Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dinosaur skull' photographed on Mars

UM-Bot

the only thing i could put an image to is on the upper right, looks like someone put rocks in the form of a 'round' house with a flat roof :)

i find the images of mars wonderful and all, but i really do not seem to see all these special images others see. It is almost like pple are forcing images out of things in order to convince others of things.

Somehow an ant has gotten into your comment

Table? I thought it looked like a trap door that's ajar.

We're probably looking at different rocks, I'm talking about the large shadowed area in the upper right hand side. I see what you mean about the trap door rock, though.

Photoshop?

I can dismiss all of these as rocks, but I'd still like someone to tell me what that spine looking thing on mars is.

http://files.aboveto.../pq512337d8.JPG

There is a thread discussing that image if you would like to continue its discussion or just give it a bump. :)

http://www.unexplain...pic=243782&st=0

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

We're probably looking at different rocks, I'm talking about the large shadowed area in the upper right hand side. I see what you mean about the trap door rock, though.

Yes, I see it now.

More pictures of rocks. Only NASA could make exploring Mars boring.

More pictures of rocks. Only NASA could make exploring Mars boring.

So you're expecting a Martian? Are our comments on this picture not entertaining enough? I thought we were having fun. :clap::passifier::alien:

Silly, that's swamp gas. Sheese. ;-) Actually that is a fascinating img. (heres more) Do you have a link to the photo strip that was discovered in?

No I do not, but it's bound to be there on Google somewhere I guess.

Money well spent NASA. I think I saw T-Rex on a piece of toast.

Photoshop?

I don't think so. It's a genuine picture of Curiosity that can be found here: http://mars.jpl.nasa...768E01_DXXX.jpg

This is the effect of pareidolia. Your brain will looks for patterns and interpret them according to familiar shapes and images. Pretty much like when you look at the clouds and see faces and figures. It's a bit annoying that some people choose to ignore this effect that can be easily demonstrated and self-induced when presenting such pictures as evidence. It is as if for some, ideology surpasses critical thinking.

I could tell which one they were talking about. The Huffington Post article showed an example that couldn't have been a T Rex skull. I don't think it was thought to be true and was just for fun. Headlines can be so deceiving sometimes, but I think UM is running out of material to print.

No actually it is the whatsupinthesky.com and ''UFO Sightings Daily'' websites that posted such article and video online and the Huffington Post UK merely reported it. It's stale ''news'' from April in fact. Some people really believe this picture to be real evidence of ancient life on Mars.

http://www.ufosighti...sity-rover.html

Edited by sam_comm

Well, I'm glad I live in a society where a dumbass can spot a dinosaur skull on Mars and still have some people believe it.

It's a bloody rock like all the other bloody rocks on that forsaken hell hole. Conditions for life didn't last long enough on Mars for the dissolved iron in it's oceans to precipitate out to create banded iron formations. The oceans vanished long before advanced life appeared. The iron that was in solution dried and was blown about by the wind and now coats the surface giving the planet it's distinct ruddy tint.

Edited by hammerclaw

The thing is it may "look" like a skull but did they bring it in for inspection? Or are they just assuming and telling others it's a skull when it's probably a rock. People see every shape on Mars & the Moon. I love how no one brings it in for testing though.

It actually doesn't look anything like a tyrannosaurid skull or any sort of dinosaur skull.

I agree

This reminds me of the way Carl Sagan explains observation using the planet Venus.

For as long as we've known about it, no one could see any surface features. When we got newer and more powerful telescopes, we pointed them at Venus, and that's all we could see -- a featureless disc. Totally covered with clouds. Well, the argument ran, what are clouds made of? Water! So if Venus is entirely covered with clouds, it must be very wet. The whole planet must be a swamp. And where there's a swamp, there are usually lots of plants. Heck, maybe even dinosaurs.

Observation: You can't see a thing. Conclusion: Dinosaurs.

:)

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: