Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Guy Found A Hidden Crawlspace In His House

CuriousLittleOne

http://www.viralnova...epy-crawlspace/

When Reddit user lmbrjack posted that he found a hidden crawl space in his attic leading to a locked door, the Internet braced itself for massive disappointment. In the past year or two, when people find locked safes or rooms, they seem to either never get into them or deliver a colossal let down when they finally open it. There’s rarely a gazillion dollars or Jimmy Hoffa inside, unfortunately.

But lmbrjack delivered. And not only did he do so quickly, but it actually wasn’t a letdown. Well, mostly not anyway.

Read more at http://www.viralnova...cck1t6rRZGg5.99

• Like 5

Hmmm. I'm leaning toward hoax as well, but will keep an open mind.

Why would sound proof walls be necessary for growing anything?

VHS-C tapes are the ones that early personal video cameras used. I'm sure if he really wanted to know what was on them, he could take them to a company that transfers old home movies to DVD. I'm sure there are still some around.

• Like 1

This is interesting :)

Took a peek at some of the guys reddit conversation.. He said he ordered stuff to try to see whats on the tapes. This was only a day or two ago, so it might take a while for the guy to do anything with them.

Found a video he took about this:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fiSz_NTOt4[/media]

• Like 3

Hmmm. I'm leaning toward hoax as well, but will keep an open mind.

Why would sound proof walls be necessary for growing anything?

VHS-C tapes are the ones that early personal video cameras used. I'm sure if he really wanted to know what was on them, he could take them to a company that transfers old home movies to DVD. I'm sure there are still some around.

Maybe it was for temperature control and not sound proofing

All I've managed to find in crawl spaces is mouse poop and a black widow. Some people have all the luck.

I'm thinking it's most likely a hoax, but I really hope it isn't.

About 12 years ago I was helping my sister move in to a house she rented, there was an attic access in the carport. They planed to put some Christmas decorations up there so her oldest son and I pulled the ladder down to go up and make sure it was clear. My nephew was 14 at the time and a pure redneck, he hunts avidly, will catch a poisonous snake with his bare hands...Never really seen anything spook him UNTIL.

He we up and said there was plenty of room but there was a suitcase and a shoe up there. He handed the suitcase down which was actually a saxophone case with the sax still inside. He reached to get the shoe, got really high pitched and tried to say something, then jumped out of the attic opening saying. "There is someone's leg up there."

I went up to see what it was, It was someone's prosthetic right leg.

Which reminds me of when I used to drive a wrecker, one car I went to pick up was mid 80s Mazda 626, was sold as salvage so I picked it up and took it to the yard. Once I got it unhooked I looked through it a bit and the center console had a little compartment in front of the shifter. I open it and see money,

I spot a 5 dollar bill right off and it was not the only bill. I grab at the wad of cash and come out with someone's false teeth as well as the loot. After that I never just grab at anything anymore. There was 32 bucks and some change.

I could start a massive thread on just odd stuff I found in cars when I did wrecker/repo work and doing construction/remodeling jobs. Might in the future, don't want to hijack someone's thread.

Edited by MuddyFeet
  • Like 2

http://www.viralnova...epy-crawlspace/

When Reddit user lmbrjack posted that he found a hidden crawl space in his attic leading to a locked door, the Internet braced itself for massive disappointment. In the past year or two, when people find locked safes or rooms, they seem to either never get into them or deliver a colossal let down when they finally open it. There’s rarely a gazillion dollars or Jimmy Hoffa inside, unfortunately.

But lmbrjack delivered. And not only did he do so quickly, but it actually wasn’t a letdown. Well, mostly not anyway.

Read more at http://www.viralnova...cck1t6rRZGg5.99

Interesting story but the "save yourself" and the "no no no no no" writings make it seem too much like a cheesy piece of fiction and reminds me of the notes you have to find that accompanies the Slenderman game and its clones.

Still, interested to see if he posts anything else about the safe being opened or what's on the tapes. You can buy adapters that allow you to play the compact VHS tapes in a regular VHS player.

• Like 1

I'd say it's not faked. While the stuff in the briefcase probably isn't mega-valuable, there are at least a few hundred dollars worth of stuff there. He does not sound like the sort of person who'd even have that, specially not at his age. Just my opinion. Will be watching for further developments, but if I were him I'd be ignoring all comments.

I'd say it's not faked. While the stuff in the briefcase probably isn't mega-valuable, there are at least a few hundred dollars worth of stuff there. He does not sound like the sort of person who'd even have that, specially not at his age. Just my opinion. Will be watching for further developments, but if I were him I'd be ignoring all comments.

I don't think there's anything particularly odd about someone at that age owning that stuff. The watches and rings could be something he inherited. They could also be worthless junk for all we know. We don't know they are actual silver ingots we see in the photo, if the envelopes contain the cash he says they do, etc.

Not saying it is a hoax, but you can't assume what he says is true in order to argue that what he says is true. That's the thing about hoaxes, people lie about the situation in order to make it more interesting or believable.

Interested to see if anything comes of it though.

• Like 1

Lotsa old houses and fields in S. Vietnam get explored all the time, and have hidden passageways and chambers, and every now and then out comes a haul of gold people hid during the wars.

i'm interested in seeing the outcome here.

i'm on the hoax side at the moment, but i still wanna' know.

• Like 1

"I don't think there's anything particularly odd about someone at that age owning that stuff. "

Yes, true enough. It could be inherited. I'm suspicious of the fact that the brief case and Sentinel Safe were pretty free of dust, though that might be explained by them being there only a short while in a sealed room. Then the room itself appeared to be very clean. Then when he is returning from the room he says something about a Maglite. The passage is too well lit for that. Perhaps I misunderstood.

On the other hand, the video is too amateurish to be something well planned, or at least it seem that way to me.

Which remivanme of when I used to drive a wrecker, one car I went to pick up was mid 80's Mazda 626, was sold as salvage so I picked it up and took it to the yard. Once I got it unhooked I looked through it a bit and the center console had a little compartment in front of the shifter. I open it and see money,

I spot a 5 dollar bill right off and it was not the only bill. I grab at the wad of cash and come out with someone's false teeth as well as the loot. After that I never just grab at anything anymore. There was 32 bucks and some change.

I could start a massive thread on just odd stuff I found in cars when I did wrecker/repo work and doing construction/remodeling jobs. Might in the future, don't want to hijack someone's thread.

Ah, sweet memories, once found a guys foot still in his boot in a wrecked van. Was rather grissly, a 'what I've found thread' would be good, spent 10 years driving a tow truck and now in a service van.

As for the hidey hole, seems a bit 'too' perfect tbh, it could be legit, but why post half a story with out watching the tapes. Its not an episode of eastenders ffs.

• Like 1

Still thinking about what section a thread for strange and interesting finds would be best in. I am considering Sightings, Reports and Experiences. Seems most people are using it for a Paranormal section. Been reading through several sections trying to see if there are any similar post also.

• Like 1

Still thinking about what section a thread for strange and interesting finds would be best in. I am considering Sightings, Reports and Experiences. Seems most people are using it for a Paranormal section. Been reading through several sections trying to see if there are any similar post also.

MuddyFeet: I was hoping you'd say that. Your stories are interesting, and there are a lot of people here who hover in the background just to read the interesting experiences of different posters.

There have been similar threads, such as "things found in the woods", all of which are interesting and attract a lot of readers.

• Like 1

I think such a topic would be best under the general section. The SRE section might make people think it's only about paranormal finds and lead them to be less inclined to post about mundane stuff that's weird or unusual.

• Like 1

I'm going to be keeping a watchful eye on this topic to see how this story unfolds, hmmm........

sound like Sinister.....perhaps the tapes are recording from previous murders? ;-)

• Like 1

Lol I was actually thinking that but I couldn't remember the name of the movie :D

• 2 weeks later...

I found a blocked off attic crawlspace in my house when I was wondering why a bedroom was so cold. It was because there was no insulation above the ceiling.

I found three checkbook registers (that's what you call the part you keep, right?) from the mid 1920's and a gas bill from 1919. Then I put down some insulation.

• Like 2

Random update... I read the guys recent posts. Apparently he was helping someone on a roof job and fell and broke some bones. So he has been dealing with that rather than the tapes.

Random update... I read the guys recent posts. Apparently he was helping someone on a roof job and fell and broke some bones. So he has been dealing with that rather than the tapes.

How convenient.