Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans Are Too Stupid

Sweetpumper

Finding extraterrestrial signals has been dreamed about for decades.

But a researcher from the University of Cádiz in Spain says we shouldn’t be looking - because we’re not ready to meet aliens.

Gabriel De la Torre revealed to MailOnline how his survey of students showed the general level of ignorance and influence of religion would leave us shocked if we made first contact.

http://www.dailymail...ims-expert.html

Edited by Sweetpumper

A survey of students (young, like to party, etc) is not a very representative sample of the human population! Talk about a skewed sample.

Edited by phantasia
  • Like 4

But a researcher from the University of Cádiz in Spain says we shouldn’t be looking - because we’re not ready to meet aliens.

Gabriel De la Torre revealed to MailOnline how his survey of students showed the general level of ignorance and influence of religion would leave us shocked if we made first contact.

Hi SP...I find it hard to disagree with Professor De La Torre's conclusion, but would also add that he has only skimmed the surface of just why we 'Earthlings' are a long way from being fit to mingle with 'our betters in the cosmos!'...A few more examples that I will toss in there is our species' propensity for Warmongering , Slavery , Torture Facilities , The In Camera Toleration of Suffering and Starvation of our Neighbours etc...and the all round bush league status of our mental sophistication with regards to the fellow residents ...[human and other species] of this planet!

Cheers Buddy.

Edited by 1963
  • Like 1

I wish Alien ships city by city for 5 minutes at a time drop rubber Chickens from the sky.Then take off, and do this for a month.Then come back the same time next year and write in the sky "Pwned!".

what numbers about this poll is he even freaking out about? I dont agree with alot of these but none of them stand out to me as a threat to alien visitation?

THE RESULTS AT A GLANCE

Of the 116 students...

72.8% believe that demons and angels exist.

33.7% don't think humans are the origin of global warming.

82.1% think it is important to have a space agency.

71.4% think the military should have the main role in the event of contact with an alien civilisation.

80% believe if we find aliens more advanced than us they will try to conquer us.

78% believe there is a chance we've been visited by aliens in the past.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3132OhNYy

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

The human population would easily cope with meeting an other alien culture. But to this guy in his ivory tower everyone is way to below him to be able to accept aliens I guess. :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2

I've always said that the main problem is indifference. Not sure if there would be major religious implications as the church seems now to be more and more accepting of the idea.

The human population would easily cope with meeting an other alien culture.

I don't know about that. Go read some of today's headlines, we can't even cope with each other.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. Go read some of today's headlines, we can't even cope with each other.

Watch the movie District 9. If you think humans and aliens could live together!

district-9-2.jpeg

• Like 1

We are as ready now as we are ever going to be. It seems that everyone does not count us as ready until we have some global Utopian world. Well that is probably never going to happen.

I do not really know what people are expecting to happen. Aliens visit, they would probably have some big conference where they talk in front of the U.N and then who knows.

Watch the movie District 9. If you think humans and aliens could live together!

district-9-2.jpeg

It is only a movie, making ton of assumptions on all sorts of variables that we will not know until we are "visited" if we ever are

• Like 2

It is only a movie, making ton of assumptions on all sorts of variables that we will not know until we are "visited" if we ever are

Would you fancy living alongside those scavenger prawns?

Edited by zoser

We are as ready now as we are ever going to be. It seems that everyone does not count us as ready until we have some global Utopian world. Well that is probably never going to happen.

I do not really know what people are expecting to happen. Aliens visit, they would probably have some big conference where they talk in front of the U.N and then who knows.

Or they'll just fry us all in one fell swoop.

• Like 1

Or they'll just fry us all in one fell swoop.

Or conduct massive hybrid fertilisation experiments on us like they do when they abduct people.

Or conduct massive hybrid fertilisation experiments on us like they do when they abduct people.

Alien-Hybrid-e1379378612249.jpg

• Like 1

Hi SP...I find it hard to disagree with Professor De La Torre's conclusion, but would also add that he has only skimmed the surface of just why we 'Earthlings' are a long way from being fit to mingle with 'our betters in the cosmos!'...A few more examples that I will toss in there is our species' propensity for Warmongering , Slavery , Torture Facilities , The In Camera Toleration of Suffering and Starvation of our Neighbours etc...and the all round bush league status of our mental sophistication with regards to the fellow residents ...[human and other species] of this planet!

Cheers Buddy.

What makes you think that an alien species would be any different?

• Like 1

That settles it!! I'm stocking up on cat food! :w00t:

Yes to Alien encounter.

No to Ark encounter.

The human population would easily cope with meeting an other alien culture. But to this guy in his ivory tower everyone is way to below him to be able to accept aliens I guess. :innocent:

We can't even deal with different human cultures!
  • Like 1

You mean like on "V"?

Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 1

Considering how humans around the globe reacted to the radio show of H.G. Wells "War Of the Worlds", de la Torre might have a point. :w00t:

That settles it!! I'm stocking up on cat food! :w00t:

No good. The Prawn people from District 9 eat that. They will steal it.

What makes you think that an alien species would be any different?

Hi Rafter...The answer to that, being as you probably already know that I am an ardent proponent of the ETH you might have already guessed....simply because they haven't already colonised , destroyed, pillaged and generally seized anything that they coveted by now!

alien_invasion1.jpg

Cheers buddy.

We can't even deal with different human cultures!

And yet we are still here and everyday billions of us peacefully coexist. More of us peacefully coexist then dont

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2