Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we ready to meet extra-terrestrials?

Uncle Sam

Here is a question for all you UMs out there.

If you received an message from an extra-terrestrial species meet them face to face in secret, would you do it? Even if you don't know anything about their motives and intent?

Of all the questions asked, never once has the subject of the species wanting to meet an human face to face and how we as an individual would respond. We have subjects about humanity as a whole meeting extra-terrestrials and how it would be good or bad for us based on culture, politics, and religion. But we never brought up the subject of how it would be good or bad for an individual, how we would act on bases that we would be the only ones in the whole world that would have contact. I personally feel we as a species have a lot of growing up to do when it comes to being able to get along with people much different from us rather it is skin color, religion, or ideology. I am constantly remind that I see evidence we are not ready in our day to day lives, regardless how much I would love to have an one on one interaction with another intelligent species, even one that has far surpassed our knowledge and understanding of the universe.

Your answers will influence final my opinion because I am taking all your words on face value here, are we ready or not ready as individuals? My final opinion will be posted on the first page of this thread.

Final Opinion: Undecided

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 4

yes

Only if they promised to leave the anal probe back at home

Edited by dr no
  • Like 3

I personally would simply because of a huge amount of curiosity. :innocent:

As a race I think we are ready too.We give ourselves alot of flak for wars and stuff but if you look around on a day to day basis billions of humans peacefully coexist daily. And as a race we are progressing with our understanding and acceptance of others. People also like to say that alien would be a threat to religion but strangely the only people i ever hear claim that are the non religious.

We are ready psychologically, for the most part, but if they are hostile or exploitive and way advanced over us we are sitting ducks.

If I had the opportunity to meet one, I would feel rather excited and very nervous at the same time.

I would no doubt stand there wondering if I should offer him/her a cup of tea or coffee. (I would imagine that they would have a gender of some sort) hmm! the mind boggles.

I imagine that I would possibly be taken aback by their appearance as well.......might take some getting use to at first.

Our verbal communication would be rather interesting as well....it's possible that some kind of telepathy may take place.

After feeling less anxious after the initial meeting, I would want to know everything about them. What their world is like, what their technology is like, etc, etc, etc.

Wow, yep...it would be a really cool experience......just simply out of this world. :-*

Gosh!....just hope they'd be the friendly variety :passifier:

I would feel fine if it was wearing saffron robes, otherwise I'd be terrified.

I would feel fine if it was wearing saffron robes, otherwise I'd be terrified.

Why saffron robes Frank?

Wont happen, but it would be an extraordinary experience. Particularly if they had not watched Aliens on their way here.

Personally, yes. If they have the technology to get here from another star, they can do anything they want to any human, including abducting me against my will and not necessarily giving me back, so the fact that they bothered to ask if I felt like a chat proves they're probably quite civilized. Also, they understand English, which is helpful - however physically alien they may be, if they can comprehend our linguistic rules, their brains must work sufficiently like mine to enable us to communicate effectively. And they seem to understand that it is, at the very least, rude to infringe my personal freedom, so they presumably have morals, and their own equivalent of "human rights". Yeah, I'd talk to them! Though I don't expect to any time soon.

• Like 2

Yes, and I would give them advice if they were seeking broader contact.

No. Saddens me how we treat each others and other species, intelligent or not. I can imagine a peaceful extraterrestial ship landing somewhere and having the first interaction happen with a police officer and go something like this:

Cop: Sir, please remove your vehicle from the road. You're obstructing the traffic. If you are filming a movie, may I see your permission?

ET: soigjvearoijgo9g4jgosidjg (we come in peace etc)

Cop: Sir, this is the last warning. Put your hands up and stay where you are! You are under arrest! (points gun at ET)

ET: asgjoiarejgoiearoig (please accept our offer of peace) (pulls out a gift object, offering of peace)

Cop: OH MY GOD HES GOT A GUN! (shoots ET)

• Like 2

How do you know that you haven't already met one ?.

If a stranger speaks to you ,do you reply or ignore.

• Like 1

isnt this thread very similar to this one

Is humanity really ready for alien contact ?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=266168

Anyways...id like to meet the aliens first and in private, give them the low down on the various govts so they dont get conned from the start :lol:

But seriously, if they were kind and peaceful and no ulterior motives, it'd be absolutely fascinating wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Here is a question for all you UMs out there.

If you received an message from an extra-terrestrial species meet them face to face in secret, would you do it? Even if you don't know anything about their motives and intent?

Of all the questions asked, never once has the subject of the species wanting to meet an human face to face and how we as an individual would respond. We have subjects about humanity as a whole meeting extra-terrestrials and how it would be good or bad for us based on culture, politics, and religion. But we never brought up the subject of how it would be good or bad for an individual, how we would act on bases that we would be the only ones in the whole world that would have contact. I personally feel we as a species have a lot of growing up to do when it comes to being able to get along with people much different from us rather it is skin color, religion, or ideology. I am constantly remind that I see evidence we are not ready in our day to day lives, regardless how much I would love to have an one on one interaction with another intelligent species, even one that has far surpassed our knowledge and understanding of the universe.

Your answers will influence final my opinion because I am taking all your words on face value here, are we ready or not ready as individuals? My final opinion will be posted on the first page of this thread.

Final Opinion: Undecided

Probably...

In all honesty - I have absolutely no idea, I guess it would depend on how the proposal was put to me, I like to know what i'm walking into in every day life, so i'd just have go with my gut feeling at that moment of being asked I guess..

Absolutely!! I would be thrilled , and honestly completely tongue-tied I'm sure :P Wow it would be unreal :)

Why saffron robes Frank?

Trying in my own limited way to be funny. Saffron is the official color of the robes worn by full monks here in Vietnam and much of the Buddhist world. Monks are just not frightening no matter what they look like otherwise.
  • Like 3

If they look anything like 'Skinny Bob'......I'm ready

ET2.jpg

ET.jpg

look at it's sweet little face... :wub:

:D

(source...these are screen shots taken from one of the Skinny Bob videos that can be found on YT and elsewhere)

• Like 2

Trying in my own limited way to be funny. Saffron is the official color of the robes worn by full monks here in Vietnam and much of the Buddhist world. Monks are just not frightening no matter what they look like otherwise.

Yeah! I know you were being funny Frank :)

I have much respect for monks :-*

• Like 1

I think Skinny Bob would look lovely in a saffron robe....

:yes:

I agree....and lets not forget the big red owl comfy slippers......I must say he is rather fetching Bee :tu:
  • Like 1

I agree....and lets not forget the big red owl comfy slippers......I must say he is rather fetching Bee :tu:

:D

Isn't he just....

(not sure if it's a 'he' though...in spite of the name...could be androgynous )... :unsure2:

• Like 1

I'm going to say No. I would not secretly meet an alien with only just me to prevent anything from happening. It seems to me that dozens, or hundreds, of kids disappear each day, and the ones they find say someone asked them to come over and talk to them for a little while. Kidnapping seems to me a very real possibility.

I'd also question, "Why me?". I'm not anyone special. If they wanted someone not special, then let them go find someone else to kidnap. If they have something to say to humanity, let them go talk to Oprah, or Rush Limbaugh, Angelina Jolie, or Michelle Obama for all I care.

Would I like to meet an alien in a controlled/safe environment (for both of us), or maybe like 10 years after contact? YES! Very much so. It would be very interesting to communicate with them.