Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moon rover failure sparks UFO frenzy in China

I do find interesting that the rover was not designed for more durability. Only 60 feet? Surely they planned for it to run longer then that?

NASA's first Mars rover (Sojourner) had a designated mission span of 14 days and ended up lasting 90 days during which time it drove no more than 330 feet. As this is China's first attempt at a rover, they might not have been too ambitious. Curiosity is the result of many successful and failed attempts at exploring Mars.

At worst, they will learn from this for future missions.

• Like 2

Wait.

So because one rover stopped working, it's automatically aliens?

• Like 2

A software glitch marred what was otherwise was a remarkable achievement for their space program. Let's also remember that they maintain the capability to put a man in orbit, an ability we currently lack.

• Like 1

Could that be why the US never went back?

I thought it was the carnivorous rocks?

Maybe they got the rover also?

RE: The movie Apollo 18.

• Like 1

I thought it was the carnivorous rocks?

Maybe they got the rover also?

RE: The movie Apollo 18.

Meh. Doesen't anyone read? It was electrostatic discharges that did for Jade Rabbit, all that static cooked the computers.

1960's technology was mostly vacuum tubes and simple ICs based on TTL, those suckers can take enough radiation to make the crew glow in the dark and then some.

• Like 2

No disrespect to them but I have accrued probably a cupboard full of electrical stuff made in China that has broken down over the years. I don't believe any of it was done by the Americans or ET's.

• Like 1

The Chinese rover dying had nothing to do with aliens. China just makes really poor quality things. Simple as that.

• Like 1

The Chinese rover dying had nothing to do with aliens. China just makes really poor quality things. Simple as that.

That's not true:

G-chicken-sweet-sour.jpg

• Like 3

At least they Chinese were not faking the mission...

Nobody has faked a mission to the moon, one has to be brain dead to accept those whacky uneducated claims.

• Like 2

Could that be why the US never went back?

The US did not go back to the moon because they predicted a Rover would break down there in 44 years time?

Your ideas get worse by the post.

Wait.

So because one rover stopped working, it's automatically aliens?

Welcome to Zoser's world!!

• Like 3

That's not true:

G-chicken-sweet-sour.jpg

I actually have to agree with this!

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

I actually have to agree with this!

Cheers,

Badeskov

I Like Tai ! Way BEtter !Thats just me though ! As for the Moon, Its Way too dusty to Have My B.B.Q. Smoker up there ! Remember the U/M Party Thread? RIP Mid old Buddy ! We Miss You A Moon Load !

• Like 2

I Like Tai ! Way BEtter !Thats just me though ! As for the Moon, Its Way too dusty to Have My B.B.Q. Smoker up there ! Remember the U/M Party Thread? RIP Mid old Buddy ! We Miss You A Moon Load !

I have to say I was thinking the same, Thai food rocks. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh ohhh now we are going to get pictures of rock walls aren't we................

Dust schmust! At least there are no flies. Jut fire up that barbie.

• Like 1

Politicians are the reason we've never been back to the moon, like the one currently in the White House.

• Like 1

This is indeed very interesting. Someone or something doesn't want us on the Moon!

I have herd many theories regarding this from we were flat out told not to return to when we did land on the moon vibrated like a giant bell as if it was hollow indicating it was a made structure put there for a reason, and life as we know it would not evolved on Earth without it thus the reason, and we are simply an Alien experiment.

Edited by Socio

I have herd many theories regarding this from we were flat out told not to return to when we did land on the moon vibrated like a giant bell as if it was hollow indicating it was a made structure put there for a reason, and life as we know it would not evolved on Earth without it thus the reason, and we are simply an Alien experiment.

All those theories does indeed exist, and they all have one thing in common:

A complete lack of evidence !

Out of curiosity what is you opinion on the matter ?