Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV crew films two UFOs over New Zealand

thats exactly why , i rarely say something lately in here, its always the same with those self proclaimed EXPERTS.

Mainly because you lack the intellectual honesty and critical thinking required to sit and have a discussion as to what these things could be. And, I'm guessing you are using the term EXPERTS as some sort of derogatory phrase, which only proves my first point.

I can perhaps give a nod to the Rod theory on this one, but as for anything else, the footage is very short and somewhat nondescript to really assign to UFO's. They could easily be UFO's but this footage is too poor to really prove anything.

Not actual "rods" of course, because they aren't real.

• Like 1

At first glance it was very interesting, but after backing up and looking several times it's clear that they are bugs just a few feet away from the camera. They have the illusion that they're coming from the tree line when in fact they just become visible to the camera once they cross into a background they stand out against. They are out of focus because the camera is focused on objects in the distance and they are relatively close.

It was worth a second look though. It got my attention :)

Edited by Calibeliever

I am guessing it is because you cannot argue with said "experts" as you don't have the argumentation to do so - all you have, it seems, is the ability to lean back and complain that you can't argue. Or in other words, the "experts" seem to hold the high ground. Why not get into the game and do some research so you can actually engage in a debate?

Cheers,

Badeskov

yes you are right , i m just way to lazy to do some research on most topics . but one day i will, if its really really worth it!

Mainly because you lack the intellectual honesty and critical thinking required to sit and have a discussion as to what these things could be. And, I'm guessing you are using the term EXPERTS as some sort of derogatory phrase, which only proves my first point.

there you go again. there are over 7 billion people on this planet, everyone with their own experience and opinions. what is there to discus about? a bug ? a bird ? Ufo ? yes if we would do some REAL research we would properly find an answer , but i really doubt that anyone on this topic had done some real research about this video. instead they claim to know what it is 'bugs'! as for me , i don't give much though about it.

but i really dislike it when people dare to claim to know what it is ! when they don't have a clue. ignorance.

and thats why i put them into the category ''self proclaiming Experts''

there you go again. there are over 7 billion people on this planet, everyone with their own experience and opinions. what is there to discus about? a bug ? a bird ? Ufo ? yes if we would do some REAL research we would properly find an answer , but i really doubt that anyone on this topic had done some real research about this video. instead they claim to know what it is 'bugs'! as for me , i don't give much though about it.

but i really dislike it when people dare to claim to know what it is ! when they don't have a clue. ignorance.

You seem to be more obsessed about this than anyone else.

Also, you keep referring to these "self-proclaimed experts", yet don't point them out. No one has claimed to be an expert, so it is very odd where you're coming up with this.

Yes, real research has been done. If you would bother yourself to read the thread you can see that.

The only ignorance being displayed here is yours.

• Like 3

I am guessing it is because you cannot argue with said "experts" as you don't have the argumentation to do so - all you have, it seems, is the ability to lean back and complain that you can't argue. Or in other words, the "experts" seem to hold the high ground. Why not get into the game and do some research so you can actually engage in a debate?

Cheers,

Badeskov

I would agree. Instead of complaining, make a few screen captures and play around with them in any of dozens of free editing programs. See what you can find to support your ideas. Maybe you'll see something that looks like the tail of an airplane, or a window, or an exhaust trail.....

• Like 2

yes you are right , i m just way to lazy to do some research on most topics . but one day i will, if its really really worth it!

I have no idea if that is actually true or not, but you certainly give the impression that research is not your strong suit, and that you prefer the intellectually lazy approach of just complaining when seeing your beliefs questioned without adding anything to a debate. Why don't you prove me wrong? Show that you actually have the intellectual means to do research and hold your own in a debate - it can be a very educational experience. Try it. Just once.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

The people on this thread have seen numerous such videos, identified as bugs as that was filmed. Guess what, this looks exactly the same. Walks like a duck etc....you really need to get off those woo woo sites contaminating your brain.

Cheers.

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 4

uhhhh yea sure whatever you want ! i hope you are happy with your findings, BUGS .

So you admit you WANT it to be something more exotic?

That's usually how Aliens show up in any story.

Are you aware of the complete Rod debunking efforts? Have you viewed the evidences?

• Like 1

Haven't some pro-UFO personalities here like zoser proclaimed themselves to be experts of the universe? Whenever someone proposes a mundane explanation their response is always something like "No, blurring from anti-gravity propulsion. Research it." or some other dismissive statement not supported by any known science.

• Like 3

True, they ARE bugs.

HOWEVER... they are bugs from OUTER SPACE !

They look blurry because they have their anti-gravity shields on.

True, they ARE bugs.

Now you're channeling Zoser. Stop before you summon him.

• Like 3

The production crew didn't know they'd even filmed anything unusual until the footage had been reviewed.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ver-new-zealand

I like these images and there have been a lot of them around recently. Some were captured on my camera some years ago.

Just take a look at this short clip and you will see some similar images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDIqaOPvFxg

• Like 1

I like these images and there have been a lot of them around recently. Some were captured on my camera some years ago.

Just take a look at this short clip and you will see some similar images.

https://www.youtube....h?v=NDIqaOPvFxg

Are you kidding? This video is PATHETIC.

A flower? Why claim a flower is a UFO?

post-26883-0-70303900-1400356538_thumb.j

A helicopter? This is clearly a helicopter.

post-26883-0-83000300-1400356611_thumb.j

The one with the lights zipping back and forth could be a laser pointer for all we know.

• Like 2

True, they ARE bugs.

Not likely.

They emerge from the background behind the tree line. The camera would not pick up bugs from that distance. Two bugs? A mating pair perhaps flying in parallel? LOL.

Click to enlarge.

NZ1_zps70e5190e.jpg

NZ3_zps6b03c83a.jpg

Edited by zoser

The oddity here is that the image appeared only in one frame. Flowers don't suddenly disappear after one frame.

See 0:44

https://www.youtube....h?v=NDIqaOPvFxg

Do you have a link to the original video? That video only shows the one frame. Are we to just assume/believe that there are other frames without the flower?

Plus look at where that "UFO" is located. It would have to be 3 inches across.

• Like 1

Do you have a link to the original video? That video only shows the one frame. Are we to just assume/believe that there are other frames without the flower?

Plus look at where that "UFO" is located. It would have to be 3 inches across.

I saw it on another video (besides the one I linked you).

BRB

I saw it on another video (besides the one I linked you).

BRB

No couldn't locate it. There is another video showing the 3 frames, and it does indeed only appear on one. There is only the one link above for now. I'll probably stumble across it while browsing and I'll post it.

No couldn't locate it. There is another video showing the 3 frames, and it does indeed only appear on one. There is only the one link above for now. I'll probably stumble across it while browsing and I'll post it.

There should be an actual video. Otherwise if it is just photos, they could be in any order. Someone could have walked over and picked the "UFO", then taken more pics.

Let me know if you find that video.

But the other.... Is that not a helicopter?

Not likely.

They emerge from the background behind the tree line. The camera would not pick up bugs from that distance. Two bugs? A mating pair perhaps flying in parallel? LOL.

Click to enlarge.

NZ1_zps70e5190e.jpg

NZ3_zps6b03c83a.jpg

They don't emerge from the tree line. They emerge from the left of the camera just a few feet away. An optical illusion is created by the tree-line and the line of the bridge railing. It is out of focus because the objects are so close. The article says tree-line but that's just where they become visibly discernable from the background. I want to believe things are paranormal as much as the next guy, which is why I have to keep a clear and objective mind about these things. It is either two large bugs, or two small birds. The illusion that they are far up in the sky is just that, an illusion.

• Like 2

They don't emerge from the tree line. They emerge from the left of the camera just a few feet away. An optical illusion is created by the tree-line and the line of the bridge railing. It is out of focus because the objects are so close. The article says tree-line but that's just where they become visibly discernable from the background. I want to believe things are paranormal as much as the next guy, which is why I have to keep a clear and objective mind about these things. It is either two large bugs, or two small birds. The illusion that they are far up in the sky is just that, an illusion.

You seem so sure. I'll have to call you on that one. It's not convincing.

Reason: Bugs don't just emerge.

Edited by zoser

You seem so sure. I'll have to call you on that one. It's not convincing.

Reason: Bugs don't just emerge.

Calibeliever is correct. Go back and watch the video again and do some fast stop/starts just before the bugs show up at the tree line. a light shadow can be seen moving from lower left toward the upper right. I've taken some screen shots and added circles....

It is clear that whatever it is, is in FRONT of the trees at the very least.

post-26883-0-36338500-1400529219_thumb.j

post-26883-0-14176100-1400529234_thumb.j

My best guess would be dragonflies. They like to fly down paved roads. They also like to chase each other. They also can reach very high speeds.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Calibeliever is correct. Go back and watch the video again and do some fast stop/starts just before the bugs show up at the tree line. a light shadow can be seen moving from lower left toward the upper right. I've taken some screen shots and added circles....

post-26883-0-36338500-1400529219_thumb.j

post-26883-0-14176100-1400529234_thumb.j

OK.

BRB