Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New self-healing plastics developed

UM-Bot

Researchers have come up with a new type of material with a healing mechanic based on blood vessels.

While self-healing plastics exist already, this latest material developed by a team at the University of Illinois is capable of self-repairing far more significant amounts of damage than anything that has come before it.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...stics-developed

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Imaginarynumber1

• IBelieveWhatIWant

• UM-Bot

• Mikenator

I wanna see self healing metal like those robots in animes that get an arm blown off and regrow immediately

I don't know why but I really don't like this idea. My mind goes straight to what bad stuff this could be used for and honestly it outweighs the potential good stuff by a mile.

I wanna see self healing metal like those robots in animes that get an arm blown off and regrow immediately

That would be more of the lizard factor like when one grows a new tail. Repairing a crack may already be possible by using polyers that have metal strength when cured.

I don't know why but I really don't like this idea. My mind goes straight to what bad stuff this could be used for and honestly it outweighs the potential good stuff by a mile.

Damn those evil plastics and their evil plastic machinations.

Damn those evil plastics and their evil plastic machinations.

Very funny, what I meant was that it won't be long before this goes to metals with faster and faster regenerative properties and with AI seemingly gets more and more advanced....long story short think Terminator 2's T-1000

Very funny, what I meant was that it won't be long before this goes to metals with faster and faster regenerative properties and with AI seemingly gets more and more advanced....long story short think Terminator 2's T-1000

I'm sure that's a real threat...

Just hope the Doctor Who plastic people don't get a hold of this tech.