Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon has zombie apocalypse battle plan

UM-Bot

The US government actually has a plan in place in the event that the dead start rising from their graves.

According to an unclassified Defense Department document entitled "CONOP 8888", the scenario of a zombie apocalypse has been used as a training template for the planning of real-world disasters and emergency operations.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266517/pentagon-has-zombie-apocalypse-battle-plan

Well, I suppose it's always good to be prepared... What kind of zomebies are we talking about here though? There's a big difference between Night of the Living Dead zombies and 28 Days Later.

and that training was founded from whose money? justified by what exactly? How about a defense strategy against the attack of a fairy army?

Sometimes a conscience-bearing conscious tax payer has to sit back and say into his or her hand, "How in the hell has it come down to this. . .?

Plan = Aim for the Head!

It is well known that the military prepares contingency plans for lots of situations that will probably never happen. Invasion of US by Canada... Invasion of the US by Iran... Probably even alien (ET) encounters and war. This zombie plan does not surprise me.

If a zombie apocalypse did happen, and there was no plan, people then would be asking, "Why didn't the government have a Plan?".

• Like 5

Really thinking about this, a "zombie apocalypse" is just a mass attack by an aggressive horde.

It's not all that different from an angry mob.

So, Why not, I guess.

• Like 4

Really thinking about this, a "zombie apocalypse" is just a mass attack by an aggressive horde.

So, Why not, I guess.

Yes and that is the whole point of the plan.

If the Pentagon made a plan for a North Korean or Chinese invasion - it would cause tension where it is not needed and unnecessary speculation as to whether the USA is expecting to start up hostilities in some way with these very real nations.

By using a zombie apocolypse as a template they can avoid having to answer to conspiracy theorists on a wide range of issues that are really just "think tanks" doing their job and thinking up scenarios and deployments for scenarios so the USA is as broadly prepared as it can be for all possibilities. You can exchange "zombie" for any number of protagonists and they will have the plan to deal with it at the ready in the file marked "Zombie Apocolypse" :w00t: .

• Like 3

They really should embrace this way of thinking

Vampire slaying training- counter terrorism

Werewolf hunting- pursuit for a target

Cthulu awakens plan- nuclear warfare response

Recruitment numbers would go bannannas

• Like 1

So, Why not, I guess.

Yes and that is the whole point of the plan.

You can exchange "zombie" for any number of protagonists and they will have the plan to deal with it at the ready in the file marked "Zombie Apocolypse" :w00t: .

Thank you for for explaining to the zombie horde attacking this thread ;)

This is a way to plan for an out of the box scenario, like Alien invasions or total Social Anarchy. We will not end up with a Joint Chiefs of Staff General, Ira U. Weak answering the president," well sir, we do not have a plan for that!" Think of how many threats this plan could cover, minus the walking dead. The public just disregards this as they are just having some fun. Do we have a plan for plant life taking the planet back? Of course not, because that is not a realistic threat worth spending tax payer’s money, but Zombies are real! There just not what we think they are. What do you think the code word Zombie, really means?

I call bull****.

Plan = Aim for the Head!

It is well known that the military prepares contingency plans for lots of situations that will probably never happen. Invasion of US by Canada... Invasion of the US by Iran... Probably even alien (ET) encounters and war. This zombie plan does not surprise me.

If a zombie apocalypse did happen, and there was no plan, people then would be asking, "Why didn't the government have a Plan?".

I look toward the mundane reality behind the plan. Counter defense for what? I'd say invasion and biological warfare on US soil by the tactics. It would even give some protection against some accidental rogue virus like ebola from spreading.

• Like 1

Costco i think is best place. Big cement walls. food, medicine, everything!

Costco, Sam's, and any other large food-chain is a horrid idea. They have raw and frozen meat there - and in three days, they will have stench and bugs galore. Bad idea - in spades.

A National Guard armory or military (preferably Army or Marine Corps) Reserve armory/building - or a school - is probably the best place. They tend to be all over, easily barricadable entrances/exits, and lots of room. THEN spend a couple of days toting dry and canned foods from Costco to your new home.

And, yes, the military has contingencies for EVERYTHING - to include several for alien invasion (friendly aliens, violent aliens, neutral aliens...).

get ready for the "liek zomg this will happen soon" crowd that's been saying that for 20 years :innocent:

Costco, Sam's, and any other large food-chain is a horrid idea. They have raw and frozen meat there - and in three days, they will have stench and bugs galore. Bad idea - in spades.

A National Guard armory or military (preferably Army or Marine Corps) Reserve armory/building - or a school - is probably the best place. They tend to be all over, easily barricadable entrances/exits, and lots of room. THEN spend a couple of days toting dry and canned foods from Costco to your new home.

And, yes, the military has contingencies for EVERYTHING - to include several for alien invasion (friendly aliens, violent aliens, neutral aliens...).

Although if it gets bad enough you could eat the bugs

It's not the craziest thing they've been spending money and time on..

Shooting in the head and burning the body works for non-zombies as well. THe military was just honing its targeting and aiming abilities. As bullet-resistant wear becomes easier to get and lighter in weight, where else are yoy going to aim for the kill? Edited by paperdyer

I have a plan also, everyone gets baseball bats and you aim for the head!! Sadly, I'm not getting paid to come up with this plan unlike the person that wrote it :(

Something spooked them alright. They should never have tried to create "Super soldiers" that could not be killed.This little "Experiment" did not turn out the way they had hoped for.The chemical that did in fact,Reanimate the dead,was not doing wht they had hoped forWhat they wanted was basicly dead soldiers that would be pretty much unstoppable, and still take orders...

Well they got the unstoppable part right.But the undead do not take orders very well.And yes i know as you read this yer thinking,"You are so full of crap!"Well im sorry to say but im not.They really must have a very bad plan in place is all i can figure.Why else train soldiers for it?If the chemical is ingested, it's lethal. And then,you are a zombie... Sounds nut's i know.But if they put it in the water supply,they will have made a horror of everything. Which,i would guess,is what they would want.

If you think about the plan,it is brilliant. Create unrest among the masses,give them a scary as hell enemy,and you might not be shooting at them when they turn on us.Give them something else to shoot at.Great way to achieve both goals.Wow...Terminator Robots,Zombies... Damn future looks kinda scary...

Something spooked them alright. They should never have tried to create "Super soldiers" that could not be killed.This little "Experiment" did not turn out the way they had hoped for.The chemical that did in fact,Reanimate the dead,was not doing wht they had hoped forWhat they wanted was basicly dead soldiers that would be pretty much unstoppable, and still take orders...

Well they got the unstoppable part right.But the undead do not take orders very well.And yes i know as you read this yer thinking,"You are so full of crap!"Well im sorry to say but im not.They really must have a very bad plan in place is all i can figure.Why else train soldiers for it?If the chemical is ingested, it's lethal. And then,you are a zombie... Sounds nut's i know.But if they put it in the water supply,they will have made a horror of everything. Which,i would guess,is what they would want.

If you think about the plan,it is brilliant. Create unrest among the masses,give them a scary as hell enemy,and you might not be shooting at them when they turn on us.Give them something else to shoot at.Great way to achieve both goals.Wow...Terminator Robots,Zombies... Damn future looks kinda scary...

So they wanted Universal Soldier (Van Dame) and got 28 Days Later?

Someone been watching/playing too much the walking dead? I think so.

I guess that's a good thing? I hope they know what they would actually be up against.

• Like 1