Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4-year-old's NDE is turned in to hit movie

UM-Bot

Nothing to prove this is false either. i find NDE's very strange and enjoy reading about them. some of the stories are truly amazing. either way we will know for sure one day

Welcome to UM Cionaodh! Is that the Irish? How do you pronounce it?

Have you heard of any reports of a Buddhist having an experience with Buddha or a Hindu with Kali or their other Gods? Just curious.

Well Buddhist inherently do not believe in gods. They believe anyone has the ability to become a buddha as it is just a state of mind of being one with the universe. I am completely unaware of Hindu accounts of gods in person. But from studies it appears as if most mystical experiences happen during sleep, near death, fever, fasting/starvation, or drug induced. This is a huge clue into our subconscious connection with reality. And it can even be replicated in the lab with electro magnetism. You can make people see ghost with some electrodes on your skull.

Well Buddhist inherently do not believe in gods. They believe anyone has the ability to become a buddha as it is just a state of mind of being one with the universe. I am completely unaware of Hindu accounts of gods in person. But from studies it appears as if most mystical experiences happen during sleep, near death, fever, fasting/starvation, or drug induced. This is a huge clue into our subconscious connection with reality. And it can even be replicated in the lab with electro magnetism. You can make people see ghost with some electrodes on your skull.

]Whether it's brain wave activity or something supernatural, if a person's life is changed in a positive way after NDE, that's all that counts. IMO

• Like 1

But we do know for certain, or we can know with certainty, without a NDE happening to us. For those who are Christians, we are certain because the Bible tells us so (i.e., Heaven and Hell are real). For those who are not Christian you can know with certainty that Heaven and Hell are real by becoming a born again Christian, accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior! Just for the record, I am a Christian, I believe in Heaven and Hell, but I do not believe this child's story.

I cannot accept a gnostic concept that was later euhemerized.

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/euhemerization

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

]Whether it's brain wave activity or something supernatural, if a person's life is changed in a positive way after NDE, that's all that counts. IMO

I completely agree. I almost died of brain cancer and now I feel so much more at peace with the world know ing that death can come at any moment and that's ok :)
  • Like 1

I saw this movie. II was very much like a lifetime movie as opposed to a Hollywood movie but I liked it. :)

• Like 1

Would a 1st century Palestinian have Blue Eyes?The kid said Jesus has Blue Eyes, and a smile that lights up Heaven.

Would a 1st century Palestinian have Blue Eyes?The kid said Jesus has Blue Eyes, and a smile that lights up Heaven.

he most likely saw the western portraits of jesus at his home and church and that is what his brain assosiated with. Its likely a god of such power wouldn't even be male or female.

I read the book some years back and if I recall correctly, Colton's father was on the internet searching through images

of Jesus and wanted Colton to describe Jesus to him, Colton saw an image that was close to his recollection of Jesus.

The image was a painting by a young girl named Akiane Kramarik. http://www.akiane.com/store

Colton said her painting was like that of Jesus.

post-103357-0-43911700-1399592776_thumb.

Edited by Hawkin

Most of the NDEs I've read of reflect what the image of the "being of light" was thought to be - that is, highly personalized.

he most likely saw the western portraits of jesus at his home and church and that is what his brain assosiated with. Its likely a god of such power wouldn't even be male or female.

You mean he saw the familiar European Jesus that his mind borrowed for it to create Jesus.

Also an Alien from another dimension would be asexual as for us to have an understanding based on our limited knowledge on Aliens.

You mean he saw the familiar European Jesus that his mind borrowed for it to create Jesus.

Also an Alien from another dimension would be asexual as for us to have an understanding based on our limited knowledge on Aliens.

exactly. I really hope there is a dimension where a very friendly being greeted you with all your loved ones. I really do. That would be amazingly awesome! So that's what I wish for. I hope its not wishful thinking...... Edited by BlackBearWolf
  • Like 2

Slightly off topic, but a reviewer had suggested reading the kids Twitter, and doing so in the voice of John Malkovich. I must say, it doesn't sound remotely heart warm8ing that way.

• Like 2

exactly. I really hope there is a dimension where a very friendly being greeted you with all your loved ones. I really do. That would be amazingly awesome! So that's what I wish for. I hope its not wishful thinking......

I've always often wondered that with all the different religions of the world, It is the same entity that is worshiped.

It's just the cultures do it differently and add their own spin to it. One God, many names.

This case is weird to me because out of all the NDEs I have read they normally talk to "beans of light" or some entity they the vast majority of the time do not identify as a god from any religion.

If anyone wants to read them, look at current stories from the NDE research foundation, they collect stories people send in all the time. They all really do follow a common theme. And atheist, every religion culture and age have these NDEs

When I see ones that specifically have Jesus in them it normally hurts my faith in them being real, because I have a more agnostic view of an afterlife. But then again people say the entities could just appear in whatever form you are most comfortable with.

http://www.nderf.org/

• Like 1

A four year old could say anything iam calling it bull.

• Like 1

This is probalby one of the best reviews of the book that I've read. Many who have not read the book nor seen the movie aren't aware that most of Colton's revelations come YEARS after his experience when he was THREE. As the author points out, kids have a strong tendency to tell others, especially there parents, exactly what they want to hear because they are receiving positive affirmation. Anyone with young children can attest to this.

I have my own prediction about this kid. Over the next few years he will either freely admit that he embellished the hell out of his story or he'll be working the church circuit, telling his story, and getting paid.

As for NDEs themselves, there's really nothing that mysterious about them. Anyone experiencing oxygen deprevation will "come back" telling similar stories - most notably pilots and astronauts during high G testing.

Here's the review:

http://respectfulatheist.blogspot.com/2012/01/is-heaven-for-real.html

• Like 2

The NDE has been physiologically described, but fails to address the why. Why not a simple hypoxic shutdown of the brain? Instead, we hear of these rather profound experiences. Does the death experience pivot upon are dreams and beliefs? If so, then we may have some choice as to how we experience our last moments.

So a 4 year old saw all this? neato, let's make it so they can be charged for any crime they commit since they totally aware of what they do and say! ahaha b.s. he's been brainwashed to see the images he recalls nothing more nothing less in my opinion

Wouldn't God revealing himself to him go against what Christianity is about? The idea of you not having evidence, you have to have faith instead, despite the lack of evidence?

It's an irrational excuse; "God doesnt reveal himself because that interfears with free will", then why did lucifer reject god? There's no reason why a god can't reveal itself in a non subjective superstitius psycholgically explaibable way.

I find it curious that his father is a preacher. Its probable that he was told stories of heaven and Jesus since birth thus engrained in his subconscious. It would be more compelling if a isolated tribe of people had these same nde without prior knowledge of Christianity.

I've always often wondered that with all the different religions of the world, It is the same entity that is worshiped.

It's just the cultures do it differently and add their own spin to it. One God, many names.

Seems to be the case with many NDES, people experiences something similar to what they previously believed in. Either it's all in their mind, of there is an afterlife but it's more of a projection of what we already believe will happen, maybe as protective mechanism so it isnt so shocking because of what it actually might be. Contradicting NDE stories kind of negates that there is 1 true religion and afterlife. Would be very interresting if an isolated tribe had the same stories.

anything is possible as long as he/she believes it....

But belief doesnt equate to truth does it? No amount amount of beleif in santa claus by millions of children worldwide makes santa claus any more real.

I knew a lady who had a NDE. She told me that she had gone in for surgery and had died on the operating table. She seen the doctors working on her to bring her back. When she was woken up, she told them what they had said and did and was also able to say what happened in the room next to her. All of what she had said was true.

Wouldn't God revealing himself to him go against what Christianity is about? The idea of you not having evidence, you have to have faith instead, despite the lack of evidence?

Not necessarily. God revealed Himself to people when Jesus came, doing miracles for everyone to see. Faith is something beyond what can be physically sensed. Otherwise, the Jews would have believed when they saw the miracles.

Edited by Bluefinger
  • Like 1

Ieeeee

DMT released during death is a myth with no scientific backing.

No... NDEs are not physiologically described. The fact that they have not been is what makes them interesting to real scientists. The only thing that exist is creative conjecture that does not hold up to scrutiny.

Perception is a funny thing. How are we supposed to recognize something we are preceiving in which is non physical and totally outside of our normal perception.

Is "the light " really a light? Is the tunnel a tunnel? Is the entity really Jesus or does on just call a god like presence Jesus because one believes in a god named Jesus. Can you perceive that I which you have no framework fur perception of?

No and yes. No you cannot in the sense that you cannot perceive the non physical without drawing upon the imagery that you are aware of, but sometimes you can but all you have is a memory that cannot be expressed in human senses and language. How do you describe something that you know happened without visual, tactile, auditory, or olfactory references. You can't. For an experience to have any meaning the mind must assign these things to an exsperience. When It dosn't all you have are the words, "I can't explaine it".

Any experiences of a spirit world must be contextual unless it is a physical place. A Christian kid will see Jesus, others just try to describe the "presence". I see an ocean and feel the presence. Their inconsistency does not invalid any potential truth, indeed its exactly what one would expect should a spiritual reality be real.

• Like 1