Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Oak Island Money Pit

UM-Bot

Ritoban Mukherjee: Seven must die before the secret is revealed - so says the legend of the enigmatic Money Pit of Oak Island, Nova Scotia. Throughout the centuries many well-respected archaeologists and excavators have attempted to illuminate its mysteries only to find themselves defeated by their own greed. What is this curse that attaches itself to this yet-to-be-solved mystery and what other secrets does the Money Pit hold ?

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Wow, one of the least believable stories I have read in ages! SMH.

History channel has a show about the 2 brother(s) that bought the island and are actively searching for the secrets. It's called the "the curse of Oak Island".

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 1

stuff they dont want you to know: money pit

• Like 2

History channel has a show about the 2 brother(s) that bought the island and are actively searching for the secrets. It's called the "the curse of Oak Island".

The channel that caters to the looney fringe with monumental BS such as Ancient Aliens,guess I'll give that a miss.....

• Like 4

More money's been spent trying to dig it up than probably what's down there.

• Like 1

Why cant a digging company just go down their and pay off the owner, give him a percent if they find anything and just dig the damn hole up lol.. The technology we have for digging would get to the bottom of that pit ASAP... also, if we cant get to it, what makes anyone think that way back when, the people who supposedly put treasure at the bottom had the technology or "ways" to keep the treasure hidden? I think its interesting about the message, but ive always thought, why would you have a message saying 40ft below there is a money, if someone is trying to hide it?

Oh not again.

• Like 2

Read extensively about the early excavations when I was a child and it fascinated me then, as indeed it still does.

Can someone please explain to me what William Shakespeare has done to deserve such insults??

My house is a money pit. Does that count?

I feel your pain. Mine is also.

• 2 weeks later...

Pirate's burying treasure is an author's invention and probably rarely--if ever--occurred. Thought about objectively, it simply makes no sense. The reputed elaborate design of that fabled money pit, attributed to pirates, no less, stretches the bounds of credulity. A legend, and nothing more.

What if whoever built the pit came back and took whatever was stashed and rebuilt the traps and whatnot just to throw people off?

What if whoever built the pit came back and took whatever was stashed and rebuilt the traps and whatnot just to throw people off?

Not outside the realm of belief, but then one has to consider why anyone would do that?