Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1st Anniversary of the Moore (Ok) Tornado

Taun

I found this slideshow of pictures taken just after the tonado last year and of how the same spot looks today... I thought it might be interesting to some of you...

http://news.yahoo.com/moore-tornado-anniversary-014820172.html

It is a yahoo news site, and you justs click on the photo to start the slide show...

• Like 1

I don't know if you already know it or not, Taun, but according to the video of tornado facts (at the following link), you're living in the worst city for tornadoes. :cry:

Isn't there anywhere underground where you could possibly go to?

http://www.cnn.com/2...iest-tornadoes/

Here at work there is an extensive underground passage system linking buildings... That is the designated spot while here... Elsewhere, it just depends on where I am...

Here at work there is an extensive underground passage system linking buildings... That is the designated spot while here... Elsewhere, it just depends on where I am...

Jeese Taun, hope those passages withstand the fracking. DON`T go down there!

Elsewhere, it just depends on where I am...

Yes, and I think you'd more than likely be at home...like the last time.

Jeese Taun, hope those passages withstand the fracking. DON`T go down there!

We always joke about "what do we do if there is a fire (get outside) a tornado (get underground) and a flood (get to the 2nd floor) at the same time"...

• Like 1

We always joke about "what do we do if there is a fire (get outside) a tornado (get underground) and a flood (get to the 2nd floor) at the same time"...

Can`t you move to somewhere safer, like Syria or somewhere?

• Like 1

Yes, and I think you'd more than likely be at home...like the last time.

The last time (not the May 20th storm but the one that came later) was a total freak of nature... There really was no sane place to go - normally when a tornado approaches it comes from the SW and travels generally NE,

so all a person needs to do is to go either NW or SE and you're okay... These came in a long line, west to east some 80 miles wide... No where to go, and underground was no good due to high flooding... In fact of the

people that died in that tornado outbreak (thankfully not very many at all), I've heard that the majority drowned...

Can`t you move to somewhere safer, like Syria or somewhere?

Syria's too quiet.. I'd never be able to fall asleep at night... (and I'm not armed heavily enough to move to Detroit)...

• Like 1

Its Ben a year allready I would not wanna live there