Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No link between vaccination and autism

Timothy

Hiya DC. Are you sure it was England? It sounds like this one from Denmark, which was a country-wide study. PDF file, moderately long, but it's an excellent and comprehensive study - well worth reading (something vaccine-haters don't seem to do much of..)...

http://www.safeminds...ry/20021107.pdf

I believe if was England, and it included representative subject groups (if not a whole village) ranging from toddlers to the elderly.

I think it was similar to this one, but I don't think this is the exact one. But then this was like 3 years ago, so this study may be the one and I am mixing it up with some other memory.

Regardless this study shows the same result... There is no appreciable delta between ASD rates among children then among the elderly.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21536975

CONTEXT: To our knowledge, there is no published information on the epidemiology of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) in adults. If the prevalence of autism is increasing, rates in older adults would be expected to be lower than rates among younger adults.
RESULTS:Of 7461 adult participants who provided a complete phase 1 interview, 618 completed phase 2 diagnostic assessments. The weighted prevalence of ASD in adults was estimated to be 9.8 per 1000 (95% confidence interval, 3.0-16.5). Prevalence was not related to the respondent's age. Rates were higher in men, those without educational qualifications, and those living in rented social (government-financed) housing. There was no evidence of increased use of services for mental health problems.

CONCLUSIONS: Conducting epidemiologic research on ASD in adults is feasible. The prevalence of ASD in this population is similar to that found in children. The lack of an association with age is consistent with there having been no increase in prevalence and with its causes being temporally constant. Adults with ASD living in the community are socially disadvantaged and tend to be unrecognized.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Jugoso - kudos to you for your honesty and willingness to look at this important topic with a bit more depth. Thanks for that clarification. :tu:

So, it seems there are only a few still here - hello, Roger and Simbi from another thread - who, strangely, never wish to engage in debate and look at the actual content of the studies...

I guess if it doesn't fit their world-view - where all gubmints and big pharma are pure 100% evil - then their minds are completely closed to it. Don't get me wrong, gubmints and big pharma can sometimes be evil.. but that absolutely does NOT in any way correspond to any link between vaccination and autism - and clearly there is NONE. This anti-vaccination/ immunisation tripe is dangerous and disgraceful excrement, and it is the people pushing it who are evil. It is ignorant drivel purveyed by those who have not seen or experienced the horrors of the diseases that are now largely wiped out because of these programs. And they are, sadly, causing some naive people to no longer immunise, resulting in outbreaks of measles, whooping cough and others. A close personal friend of mine has lost a child due to this mindless refusal to vaccinate.

If it only affected the ignorant person believing this nonsense then it could be cynically viewed as thinning the herd of the weakest minds.. problem is, these people are also not immunising their kids who know no better, and putting other, younger kids - or indeed anyone with a weakened immune system - at very serious risk. It is irresponsible and reprehensible.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

'A review of available data from around the world has found that there is no link between vaccination and the development of autism or autism spectrum disorders.

The study examined seven sets of data involving more than 1.25 million children and concluded that there was no evidence to support a relationship between common vaccines for measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough and the development of autism.'

Read on: http://www.news.com....v-1226923177732

The review has been published in the medical journal Vaccine.

Hopefully this will help to sway misled opinion.

caps for emphasis only

The CDC is living it's darkest hours as we speak.

Meet the rabbit hole. The current Rabbit Hole is what this leading article presents. It is just that you have to figure out just who is lying and who is not. As I always say, there are ways to determine the truth. But remember, the CDC, an agency that simply closets 327 vails containing dangerous microbes, some of them LETHAL about the same time that an unknown strain of Ebola is starting to PLAGUE the world along with the emergence of a very specific monoclonal antibody for that UNKNOWN strain developed by a company that routinely works for the US Government, as an irony in it's finest hour,

... CDC vilas that were unprotected, insecure, and accessible to ANYONE in the FDA and CDC agencies, without using paper trails, along with UNCOUNTABLE INFRACTIONS at the CDC of it's own policies and procedures that date back nearly to it's inception.

SO... who lies?

The people who want to protect themselves from a harge mass of litagation for FORCING damaging vaccines on the glorious children of this country

or the parents who have had to deal with the studies and inglorious adverse results of those vaccines. What group has a bigger reason to lie? You tell me.

http://jonrappoport....er-went-public/

Edited by regeneratia

Which is odd considering the whole "vaccines cause autism. " lie was perpetuated by a British "scientist" so he could sell his vaccine.

It isn't a lie.

It isn't a lie.

Yes. It is.

Wakefield LIED about his study. He was and is a fraud.

His medical license was revoked for over 3 dozen charges including 4 counts of dishonesty and 12 accounts of abuse of developmentally disabled children.

There is no link between autism and vaccines. Get over it.

Yes. It is.

Wakefield LIED about his study. He was and is a fraud.

His medical license was revoked for over 3 dozen charges including 4 counts of dishonesty and 12 accounts of abuse of developmentally disabled children.

There is no link between autism and vaccines. Get over it.

And the CDC lied about the study, a lie of omission, not reporting all the findings.

And again I ask, who has more reason to lie, the CDC for misleading the people and their government or the people who raise a child negatively affected by vaccines? Really, who has more reason to lie? Come on.

as always, follow the money.

And the CDC lied about the study, a lie of omission, not reporting all the findings.

And again I ask, who has more reason to lie, the CDC for misleading the people and their government or the people who raise a child negatively affected by vaccines? Really, who has more reason to lie? Come on.

People like you who need to blame someone other than themselves.
  • Like 1

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/09/17/4088824.htm?topic=health

A Danish study has provided support for a controversial theory that says autism spectrum disorders and schizophrenia are opposite ends of a spectrum, with normal brain function somewhere in between.

The 'Imprinted Brain Theory' postulates that these mental disorders are a result of a 'battle of the sexes', with epigenetic effects subtly controlling certain genes, expressed as a baby develops, to favour the survival of either the mother or the father's genes.

Published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, the study has found relationships between a baby's size and its risk of getting schizophrenia or autism, which fit with the theory.

In other words, the study suggests autism has a genetic origin.

The entire claim for autism from vaccines comes from wakefeild and his study was a hoax. Now claims just come from ignorant hysteria.

Oh wait, if they eliminate all those kids in the CDC studies whose parents didn't present birth certificates, tho it wasn't required at the time of the study, we find that indeed the vaccine and autism has no link. In doing so, they eliminated nearly all those kids who had autism as a direct result of the vaccine. Opps. Let's fiddle with the study design retroactively. OK. We got cha. It isn't a lie if we redesign the study to nearly eliminate ALL the adverse effects of the vaccine.

If any one of you are scientists, and not just mere hackjobs, and really seek the objective truth, read the links I provided.

as always, follow the money.

If you were smart enough to follow your own idiotic cliche you'd know the good doctor was on the payroll of a rival medical company, and his study was meant to tarnish a specific company's product, not vaccinations in general.

The entire claim for autism from vaccines comes from wakefeild and his study was a hoax. Now claims just come from ignorant hysteria.

His study was not a hoax, but I cannot change the way you feel about that. I do know there is a massive effort to discredit a man who has a conscience and heart. Why, that simply isn't allowed in the world's governments' halls, now is it?

Because you perhaps rely heavily on mainstream media for your mass brainwash, I am sure you think it is a hoax.

If you were smart enough to follow your own idiotic cliche you'd know the good doctor was on the payroll of a rival medical company, and his study was meant to tarnish a specific company's product, not vaccinations in general.

All you do is ridicule. You are not on topic. You are not presenting new ideas. You are attacking me. OK, I can take the blows just long enough to put you on ignore, ... AGAIN!!!!!

Edited by regeneratia

His study was not a hoax, but I cannot change the way you feel about that. I do know there is a massive effort to discredit a man who has a conscience and heart. Why, that simply isn't allowed in the world's governments' halls, now is it?

Because you perhaps rely heavily on mainstream media for your mass brainwash, I am sure you think it is a hoax.

All you do is ridicule. You are not on topic. You are not presenting new ideas. You are attacking me. OK, I can take the blows just long enough to put you on ignore, ... AGAIN!!!!!

So it's cover ups and sheeple now, huh?

Have fun with your woo woo.

So it's cover ups and sheeple now, huh?

Have fun with your woo woo.

And the science behind your statement on cover ups and sheeple? Let's be real, you are a flamer. You have discredited yourself with the above post.

There will be more on this: it is now on coast-to-coast am, where MILLIONS of people will know the real story of the CDC lies on vaccines. And there will be change now regarding vaccines. We are an active group of people.

Just who is the sheeple here?: http://www.cdc.gov/v...pediatrics.html

quote from the link:

"Access to the information on the birth certificates allowed researchers to assess more complete information on race as well as other important characteristics, including possible risk factors for autism such as the child’s birth weight, mother’s age, and education. This information was not available for the children without birth certificates; hence CDC study did not present data by race on black, white, or other race children from the whole study sample. It presented the results on black and white/other race children from the group with birth certificates."

All the while, small black children are MOST susceptible to vaccine related autism, a cross reaction issue (if you, flamer, understand what that even means), the majority of which were retroactively eliminated from the study YEARS LATER.

What do you want? For the cdc to come out and say," hey, we lied to you all." and suffer major epidemics of legal litigation? Follow the frillin money, dear. The head of the CDC at the time of this study now works for Merc, as the head of the vaccine department. Will you take a Merc vaccine now, beyond a shadow of a doubt? I will not, and none of my family will.

Edited by regeneratia

Oh I'm sore torn up.

Spare us all the helpless victim act. You know exactly what you're doing, and I'm more than happy to point out your ignorance based hypocrisy any time.

• Like 1

Caps for emphasis only.

From a LOCKED board, worth a repeat here, and extremely on topic, as we directly accuse the CDC of lying about the results of a vaccine autism link study that happened nearly a decade ago, and was ALTERED RETROACTIVELY recently to eliminate most of the children that had adverse events from the vaccine, THEY ALTERED THE STUDY DESIGN RETROACTIVELY:

my response to: Why do people believe in conspiracy theories:

"Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

People insist that there is more to the story than we are are told is because we are all starting to believe that our government CONSTANTLY lies to us, that mainstream media constantly lies to us. It is not because we want to always go against the mainstream. It is more that there is no longer any reason whatsoever, we believe, to trust our governments and mainstream media.

Conspiracy theories are continuously blamed on the people as having something wrong with them.

But the reality is, it is the government and the mainstream media that have dubiously meme-cancerish actions and dishonorable habits of lying, that has gone terminally ill with dispensing deception and perception control.

We no longer want our sentiments guided by governments filled with people with far less morals than we have, and media who lies far more than we do.

This isn't our problem. The REAL problem lies in the unbelievablity of the conceptual issuances of governments and media.

That is IT, in a nutshell. People over-whelmingly distrust their own governments and mainstream media, and rightfully so.

And let me tell you, I have yet to read a counter to this point. Regardless of what is written here on this topic, we are all in agreement that governments and media lie.

caps for emphasis only

Edited by regeneratia, 29 August 2014 - 03:39 PM.

http://www.unexplain...ic=271518&st=15

Yet we have again a lie, called out and brought to public attention, NOT by the mainstream media, but by a vast quantity of alternative media that demand truth, rather than lie, ... lies like what the CDC has just given.

Saved to repeat in other forums when this board is locked by wetiko.

Edited by regeneratia

It's a waste of time bumping up an old thread just to turn it in to a slagging match.

Closed.