Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Sightings

Some curious footage:

1) Ogden Utah

2) Abbotsford BC Canada

3) Las Vegas. This is the kind of sighting that interests me at the moment. Similar to the one's on the NZ thread? Bugs? I personally don't think so. All the characteristics of travelling at very high speed and blurred as usual.

4) Montrose MN A sphere but no footage.

5) New Port Richey Florida. A humming boomerang. Sadly no footage.

6) Cerro del la Silla Mexico. Balloon? Is it too luminescent? Blaj

7) Blanchard PA One object followed another. The footage is of the second object apparently. This looks the most curious because it completely blinks out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOtmVHafiQ#t=16

• Like 1

unidentified? perhaps.... ET? absolutely no

• Like 1

unidentified? perhaps.... ET? absolutely no

Oh yes it is.

• Like 1

Unexplained perhaps but you couldn't say any of them are structured craft

• Like 2

1. Birds. imo. I know the apparent absence of wings* seems to defy that explanation but trust me, I've seen enough flocks of birds at night to know when I see em. *dark wings in low def at night don't register on film as brightly as their bodies.

2. I think a very large owl. The flashing she reports were, imo, caused by beating wings. Frames one and two, wings mid stroke causing a spherical appearance. Frame 3, wings up, frame 4, wings down, frame 5, wings up again. Watch it again with that in mind, see the bird shape now?

3. Bug. Unless it is a spaceship shaped like a bug complete with antenna and leg shaped landing gear. (see insert) That it appears far away is an illusion, imo.

6. Tumbling silver sphere rising... balloon. It is the spheres that just sit there or slowey drift then suddenly disappear when you blink that you gotta look out for.... like the last one.

7. "You gotta be kidding me?!" I know that feeling all too well from these things.

• Like 2

Oh yes it is.

Prove it. Otherwise it's clearly flown by Sasquatch and Chupacabra on their way to poker night with the Mary Celeste crew.

• Like 7

The first one is odd though. It's a recurring shape in Ufology that defies conventional explanation.

The first one is odd though. It's a recurring shape in Ufology that defies conventional explanation.

The first one moves like a flock of birds.

• Like 4

I wouldn't say ET but then I wouldn't say birds or balloons either. There's speculation on both sides of the coin.

Simply put...Unidentified :yes:

• Like 3

I found Blanchard PA the most interesting video.

The sighting in Mexico....hmm! it was possibly a white paper/ plastic bag moving with an up wind draft....it looked like it came from a valley.

The others vids...... not sure.

I like UFO Planet..... Darin Crapo has a very nice way about him.

The skeptic's must have a field day with his Sir name.... :unsure:

• Like 2

That's right....nor did anyone say that they were actually structured craft.
  • Like 1

zigzag-light_2.jpeg

As the sun was setting off west Oahu, Hawaii’s third largest island, Tuesday spectators saw a mysterious zigzag light appear in the darkening sky.

Others on Maui and Lanai spotted the strange sight as well.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/21/strange-zigzag-light-appears-in-hawaiian-sky-and-baffles-residents/

• Like 1

That's right....nor did anyone say that they were actually structured craft.

Zoser responded to a post saying they were not ET by saying they were.If they are ET they aren't structured craft was my point

zigzag-light_2.jpeg

As the sun was setting off west Oahu, Hawaii’s third largest island, Tuesday spectators saw a mysterious zigzag light appear in the darkening sky.

Others on Maui and Lanai spotted the strange sight as well.

http://www.theblaze....fles-residents/

It was a missile test.

http://www.hawaiinew...awaiinewsnowcom

http://www.hawaiinew...-for-first-time

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25538466/hawaii-missile-launch-tests-shield-readiness

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4

Is that the only sighting from Ogden? That is a very populated area that lies just north of Salt Lake City. I can't imagine only one person would have seen it.

The Las Vegas one looks like a bug.

The Mexican one looks like a balloon. Yeah, I know - but it does.

Edited by sinewave

The Las Vegas one looks like a bug.

But someone called it a UFO.

Therefore it isn't a bug, but a mystery that can't be explained. I think that's how it works.

• Like 4

But someone called it a UFO.

Therefore it isn't a bug, but a mystery that can't be explained. I think that's how it works.

Oh right. Silly me. I'll get the hang of this sooner or later. :)

• Like 2

Blanchard PA from the description sounds very much like a Chinese lantern.

• Like 1

Blanchard PA from the description sounds very much like a Chinese lantern.

What about the way it flashes? Looks a bit suspicious.

Edited by zoser

Careful how you use UFO. Some people associate that with aliens.

I still think the new designation should be WTF's. :tu:

• Like 3

Careful how you use UFO. Some people associate that with aliens.

I still think the new designation should be WTF's. :tu:

The problem is that every time someone finds a photograph of an out of focus bug, a light reflected in a window, a plane contrail illuminated by the sun, a lens flare of a bright light, etc. and doesn't know what it is and reports it to some UFO website or local news media, it gets added as useless garbage to the field of Ufology as another "UFO".

Whereas a lot of people who do believe in ET life visiting earth can see through that kind of nonsense, lots of people lap it up and resort to pretty desperate arguments like "you can't prove utterly 100% to my satisfaction that it's a bug or a lens flare, therefore it's unidentified and a UFO and might be some sort of ET craft".

I think zoser gets a lot of unnecessary flak on these forums (I'm guilty of that at times myself) but he kind of brings it on by insisting upon jumping to the defense of every single photo or video of some blurry blob someone calls a UFO and refuses to acknowledge mundane explanations even when they look just like the mundane explanation being offered does in photos.

I had a quick look through a bunch of photos of mine that have the sky in them and there's no shortage of blobs and blurs and small objects in the sky of some of them. Some of them offhand I couldn't identify with confidence as being a bird or a bug as I don't recall seeing those things when the photo was taken. Therefore you could be pedantic and call them unidentified flying objects, but would it do any good to the field of Ufology if I start posting them here or sending them to UFO researchers or YouTube channels like that in the OP of this thread?

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

<snip>

I think zoser gets a lot of unnecessary flak on these forums (I'm guilty of that at times myself) but he kind of brings it on by insisting upon jumping to the defense of every single photo or video of some blurry blob someone calls a UFO and refuses to acknowledge mundane explanations even when they look just like the mundane explanation being offered does in photos.

<snip>

But is it really unnecessary? In my opinion he invites it by his relentless regurgitation of already debunked information and his insistence on ignoring facts that contradict his own beliefs. Frankly, I am surprised that he doesn't get any more flak.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

But is it really unnecessary? In my opinion he invites it by his relentless regurgitation of already debunked information and his insistence on ignoring facts that contradict his own beliefs. Frankly, I am surprised that he doesn't get any more flak.

Cheers,

Badeskov

It's unnecessary in the sense that it doesn't make for productive discussion and clutters up threads like the current Bob Lazar thread with useless crud, but I agree with you that he tends to bring it on himself by insisting on defending the indefensible with extremely poor arguments.
  • Like 2

It's unnecessary in the sense that it doesn't make for productive discussion and clutters up threads like the current Bob Lazar thread with useless crud, but I agree with you that he tends to bring it on himself by insisting on defending the indefensible with extremely poor arguments.

Ah, got it. :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Yeah, I have to agree, in most of the clips provided all that has been caught is birds, most likely geese migrating, flying at night.. I've seen these with my own eyes on many occasions in almost every part of the world. I can see how one whom hasn't seen this could mistake it for some sort of Paranormal Experience happening.