Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man files world's most expensive lawsuit

UM-Bot

A man is suing New York City and others for two trillion trillion trillion dollars over a dog bite.

In what is being described as the most frivolous lawsuit in history, one Manhattan resident is suing several cities, companies and organizations for a grand total of $2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ( two undecillion ) after his middle finger was bitten by a "rabies-infected" dog on a bus.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...pensive-lawsuit

• Like 1

What a great reflection of the world we live in...

• Like 3

he believes he is overcharged for coffee on a regular basis.

http://www.unexplain...pensive-lawsuit

I think this man should stay off the coffee and his lawyers who have taken on the case should too, wonder what their % would be if they won this ridiculous case?

• Like 1

PLEASE don't let this guy breed

• Like 3

he believes he is overcharged for coffee on a regular basis.

http://www.unexplain...pensive-lawsuit

I think this man should stay off the coffee and his lawyers who have taken on the case should too, wonder what their % would be if they won this ridiculous case?

You think Starbucks chages a fair price for what they call coffee?

PLEASE don't let this guy breed

I agree, but it may be too late. The lawyers who filed the cases should be neutered as well. Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 1

Yeah this just illustrates in cartoon like style, how ridiculous the ambulance chasing culture has become, ok fine if you were injured as a result of negligence and the quality of life, or ability to work is affected then more power to you....but if you are like the guy who tried to sue the forestry commission for $3,000,000 because he got a splinter in his finger off a tree whilst in the forest, and his case was based on the fact that there was no signage warning that it could happen, then they need to do something about this.

And this guy is either the most delusional man on the planet, or its greatest imbecile....

He needs to seek the advice of a psychiatrist, not a lawyer.

• Like 1

I agree, but it may be too late. The lawyers who filed the cases should be neutered as well.

That there is a lawyer who takes this type case on should be made a criminal offense.

You are right, some of these lawyers need neutering for sure.

• Like 1

That there is a lawyer who takes this type case on should be made a criminal offense.

You are right, some of these lawyers need neutering for sure.

(The lawyer is...) Probably some kid out of college trying to make a name for himself....

I would tell you what I really think about this, but I would be sued....

• Like 1

I would tell you what I really think about this, but I would be sued....

To late, I have started proceedings for a 6,000,000,000,000,000 bitcoin payout...!

• Like 3

"Purisima will represent himself in the case"

That explains that.

But I like the intro paragraph at the top of this article;

"In a move likely inspired by the "Austin Powers" villain Dr. Evil, a Manhattan man has filed a two undecillion dollar lawsuit against New York City and basically everyone in it."

Edited by redhen

He was obviously mental before the rabies.

The rabies shots gave him autism!! :w00t::innocent:

• Like 1

They need to stop some lawsuits from happening- this is ridiculous. All its going to do is cost tax payer money to fund the court, judge and lawyers that will have to obligatorily be there. Too many lawsuits today.

• Like 1

Starbucks is overpriced but it's my choice to pay or not. What precedence is there to sue over the price of a double-frappe-mocha-latte-chino with drizzled caramel and whipped cream? Can I get a scone with that too? No, the blueberry one.

What a stupid-ass human being. If you ever wonder why our world hasn't been visited by a advanced civilization its because muff-tards like this portray the Earth as nothing but some trailer trash comedy on Fox.

Imagine if he wins? Obama and the IRS probably would have this guy in the 99.9999% tax bracket, so the FedGov would get 99.9999% of the money.

That sums it up....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think he stands a way better chance of reaching his goal if he became a counterfeiter. Especially since there isn't that much money in the USA.

Indeed! Even our dogs are so lazy they get the bus.

• Like 1

They need to stop some lawsuits from happening- this is ridiculous. All its going to do is cost tax payer money to fund the court, judge and lawyers that will have to obligatorily be there. Too many lawsuits today.

Lawyers love the present situation where anyone can sue over anything and you have to have a court hearing to get it dismissed. Since lawyers also control the legislatures, change is not likely, and the courts are imbued with the notion that "everyone is entitled to their day in court."

In the states if you lose a suit, nothing happens. It is almost impossible to succeed in malicious prosecution suits (the burden of proof is too high) and if you lose a suit you still don't have to compensate the winner or the government.

I would be curious if there are any states where this is different.

There should at a minimum be some sort of pre-trial review of the initial documents to kick out garbage on the spot.

I'd hate to see that guy getting into a car accident. He'd sue all the car manufacturing companies, all driver's education institutions, the other person involved, along with family and family tree dating back to the stone age... Everything related to transportation really. NASCAR...