Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

70,000 dead fish wash up in Marina del Rey

UM-Bot

Authorities are attempting to explain how thousands of fish turned up dead off the Los Angeles coastline.

The alarm was raised on Saturday evening when police officers were called to investigate the appearance of tens of thousands of dead anchovies, sting rays, angel sharks and other species floating in the water off the marina.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266650/70000-dead-fish-wash-up-in-marina-del-rey

is that Lana's sister?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's HAARP that's responsible.

Wow, that is a lot of dead fish. I wonder what could possibly cause that? Could a powerful enough sonar blast do that?

is that Lana's sister?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's HAARP that's responsible.

They shut haarp down. chemtrails. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Wow, that is a lot of dead fish. I wonder what could possibly cause that? Could a powerful enough sonar blast do that?

They shut harp down.

That's what they want us to believe! How do we know they don't have HAARP 2 or MINI-HAARP? :yes:

Fukishima fish...someone needs to check if they have three eyes. :lol:

250px-Blinky.jpg

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 3

Fukishima fish...someone needs to check if they have three eyes. :lol:

250px-Blinky.jpg

All joking aside you may have a good point. Perhaps that is the cause

• Like 1

It's the algae I would think, there's supposedly a lot around Cali according to a google search at least, NatGeo was one reference.

Edited by WoIverine

Seems a bit.... sudden.. and localised.. for algae ? Wouldn't an algae bloom result in a gradual increase in dead fish, not 70,000 all at once ?

• Like 1

ok.. who dumped the bags and bags of marijuana for the coast of los angeles coastline ????

They found out Justin Bieber was takeing a dip down stream !

• Like 1

This happened in the 90's too. It's caused by the algae. When the Santa Ana winds blow they heat the surface of the water pretty quickly and any place it can get trapped, like the marina, can get icky fast. The stuff builds up like a smelly sludge on the surface. I remember it up in Ventura in the Channel around 2001-2 also.

• Like 3

Seems a bit.... sudden.. and localised.. for algae ? Wouldn't an algae bloom result in a gradual increase in dead fish, not 70,000 all at once ?

It's the sudden warming that happens because of the hot wind. The same hot winds that were fueling the brush fires there last week.

• Like 2

This just happened over night by my house in kemah, tx. Thousands of small fish, not sure what kind, just outside a popular restaurant i saw with my own eyes. The extent of it was far beyond that. Coincidence?

Here in the Gulf of Mexico, we get something called red tide that kills the fish. It is an algae and can be localized. Sometime it is natural and sometimes it is cause by too much phosphate and waste water pollution from run off. Being this was in a marina most likely cause is pollution from people dumping waste in the water.

Count your time on this Planet ! Everything Dies ! EVERYTHING !

not hard to explain really... you dont even knwo how much waste aroudn teh world also toxic waste is pourd into the oceans, then how many unreported oil incidents happen, then fuktushima ist was far wors ethen you think... so the ocians are basically a toxic waste, or at least if it goes on it soon will be. I am only wondering why this is not happening everyday, but yet again maybe ina frica and southamerica and in oteh rdeveloping countries that ahppens everyday who knows....

This just happened over night by my house in kemah, tx. Thousands of small fish, not sure what kind, just outside a popular restaurant i saw with my own eyes. The extent of it was far beyond that. Coincidence?

I hope so. If not the conspiracy theorists will ahve a field day!

On another post, I've heard of the Red Tide. I didn't think it occurred much. The algae is actually red, correct?

not hard to explain really... you dont even knwo how much waste aroudn teh world also toxic waste is pourd into the oceans, then how many unreported oil incidents happen, then fuktushima ist was far wors ethen you think... so the ocians are basically a toxic waste, or at least if it goes on it soon will be. I am only wondering why this is not happening everyday, but yet again maybe ina frica and southamerica and in oteh rdeveloping countries that ahppens everyday who knows....

Not so much.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-dead-fish-marina-del-rey-20140520-story.html

State wildlife officials investigating the die-off of thousands of anchovies in Marina del Rey over the weekend have concluded that the fish probably died because they sought refuge in the harbor, became trapped and used up all of the oxygen in the water.

Not so much.

http://www.latimes.c...0520-story.html

State wildlife officials investigating the die-off of thousands of anchovies in Marina del Rey over the weekend have concluded that the fish probably died because they sought refuge in the harbor, became trapped and used up all of the oxygen in the water.

"propapbly" is teh main word in your post. secondly why did they take refuge, and ussually harbours are very deep if they were chased by soem kind of monster it could followed them to the harbor.... no real explanation for me.

if they were chased by soem kind of monster it could followed them to the harbor....

yes, that probably sounds more likely.

:unsure2:

• Like 1

From events as of late in, on, and above the worlds oceans, it seems something sinister is lurking about out there in the deeps.

"propapbly" is teh main word in your post. secondly why did they take refuge, and ussually harbours are very deep if they were chased by soem kind of monster it could followed them to the harbor.... no real explanation for me.

So you doubt a wildlife and fisheries experts and counter with "soem (sic) kind of monster" - really?

BTW, when you're a sardine, pretty much everything is a monster.