Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] US Air Force to dismantle HAARP

redhen

But before the CT proponents get too depressed, here's some good news;

David Walker, deputy assistant secretary of the Air Force for science, technology and engineering said "We're moving on to other ways of managing the ionosphere, which the HAARP was really designed to do"

Anchorage Daily News story here.

• Like 2

The next piece of the article states:

Comments of that sort have given rise to endless conspiracy theories, portraying HAARP as a superweapon capable of mind control or weather control, with enough juice to trigger hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes.

Scientists say all of that is nonsense, and that the degree of ionosphere control possible through HAARP is akin to controlling the Pacific Ocean by tossing a rock into it.

• Like 6

so?? no more hot summers???

• Like 2

The Navy not the air force was in charge of the HAARP installation. (according to my memory anyway) Interesting that they admit they are trying to 'manage' the ionosphere. How many here have poo pooed that notion?

"We're moving on to other ways of managing the ionosphere, which the HAARP was really designed to do," he said. "To inject energy into the ionosphere to be able to actually control it. But that work has been completed."

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

"Tossing a rock into the Pacific. Lol!

• Like 3

why it begs the question .. then just how is the airforce prepairing itself ? rounders in the yard? afternoon games?

• Like 1

How are they going to create hurricanes now?

• Like 3

The conspiracies will not stop, they'll just claim that "They" moved it, or that it is still there and running, or that the technology has miniaturized and now is on a train, or something similar.....

• Like 3

it was inevitable that their technologies would reach a point where they can create the same effects as with HAARP with devices much smaller and much easier to hide. Then of course the smart thing to do is to move into the background and dismantle the old tech that was too conspicuous. No-brainer.

• Like 4

But, what did they learn in all those years. Will they release the research for public benefit?

If I were to create a conspiracy I would claim that the military has hacked the dish networks and is using residential dishes in place of HAARP. Yeah, that's what I would say if I were into unusual ideas ... but I'm not.

• Like 2

Cheer up conspiratorialists (and you know who you are!), there's still "chemtrails."

• Like 2

They will use satellites instead. No brainer indeed!

But, what did they learn in all those years. Will they release the research for public benefit?

And we will believe any of it if they do?
  • Like 1

If I were to create a conspiracy I would claim that the military has hacked the dish networks and is using residential dishes in place of HAARP. Yeah, that's what I would say if I were into unusual ideas ... but I'm not.

I think you just gave them a new idea!

I think you just gave them a new idea!

Coming up with nonsense ideas is easy. The odd thing to me is that so many people would fall them. It is easy to pretend that there is some science to it. For example, the government hijacking of the dish networks is based on a well known scientific phenomena known as the spittoon effect. Discovered in 1905 by astronomers, this effect happens when lightning strikes put out a shockwave of EM that is captured inside of a valley where it resonates until released through a narrow zone near the center of the valley. The inverted spittoon effect can be constructed through a network of smaller dishes that have a very long base line such as the VLA in New Mexico.

I'm willing to bet people fall for something like this.

The conspiracies will not stop, they'll just claim that "They" moved it, or that it is still there and running, or that the technology has miniaturized and now is on a train, or something similar.....

Do you even read these articles before posting die Checker? The Air Force spokesman clearly states in the article:

"We're moving on to other ways of managing the ionosphere, which the HAARP was really designed to do,"

Oh gee, I guess all of you nay sayers that were in denial of this despite all of the evidence, such as patents on technologies used by HAARP who's stated purpose was to manipulate the weather among other things, posted by me and other UM'ers were totally wrong, heads in the sand, denying the fairly obvious, because you know everything. Oh wait, as it turns out you knew jack, didn't you. and apparently until you start researching possibilities instead of knee-jerk denial your head will remain in the sand and you will knee jerk deny just as you did in the quote above.

It's pretty stupid, in my opinion that people believe the military would not love to be able to manipulate the weather and have not tried many different methods to do so, it's fairly well documented they've tried many different methods over the years and now that they confirmed that this was the purpose of HAARP from day one you can just add one more method to the list.

It's was not a conspiracy theory, as it turns out it was aconspiacy. What do you know. Sometimes they;re real.

So all you who denied HAARP was a device to manipulate the weather over the years and belittled people who said it was, SUCK IT!

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

The research is all available for anyone to read.

Do you even read these articles before posting die Checker? The Air Force spokesman clearly states in the article:

"We're moving on to other ways of managing the ionosphere, which the HAARP was really designed to do,"

Oh gee, I guess all of you nay sayers that were in denial of this despite all of the evidence, such as patents on technologies used by HAARP who's stated purpose was to manipulate the weather among other things, posted by me and other UM'ers were totally wrong, heads in the sand, denying the fairly obvious, because you know everything. Oh wait, as it turns out you knew jack, didn't you. and apparently until you start researching possibilities instead of knee-jerk denial your head will remain in the sand and you will knee jerk deny just as you did in the quote above.

It's pretty stupid, in my opinion that people believe the military would not love to be able to manipulate the weather and have not tried many different methods to do so, it's fairly well documented they've tried many different methods over the years and now that they confirmed that this was the purpose of HAARP from day one you can just add one more method to the list.

It's was not a conspiracy theory, as it turns out it was aconspiacy. What do you know. Sometimes they;re real.

So all you denied HAARP was a device to manipulate the weather over the years and belittled people who said it was, SUCK IT!

Except you are forgetting that weather takes place in the troposphere, the lowest level of the atmosphere. Some 70 km BELOW the ionosphere. Controlling the ionosphere would allow for long range radio wave propagation with low energy costs. It does not affect weather.

• Like 4

yeah , I agree! we could spend the $290.00 dollars on a more high priority item like.....never mind, you cant buy anything good with that amount.

So all you who denied HAARP was a device to manipulate the weather over the years and belittled people who said it was, SUCK IT!

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2...1#storylink=cpy

Interesting... "ionosphere" is synonymous with "weather" in your mind, hmm?

I certainly do think the military would be interested in controlling the weather, but their statement that you've bolded says nothing about weather.

• Like 2

Interesting... "ionosphere" is synonymous with "weather" in your mind, hmm?

I certainly do think the military would be interested in controlling the weather, but their statement that you've bolded says nothing about weather.

Damn it, I stand corrected. I still don't believe HAARP was not designed to manipulate the weather. They probably decided to shut it down when they accidentally created the polar vortex last winter.
  • Like 1

I'm going to break this down for the conspiracy theorists one more time. HAARP has nothing to do with weather. It is high altitude ionosphere plasma research. The facility was built by the US Air Force and was run by several universities.

The ionosphere is where radio waves bounce across the planet. Through the use of plasmas (heated gases) as mirrors, transmission of said radio waves becomes easier, allowing these high frequency waves to be bounced around faster by using less amplification.

Weather occurs in the troposphere, an area of the atmosphere that is some 50 km (roughly 31 miles) BELOW the ionosphere. High energy plasmas in the ionosphere do not affect the troposphere in any way. Cosmic Rays are constantly bombarding the ionosphere, creating areas of plasma with much higher densities than HAARP can create. These occur randomly, however, and not in the controlled manner that HAARP was studying.

Please research things before crying about the evil government doing things. Would the military love to control the weather? I'm sure they would, but HAARP isn't going to do it for them. I know that facts and science are the enemy of the conspiracy theorists, but at least come up with things that make sense.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5

Damn it, I stand corrected. I still don't believe HAARP was not designed to manipulate the weather. They probably decided to shut it down when they accidentally created the polar vortex last winter.

There are 2 polar vortexes in the northern hemisphere. These can change based upon jet stream patterns. When such variables as polar ice levels, ocean temps, etc, chage, the vortices can be affected. So on a warming planet, you are going to see more variation in the vortices. Weaker vortices don't hold the jet stream in check, allowing it to pull the colder arctic air into the lower latitudes.