Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How's Coast To Coast?

No Censorship

You can get some of Art Bell segments, some of them a few hour long clips at youtube. I have listened to some of his ghost to ghost segments recently. Also this site runs his old shows every day - its free http://www.u7radio.org/

There is another site i found on youtube but also you can get on itunes. it is also free. It's kind of like ghost to ghost segments on art bell. I found it on youtube searching for art bell shows. On youtube i get too many long commercials...don't know if that is a google setting of mine..but on itunes i can listen to hour long segments without interruption... its called http://www.realghoststoriesonline.com/

seems to be a husband and wife team. Not bad. I liked Art's style better but its all about ghosts nothing else. People can call in, but not live, tell their story or email them and they will read your stories. One negative they do not interrupt at all, even when the story teller is rambling. Art always brings them to a close or get's them to speed up. But its free. And I gave up on Snoorey years ago.

• Like 2

I like George I must be the only one who does. LOL

I Kinda' like him now but I remember when Art was there, I did not like Noory when he first took over.

this new guy they have now, on Saturdays, is like listening to paint dry

• 1 month later...

I listen to Noory on youtube with my tablet. I listen to it to go to sleep with. But Noory is such a tool that sometimes I don't go to sleep right away because I'm awake laughing.

• Like 1

There seems to be two kinds of Coast to Coast listeners. There are those that enjoy the passive, non-aggressive style of George Noory, then there are those that enjoy a little more of an edge such as with former Ian Punnet or George Knapp. The main audience that enjoy Noory are the weekday folk who cover the bulk of the audience. They are simpler people who might fall for the BS advertising for snake-oils and such that air in between, and they alone probably deliver most of the shows profits, but this is speculation. One thing that is for sure is that listenership has increased since Noory took over, but it is also hard to say if this is simply because he was riding Arts' wake.

In Noory’s defence, he is only human and not only does he have a lot material to review before each show, he also has appearances to make and places to go so he couldn't thoroughly prepare for each show, that would be a challenge for anyone. You're not giving him enough credit either since he seems to have a lot of energy for someone his age.

I also agree that the shows content became kind of a drag over the years, but to me, it's the content and not the hosts. It's like the whole paranormal world has been tapped out and debunked so much, it's little more than a waste of time listening to some schizoid trying to convince me there are giants roaming the planet. Yes it's all BS, but this is what people want to hear. If you tore a strip off of these people every time they went on, they wouldn't come back and others would likely do the same. There is a marketing concern here that is in balance, and as long as Noory can still attract the simple folk and keep that balance, his job is secure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can get some of Art Bell segments, some of them a few hour long clips at youtube. I have listened to some of his ghost to ghost segments recently. Also this site runs his old shows every day - its free http://www.u7radio.org/

There is another site i found on youtube but also you can get on itunes. it is also free. It's kind of like ghost to ghost segments on art bell. I found it on youtube searching for art bell shows. On youtube i get too many long commercials...don't know if that is a google setting of mine..but on itunes i can listen to hour long segments without interruption... its called http://www.realghoststoriesonline.com/

seems to be a husband and wife team. Not bad. I liked Art's style better but its all about ghosts nothing else. People can call in, but not live, tell their story or email them and they will read your stories. One negative they do not interrupt at all, even when the story teller is rambling. Art always brings them to a close or get's them to speed up. But its free. And I gave up on Snoorey years ago.

I just saw your post. Thanks for the information. I sometimes listen to Coast and other programs on You Tube. It's great to avoid the breaks. Speaking of ads, I also see more of them on You Tube now. My Ad Block stopped them in the past. I can't get away from them now, even when I watch short clips and songs. They must have some new way to get around our blocks.

• Like 1

I listen to Noory on youtube with my tablet. I listen to it to go to sleep with. But Noory is such a tool that sometimes I don't go to sleep right away because I'm awake laughing.

It's past the point of humor. It sometimes seems, from what I read, that his mistakes are intentional now.

• Like 1

There seems to be two kinds of Coast to Coast listeners. There are those that enjoy the passive, non-aggressive style of George Noory, then there are those that enjoy a little more of an edge such as with former Ian Punnet or George Knapp. The main audience that enjoy Noory are the weekday folk who cover the bulk of the audience. They are simpler people who might fall for the BS advertising for snake-oils and such that air in between, and they alone probably deliver most of the shows profits, but this is speculation. One thing that is for sure is that listenership has increased since Noory took over, but it is also hard to say if this is simply because he was riding Arts' wake.

In Noory’s defence, he is only human and not only does he have a lot material to review before each show, he also has appearances to make and places to go so he couldn't thoroughly prepare for each show, that would be a challenge for anyone. You're not giving him enough credit either since he seems to have a lot of energy for someone his age.

I also agree that the shows content became kind of a drag over the years, but to me, it's the content and not the hosts. It's like the whole paranormal world has been tapped out and debunked so much, it's little more than a waste of time listening to some schizoid trying to convince me there are giants roaming the planet. Yes it's all BS, but this is what people want to hear. If you tore a strip off of these people every time they went on, they wouldn't come back and others would likely do the same. There is a marketing concern here that is in balance, and as long as Noory can still attract the simple folk and keep that balance, his job is secure.

I agree with portions of your post. We part company when it comes to the main host, which is fine since we all have different opinions and tastes. I don't know which one of us is in the majority. I just know that I'm not alone in my feelings about Noory. There have been a lot of complaints for a lot of years. The strange thing is that I'm okay with all of the other hosts through the time when I regularly listened to the program. It's not like I have it out for Noory. I wish him and his loved ones well. It's just that I really and truly think that he's incompetent and inept at his job. My dissatisfaction is totally connected to his performance. I'm with you on your great points about saturation, though. You can hear only so many shows that were newsworthy in 1977.

• Like 2

Noory's show about "Black Eyed Children" was so hilarious that I had to finally find something else to listen to. I needed to sleep. I really like the hypnotic voice of Art Bell, but can't get him on my tablet. :no:

• Like 1

I have to agree with that. I sometimes listen to the old art bell shows and hate them. I do agree also with another poster that art's "hypnotic voice" was one of the reasons I got addicted. Whenever I could not sleep, i could put him on and enjoyed the hour or so before I drifted off. Whenever I listen to the replays, I hear the stories about alien abduction or the remote viewing dude, or the guy that claims the nasa connection and nasa is hiding discovery on mars...blah blah...and it makes me wonder how did I ever like the show. I never liked the religious themed shows, of which Noorey seems to turn every topic into...I quit listening to Noorey completely at least two years ago so maybe he has changed...but again I agree...the content is debunked. I think that can be true in many times in our life...a tv show or movie we once found funny or interesting but when we watch it many years later we can't understand why we loved it.

I still find some of the replays of art interesting...and still find his voice and pace hypnotizing...I guess I am just not as gullible. An example is JC. I use to wonder if he was Phil Hendrie..another radio personality and Art's friend.some of you old timers might remember his show. Mostly on KFI but then syndicated where he did voices of supposed guests with ridiculous stories making callers call into complain...was real fun. Art followed him at KFI in LA and Art would mention Phil sometimes. ..back in the late 90's I struggled with whether JC was a hoax or not...but now he clearly seems like a hoax. I am not sure why I struggled before. It seems so obvious now. I do have a new theory of who he is...quite farfetched since I have no evidence...But the voice of Dale Gribble on King of the Hill...lol....seems to fit. Johnny Harwick does it. Phil Hendrie did voices on King of the Hill too. Many speculated Phil was JC but I do not remember anyone speculating Johnny Harwick was JC. Next time you find a King of the Hill episode listen to Dale when he gets fired up...lol. Ok this might be better for another thread...but I still love art...He got me thru some really long nights when I could not sleep or kept me awake if I had an overnight road trip. I hope you are all smiling when you think of Art and all his shows back in the 90's and early 2000's, because I know I am.

• Like 2

Noory's show about "Black Eyed Children" was so hilarious that I had to finally find something else to listen to. I needed to sleep. I really like the hypnotic voice of Art Bell, but can't get him on my tablet. :no:

You can catch his old shows on You Tube and torrent sites. One member was kind enough to provide direct links to some of them. I really appreciate that. By the way, I caught the black-eyed kids show, and he ruined that one too.

• Like 1

yeah, I can't get him live until 1 am and Bell is on sirius radio and I don't want to pay for it, so it is always youtube on my tablet. The good thing is that the show lasts a few hours.

I really get a kick out of old Art Bell's call in "Time Travelers". But I don't get any sleep when I listen.

Edited by nigella
  • Like 1

yeah, I can't get him live until 1 am and Bell is on sirius radio and I don't want to pay for it, so it is always youtube on my tablet. The good thing is that the show lasts a few hours.

I really get a kick out of old Art Bell's call in "Time Travelers". But I don't get any sleep when I listen.

He ended his contract with sirius not long after he started. He wanted his shows to be streamable on the net and sirius said no. So art right now is not on any radio. He hinted a few months ago that something was coming but not heard anything yet. His website says He will return to radio july 2015. He has a non compete clause with sirius so they can keep him off for now.

http://artbell.com/

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 2

I just found out that Art isn't on radio at the moment, but is supposed to return 2015. Happened awhile back.

3000 explained it well. I knew that satellite radio was a bad fit for him. He should have gone with Cumulus since he was comfortable and familiar with regular radio. Of course, their contract might have been untenable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say I believe everything on Coast to Coast but I always enjoy a good laugh because some of the stuff I say is out there.

• Like 1

I can't say I believe everything on Coast to Coast but I always enjoy a good laugh because some of the stuff I say is out there.

Some of the stuff *you* say? Have you been on the show?

I meant to say they typo.

• Like 1

i've been listening on and off for a few years.

What i've noticed about George, is alot of the time it's as if he asks a question but doesn't pay attention to the answer, or at least not all of it.

He'll give a response, usually before cutting to break, like "absolutely" or "for sure".

The way he says it though, it's like he's just agreeing because he's at a loss for a more engaging response.

• Like 3

i've been listening on and off for a few years.

What i've noticed about George, is alot of the time it's as if he asks a question but doesn't pay attention to the answer, or at least not all of it.

He'll give a response, usually before cutting to break, like "absolutely" or "for sure".

The way he says it though, it's like he's just agreeing because he's at a loss for a more engaging response.

He's disengaged and distracted. It also seems like he tries to ruin good moments. If a caller has a great story, Noory will finish it for her/him. If a guest has a great story, Noory will stop it before the guest gets to the main point. These are two reasons that I don't listen to Coast when he hosts it. It's not worth the constant aggravation and predictable irritation. It's guaranteed that he'll kill all possibly terrific interviews. It's not even a "maybe" at this point!

• Like 3

I stopped listening to it, for the most part. Well, I don't listen to George Noory, even if the guests and/or subjects appeal to me when he hosts the show. Does anybody listen to it when he hosts it? If so, has he improved since the start of 2013?

How's Coast to Coast?

It's about like listening to idiots ramble on in their chronic astonishment that grass tends to get longer or that paint dries.

Harte

• Like 1

How's Coast to Coast?

It's about like listening to idiots ramble on in their chronic astonishment that grass tends to get longer or that paint dries.

Harte

I'm astonished when there's not a commercial. It seems like ads constitute 70% of the show now.

• Like 3

I'm astonished when there's not a commercial. It seems like ads constitute 70% of the show now.

Yeah, the advertising eats up a lot of time.

And while we're on that subject, correct me if i'm wrong but it occurred to me that prior to taking a break, George usually tries to sell you something.

None of the other hosts do that. Do they?

• Like 1

Yeah, the advertising eats up a lot of time.

And while we're on that subject, correct me if i'm wrong but it occurred to me that prior to taking a break, George usually tries to sell you something.

None of the other hosts do that. Do they?

I don't know if they do or not, to tell the truth. I know that some of the guest hosts try to "sell" Noory. "He's the Elvis Presley of the paranormal world." It blows their credibility when they say things like that. Syrett is bad for that kind of thing. He makes it sound like Noory is genuinely informed and involved. He makes Noory sound like Indiana Jones, someone who travels the globe to investigate the most baffling paranormal events. Noory likely does most of his research by watching You Tube clips of "In Search Of", if that.

• Like 2

I like George I must be the only one who does. LOL

Nope, you're not the only one. I love that show.

I'm not partial to any host, I'm only interested in the subjects that peek my interest.

Then it doesn't really matter who asks the questions, or what I project onto what I think the host believes/doesn't.

I just want access to the stories they tell and the theories they present.

Great show. Fun stuff. Lots of fluff and a few gems.

I download the content and put it on an mp3 player and listen on my long commutes when I'm working on a project.

It's so great to actually get excited about my drive home because I get to listen to a couple of folks talk about an interesting topic.

• Like 2

I was a fan of the show for many years, however when Noory took over the show he added the political dimension to the show, which I don't really care for, however that is not to say I don't disagree. The show did need a little more diversity, I just don't care for that diversity being in the political arena.

• Like 2