Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Tells Public Schools To Enroll Illegals

aztek

The Obama administration pointedly told American public schools on Thursday that they must enroll the children of illegal immigrants despite little to nothing in the way of legitimate documentation concerning how old the kids are or where they live.

The lecture came from Attorney General Eric Holder and Education Secretary Arne Duncan, according to a Department of Justice press release obtained by The Daily Caller.

In their joint statement, Holder and Duncan announced updated federal guidance informing officials at taxpayer-funded K-12 schools about new, federally permissible enrollment practices. The updated guidance stresses the need for flexibility in choosing which documents illegal immigrant parents can submit to show a child’s age or whether the child actually even lives within a school’s attendance boundary.

“Sheer incapability or lax enforcement of the laws barring entry into this country, coupled with the failure to establish an effective bar to the employment of undocumented aliens, has resulted in the creation of a substantial ‘shadow population’ of illegal migrants – numbering in the millions – within our borders,” Brennan, a leader of the Court’s liberal wing, wrote.

“Public school districts have an obligation to enroll students regardless of immigration status and without discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin,” Holder proclaimed. “The Justice Department will do everything it can to make sure schools meet this obligation. We will vigilantly enforce the law to ensure the schoolhouse door remains open to all.”

more herehttp://news.yahoo.com/white-house-tells-public-schools-enroll-illegals-despite-151832224.html

What about shot records? All the public schools I know demand shot records, and you can't get shots without a birthday or address.

Without asking the age, we'll end up with 2 and 3 year olds in pubic kindergartens, because the parents need free babysitting.

Enrolling kids without addresses, shots and birthday = Stupid.

• Like 6

i could not agree more,

the fuinniest part is : Three decades ago, the Supreme Court issued a historic ruling – in the case of Plyler v. Doe – that legislation denying children an education based on immigration status ‘does not comport with fundamental conceptions of justice,’” said Holder in remarks delivered on Thursday.

holder talking about justice??? lol, someone need to remind him about FF.

now otoh, the whole thing may be just to shut up those that are screaming about giving illegals status, we all know politicians lie, so anything they say is worth 0 unless backed up by laws on the books, so holder or anyone can say anything they want, but unless there is a law, (and it has to be voted by dems and reps), their speech is empty sound. we have seen plenty examples of that.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

[Facepalms]

Tough draw on this one for me. On one hand...shot records and all that jazz

on the other, its not the kid's fault and immigration laws are weird. So, why shouldn't they be able to get an education?

I dunno.

• Like 5

on the other, its not the kid's fault and immigration laws are weird. So, why shouldn't they be able to get an education?

I dunno.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2

Well, if they're there to stay, not educating the next generation won't do anything but hamper the country even more. But not requiring a lick of documentation, especially for the requirements of basic appropriate schooling applications and the like... Bad idea.

• Like 2

This is a rare circumstance, but occurred to me after reading that. If birth/identification records aren't needing to enroll children in school, then what's to stop/track children who were kidnapped at a young age from being identified once they reach school age?

• Like 2

I don't know that there's much to do about that now. You can fake pretty much anything nowadays, and if they're stolen as say...an infant, then the years before enrolling gives the people enough time to fake documentation.

Being realistic though, I doubt people who kidnap kids either A keep the kids around that long or B enroll them in school in a particularly regular basis

• Like 1

, its not the kid's fault and immigration laws are weird. So, why shouldn't they be able to get an education?

our immigration laws are not weird at all, there is a pretty clear list of things you need to do to become legal alien, jumping the border, in any age is not one of those things

they crossed border illegally, so they committed crime, kid or adult, does not matter.

• Like 2

At least they'll learn English....?

our immigration laws are not weird at all, there is a pretty clear list of things you need to do to become legal alien, jumping the border, in any age is not one of those things

they crossed border illegally, so they committed crime, kid or adult, does not matter.

They're pretty weird. takes years to be possible, takes money, blah blah blah, not all that important as its semantics.

Seems like youre making a disadvantaged kid even moreso with that. Their parents brought them here so theyre already disadvantaged, why make them more disadvantaged? If they are willing to work hard and follow societal rules it seems like they should get as fair a chance as anyone.

• Like 2

Probably a more useful program would be to provide these illegal alien children with the needed vaccines for school, and then provide them the ability to establish the child's birthday without penalties. Then the parents could put the children in school themselves.

Edited by DieChecker

Despite there circumstance, every child deserves an education.

• Like 2

Despite there circumstance, every child deserves an education.

But do you have a right to force your neighbor to pay for and educate your children especially when it will hamper their own children's education process?

• Like 1

The problem is according to our bill of rights, cruel and unusual punishment is wrong. I can't think of anything more cruel than punishing a child for a parents crime. Legally being an illegal immigrant is a crime right up there with jaywalking or a parking ticket.

But do you have a right to force your neighbor to pay for and educate your children especially when it will hamper their own children's education process?

Evidentially you do with the whole property tax paying for education thing. I always hated paying for that when I was single.

I dunno.

No, it's not the kid's fault that the parents are lawless and immoral...circumventing an established system for lawful entry.

"But-but-but, they just want a better life"...

So?...I have no problem with immigration "if" the people do it the right way. We actually "need" immigrants at this point because too many natives and legals think they are too good to sweat and get a little dirty to earn a living...

Illegal immigration for a better life....hhhmmmph...That is no different than a drug dealer or a prostitute...they just want a better life so they break the law to make money. How are illegal immigrants any different than that? because they are fleeing a bad place? Because they seek to escape poverty? So is the guy growing weed in his basement...just trying to make some money and escape poverty...

No...I am not biting on this any longer. You want o be here...have a slice of the USA dream...you do it the right way or else...we pack you and your anchor babies up and ship you back home with zero chance for re-entry.

That may sound harsh (and I really don't care), but I have had enough of the "illegals" getting better treatment than the legal immigrants and the native born citizens...

About all we can do at this point is break the system...everyone figure out a way to suck on the GOV's teet until the teet dries up...I'm at my wits end on figuring out how to overcome this "gimme-gimme-gimme" mentality....

Edit to add:

I am out of sympathy for this...you want sympathy? It comes after sh!t and sweat in the dictionary. Yes...punish the parents by denying the child....eeewww...that is harsh...tough. You want a slice of the pie? You want your kids to get an education and healthcare? Then do it legally...or else...and the lawbreakers have no one to blame for their children being hurt but themselves. If we do not do something to punish this and make it less than palatable to the illegals...they will never stop breaking the law and entering the "wrong' way...

Sorry...that makes my second rant of the day

Edited by Jeremiah65

The problem with that is we all know that they aren't going to be shipped back and we will be stuck with a population that doesn't even have an elementary level schooling.

• Like 1

The problem with that is we all know that they aren't going to be shipped back and we will be stuck with a population that doesn't even have an elementary level schooling.

which I'm sure some people would be perfectly hsppy with!

And never improve, a virtual perpetual welfare class;

https://vdare.com/articles/national-data-by-edwin-s-rubenstein-20

National Data | Children, Grandchildren Of Mexican Immigrants Fail To Close The Education Gap

So Mexicans are too stupid to learn and we shouldn't bother? Do you ever wonder why people tend to view conservatives as "racist"?

• Like 1

I dunno.

From what I understand from some teacher friends since none of them speak English, they are therefore considered "at risk", the illegal kids take up a large percentage if not the majority of the "at risk" funding leaving at risk American kids without and this is happening all over the nation.

So where do we draw the line?

If we are not even going to draw the line at our own kids welfare we might as well erase our borders, dissolve our sovereignty and just let the world plunder at will.

• Like 1

So Mexicans are too stupid to learn and we shouldn't bother? Do you ever wonder why people tend to view conservatives as "racist"?

Because liberals keep saying it over and over and if you say anything enough, no matter how asinine it is, people start to believe it.

• Like 1

The problem is according to our bill of rights, cruel and unusual punishment is wrong. I can't think of anything more cruel than punishing a child for a parents crime. Legally being an illegal immigrant is a crime right up there with jaywalking or a parking ticket.

That attitude is tantamount to saying we don't need borders. I am not against anyone who is willing to be a productive TAX PAYING member of society coming here to work and better themselves. But if we have no borders at all then that is the end of this country - I don't understand how people do not see this.
  • Like 2