Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiding Avatars

E. L. Wisty

Maybe I'm just unobservant, but I can't seem to find the control panel that most forums have which allows you the option of not seeing avatars. Moving avatars (and signatures) that play a frantic little two-second movie over and over again in the corner of your eye are so incredibly annoying that some forums won't let you have them at all, but those that do allow them usually have the decency to make it optional for the rest of us to endure the wretched things. Is there a way to switch them off, or shall I just carry on scrolling past all such posts without bothering to read them?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E. L. Wisty

• SHaYap

• Saru

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ignore specific signatures by hovering over a signature and clicking the "X" at the top right of the signature block.

I don't believe there's an option to do this for profile pictures though.

If using FF or Pale Moon just right click on the image in question and then [ View Image Info ] tick the [block Images from - ]

Bear in mind that all images from the site in question will be blocked ~ you can always Unblock when time comes to the need ... just a workaround ~ not perfect ~

~

Thanks for trying to be helpful, third_eye, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm a bit vague about technical things, so no doubt I don't have FF or Pale Moon, whatever they are. Ah well, it doesn't really matter. As a rule of thumb (on any forum, not just this one), the more hyperactive the animated avatar is, the less likely it is that the poster has anything the least bit interesting to say, so by scrolling past these posts and completely ignoring threads dominated by them, I'm missing very little.

Thanks for trying to be helpful, third_eye, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I'm a bit vague about technical things, so no doubt I don't have FF or Pale Moon, whatever they are. Ah well, it doesn't really matter. As a rule of thumb (on any forum, not just this one), the more hyperactive the animated avatar is, the less likely it is that the poster has anything the least bit interesting to say, so by scrolling past these posts and completely ignoring threads dominated by them, I'm missing very little.

Web Browsers Fire Fox and Pale Moon ~ not sure which browser you are using ~ sorry to be not helping much ~ :tu: