Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon rover failure sparks UFO frenzy in China

Many have attributed the untimely breakdown of the Jade Rabbit rover to extraterrestrial intervention.

Launched at part of China's Chang'e 3 mission back in December 2013, the Jade Rabbit (Yutu) rover's initial success gave way to disappointment when it unceremoniously broke down after two weeks having only traversed around 60ft of the lunar surface.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...frenzy-in-china

This is indeed very interesting. Someone or something doesn't want us on the Moon!

• Like 1

This is indeed very interesting. Someone or something doesn't want us on the Moon!

What would indicate that? The science team said the rover succumbed to environmental conditions and there doesn't seem to be anything else going on here. The stories they are telling each other, like a giant craft near the moon when the rover died, are ludicrous given the number of telescopes trained on the moon at any one time.

• Like 6

It's the Space Nazis, they have bases on the moon.
  • Like 7

So a complex remotely controlled experiment breaks down 280000 odd miles away from the earth, on perhaps the one of the most inhospital environments we can think of ... Must be Aliens.

I'm guessing Beagle2's failure is now explained as well then.

• Like 2

It's the Space Nazis, they have bases on the moon.

So you saw that movie, too? I can't remember the name right now.
  • Like 2

So a complex remotely controlled experiment breaks down 280000 odd miles away from the earth, on perhaps the one of the most inhospital environments we can think of ... Must be Aliens.

I'm guessing Beagle2's failure is now explained as well then.

Of course. Can't be faulty workmanship or poor specifications.
  • Like 3

Iron Sky?

Richard Hoagland claims they're real.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1562/1

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 3

How about attributing the breakdown to cheap parts made in CHINA.

• Like 3

Get real. Chinese built crap breaks down all the time. What did they think would happen. They should have built their manufacturing HQ in the USA and hired Americans to build it for them if they wanted it to work. :yes:

But it DID work...for a while, so 10 out of 10 for effort! The US lost many probes too,

failure is in a way a good thing, it makes people look deeply at how and what went wrong, thus leading to new and better craft

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

Iron Sky?

http://www.thespacer.../article/1562/1

Yeah, that's it.

Hoagland is trying to keep his 15 minutes of fame going. Next he'll say someone's living on the Sun, but their invisible just like the Mars city and the ruins on the Moon.

Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 2

Made in China!

• Like 4

Iron Sky?

http://www.thespacer.../article/1562/1

Good to see Hoagland has got more sensible in his theories as he gets older :w00t:

• Like 1

Nope, it was definitely Americans trying to keep them from discovering our bases.

• Like 1

No worries china. Go to WalMart and pick up another Jade Rabbit. They're on sale!

• Like 2

For all those commenting about parts being made in China, most of what you own is made there including your hi-tech phones and cameras ! China is now one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world and the largest electronics manufacturer.

• Like 2

But their electronics are still made in Taiwan. A friend of mine owns integrated lights and they make machines they sell to china and these machines make HD TVs. The problem is, the he must consistently go back to China to fix something they have screwed up. Tom says they have the money, but lack skilled personal . So although they are putting it together, they are really not making it.

Edited by Forever Cursed
  • Like 2

People have to remember that there is a learning curve involved in spaceflight.

The US and Soviet space programmes didn't exactly work all the time in the beginning (or indeed today).

Sure Chinese technology is not the most reliable today, but not so long ago the same was said of Japanese, Taiwanese and korean products. Today their electronics are among the best in the world.

China has allways taken the "slow, but steady" approach to spaceflight, and in the long run that just might be the winning strategy.

• Like 4

At least they Chinese were not faking the mission...

At least they Chinese were not faking the mission...

I asked this in your other post but once again, joke, drugs or crazy?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

So the rover broke down.this really stinks iam sure they dumped millions of dollars in it. I hope they are able to fix it

• Like 1

Iron Sky. Slightly entertaining, and very hokey.

Of course. Can't be faulty workmanship or poor specifications.

Probably for such an important mission, they should have bought American, or Japanese, or German.

What would indicate that? The science team said the rover succumbed to environmental conditions and there doesn't seem to be anything else going on here. The stories they are telling each other, like a giant craft near the moon when the rover died, are ludicrous given the number of telescopes trained on the moon at any one time.

I do find interesting that the rover was not designed for more durability. Only 60 feet? Surely they planned for it to run longer then that?

I do agree however that it probably was a defective part. Anyone in industry knows that regardless of what testing you do, a part could fail at any time.

But their electronics are still made in Taiwan. A friend of mine owns integrated lights and they make machines they sell to china and these machines make HD TVs. The problem is, the he must consistently go back to China to fix something they have screwed up. Tom says they have the money, but lack skilled personal . So although they are putting it together, they are really not making it.

This is true. I Germany, Japan or the USA, you could probably expect like 1 part in 1000 to be defective and that is why we practice good Quality Control before shipping parts. China has a bad record of bad parts, like 1 in 50 or more. And many times they just ship the bad parts. Sure lots of parts and devices made there, but they make a lot more bad parts because they make them quickly and cheaply.

• Like 2

Could that be why the US never went back?

Edited by zoser