusty as this one though, their shape was defined by flying litter rather than dust. Just as exciting all the same though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Saw them all the time when I was younger, and living in Texas. Used to run into them, heh.

Yah, these aren't too uncommon around here really.

I remember a memorable day I drove through one on the highway. Approaching an overpass, the wind was blowing like mad from the right side of the car. Small branches and trash zipping by. We go under the overpass and emerge on the other side with the wind whipping from the left with just as much force.

Very interesting experience.

I was sat in a lay-by on a hilltop admiring the view,on my motor bike, when the wind suddenly whipped up and down came the very heavy rain straight down the road passing me, it was over in about 2 minutes and I never even got wet.spooky.

• Like 1

Yeah in Oz we call them that or willy willys. I would have been running through it.

Strangely I have been hit twice by one of those things. First time was in Ibiza riding a Suzuki trail bike when I saw this mini tornado coming towards me. I tried to take some evasive action but it was limited as to what I could do as I was travelling along a narrow road at about 90 k.

The thing hit me slightly side on and sent me all over the road. My wife was on the pillion and she was terrified. Well we'd only been married a month. We went all over the road but no other vehicles were close and I managed to keep the bike under control.

Second time in the south west of France crossing a supermarket car park. Dropped all my shopping and had dust, leaves dog do do and everything else in my clothes hair etc. Threw me to the ground with a thud. Everyone else there of course though it was hilarious.

I had a similar experience while on vacation on a spanish island. I was at the beach when the mini tornado,

approx 3 times the size of the one shown in the clip, came from the waterside towards the beach. We made

some jokes about that tornado (the ladies described it as "cute") that passed us in a distance of approx

100 meters. Reaching the beach, the mini tornado catched a rowboat that was placed there and lifted it up

to approx 20 meters and moved it away some 50 meters. So, don`t underestimate the "cute" ones, they can

be very powerfull and dangerous.

Edited by toast

Wasn't there a bunch of mosquitos that formed what looked like a tornado recently?