Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is humanity really ready for alien contact ?

A new study suggests that the human race may not be prepared for communication with extraterrestrials.

Researchers at SETI (The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) recently announced plans to begin an active communications program which would involve sending messages in to space in the hope of making contact with another species. But what if someone were to actually respond - are the inhabitants of Earth in a position to begin correspondences with an alien civilization ?

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266168/is-humanity-really-ready-for-alien-contact

Bill Clinton is ready, well it wouldn't surprise him ;)

• Like 1

Bring it on.

• Like 2

I'd love it and I think we're ready.

But, aspects of our world would not be ready.

Politically, what if these aliens were far superior and thus saw us as cattle? War might break out.

Religiously they could, indeed they would shake the very fabric of most religions that out humans as the centerpiece, especially if -again- they were far superior to us and even more mind blowing if they have their own gods.

Still, it would make up for the banality of being 'alone' in the universe so far. I hope to live to see the day.

• Like 2

Most people are always afraid of the unknown. I know I'd be wary if an E.T.showed up and didn't look like somethuing I could trust. That leaves out most insects, lizards, snakes, sharks... you get the idea.

• Like 2

I'd love it and I think we're ready.

But, aspects of our world would not be ready.

Politically, what if these aliens were far superior and thus saw us as cattle? War might break out.

Religiously they could, indeed they would shake the very fabric of most religions that out humans as the centerpiece, especially if -again- they were far superior to us and even more mind blowing if they have their own gods.

Still, it would make up for the banality of being 'alone' in the universe so far. I hope to live to see the day.

Any race that can visit us would be superior as we can't visit them. It's still interesting with all the probes we've sent out that one hasn't shown up from somewhere else to chceck us out. Then again may they have and didn't like what tey saw. Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 1

Most people are always afraid of the unknown. I know I'd be wary if an E.T.showed up and didn't look like somethuing I could trust. That leaves out most insects, lizards, snakes, sharks... you get the idea.

I have Bridges to sell you, and you can trust me because I am Human.

Don't forget the book, "How to Serve Man"! :)

• Like 4

We more than likely don't have the proper level of offensive / defensive technology in place to counter the effects of opening pandora's box. So...it might be a good idea keep quiet until we do, especially considering that whatever species answers our message...is possibly more advanced than we are.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

We more than likely don't have the proper level of offensive / defensive technology in place to counter the effects of opening pandora's box. So...it might be a good idea keep quiet until we do.

Sending out a probe with man's signature, and calling cards over it out of the solar system perhaps wasn't the smartest of moves either??

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

Sending out a probe with man's signature, and calling cards over it out of the solar system perhaps wasn't the smartest of moves either??

Agree there. Probably not the best of ideas. You know what they say about "good intentions".

• Like 2

Zoser, that Star Trek movie was fiction. That means it didn't really happen.

Back in reality, it will be thousands of years before Voyager gets close to a star.

I have Bridges to sell you, and you can trust me because I am Human.

Says you!

Agree there. Probably not the best of ideas. You know what they say about "good intentions".

They come back as V'ger!

Zoser, that Star Trek movie was fiction. That means it didn't really happen.

Back in reality, it will be thousands of years before Voyager gets close to a star.

http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

I think the human race is about as prepared for communication with extraterrestrials as crustaceans are of getting behind the wheel of car.

• Like 1

Maybe there is evidence that they already do?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw7iN-BpYgc[/media]

I think there already is evidence that they have at least shown themselves to us, shown their machines to us.

I doubt we will ever see something like "Mars Attacks", but who knows?

• Like 1

I think there already is evidence that they have at least shown themselves to us, shown their machines to us.

I doubt we will ever see something like "Mars Attacks", but who knows?

I doubt it too. We would have experienced it by now. Unless of course subtle things are already happening ? Remember the movie 'They Live'?

I doubt it too. We would have experienced it by now. Unless of course subtle things are already happening ? Remember the movie 'They Live'?

I remember that movie.

It was awful.

Mars attacks was a great B movie ! Its why we are whom we are! Movies make the Man ,And Man made the Movies. Therefore We are all ready For E.T to come Serv - Man !

Bon-Apetite !

Butt Harvesting the B.S. from a guy that just want to sell his story isnt Kool !

Edited by DONTEATUS