Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How's Coast To Coast?

No Censorship

I'll tell myself that if it's really bad. Expect a PM from me tomorrow though!

Did you hear the ghost story? If so, send all angry emails to the author.

• Like 1

howyasdoing !

I haven't listen to the broadcast for many moons...I think the thought of knowing that they're B.S ing people at times is why I rarely listen ...But , if I do listen , I get drawn in most of the time...whether I think it's maybe or maybe not true..

• Like 1

Did you hear the ghost story? If so, send all angry emails to the author.

I couldn't find Bill Bean on Coast to Coast on YouTube, but i did find him on other shows. I couldn't get through them though because all the shows would just talk about how terrible the haunting was but never give specifics. Just kept saying "read his book". I'm so curious I want to read the book but I'm a wimp!

• Like 1

I stopped listen

ing to it, for the most part. Well, I don't listen to George Noory, even if the guests and/or subjects appeal to me when he hosts the show. Does anybody listen to it when he hosts it? If so, has he improved since the start of 2013?

I listen to it, listening to it now.

But there are trends with C2C that I do not agree with. Right now, George has this trend of mentally focusing on "evil". Yet C2C refuses to have a specific guest on, Paul Levy, DISPELLING WETIKO, who can teach you to diminish the influence of "evil" in your life and in the world. If it has any bible thumping at all, which also seems to be a recent trend, I delete the podcast as a total waste of space on my computer, without listening to it, considering it a total waste of my time.

No, I don't think there is an improvement since 2013.

I think C2C has a lot of cronyism, as we hear from the same guests on a frequent basis. Some of the frequent guest are great. Some of them are not. Anyway, his cronyism has narrowed the variety and amount of hard-hitting guests.

So many gruests are simply insulting, like L A Marzuli, who said that the individual attention span is only twenty minutes when it comes to TV viewing. That insulted me and I found it completely inaccurate. Meanwhile, Netflix has coined the term "binge-viewing" where people view episode after episode without stopping. Insulting. But then Marzuli has a TV program, which requires commercials, that I simply do not watch.

However, there is something I would love to see on this forum: A forum thread where we can discuss the C2C recent shows. I don't go to the ones that C2C sets up because of the avoidance of infringing on privacy. I don't do facebook or twitter. I don't do anything that requires my real personal information. But there are things I would love to say with regards to a specific show and get some feedback on my thinking, would love to see what others are thinking of the same show.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

I listen only when George Noory doesn't host the show. I mute my radio when I hear his commercials.

Would you be willing to tell me why you avoid Noory?

He irritates me when he cuts people off at peak momenhts, when I really want them to continue what they are saying. When he picks up the show, he doesn't allow the earlier topic to continue. Oh that makes me irritated.

A major theme on his show is of personal and spiritual transformation. And he goes right along with it, thinking he has got it. But then one day I heard him say we needed to dropped a huge amounts of bombs on some ...I don't know,... faction that we have been told to hate by mainstream media. And this stance is a complete opposite of personal and spiritual transformation. But hey, we all live with personal contradictions. It is normal to contradict yourself.

I think he sits in judgement too much. I think he too often accepts the premises of events that mainstream media presents to the world, without questioning it. For example, the idea that N. Korea hacked Sony when it is highly unlikely that they did. He is too ready to accept the mainstream media slants.

I honestly believe he has heart for people, that he cares for others that are known and also unknown. I do like his voice. I like the variety of guests, if he can just avouid the Christian stuff.

I think his staff is unresponsive to suggestions, requests, and comments.

There is one more things I have to say, which is global and not totally focused on C2C, tho they do it too big time:

Why on earth do people think that people who have been in the military have more credibility than the general population, when it is entirely clear that the military is steeped in obfuscation and deception when it comes to allowing the truth to be aired to the public? I just don't get it!

I was not an Ian Punnett fan, again the Christian thing. I like John B. Wells and his interest in 9-11 truth. Got his show for a while. I like George Knapp. I like Linda M. Howe, the UFO event-reporting fella, the astronomy fella that is on frequently routinely.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

The only C2C host who irked me a bit was Ian.

I most prefer Knapp, but I also really enjoy Rollye James and Lisa Garr

• Like 3

I like Lisa Garr a lot too!!

• Like 2

Kind of disappointed with Richard Seret today. Why do they cut people off so soon?

• Like 1

howyasdoing !

I haven't listen to the broadcast for many moons...I think the thought of knowing that they're B.S ing people at times is why I rarely listen ...But , if I do listen , I get drawn in most of the time...whether I think it's maybe or maybe not true..

I know what you mean. Suspension of disbelief is required at times.

• Like 1

I couldn't find Bill Bean on Coast to Coast on YouTube, but i did find him on other shows. I couldn't get through them though because all the shows would just talk about how terrible the haunting was but never give specifics. Just kept saying "read his book". I'm so curious I want to read the book but I'm a wimp!

Try typing his book title into a search engine. You might find some good sites with more details.

• Like 1

I listen to it, listening to it now.

But there are trends with C2C that I do not agree with. Right now, George has this trend of mentally focusing on "evil". Yet C2C refuses to have a specific guest on, Paul Levy, DISPELLING WETIKO, who can teach you to diminish the influence of "evil" in your life and in the world. If it has any bible thumping at all, which also seems to be a recent trend, I delete the podcast as a total waste of space on my computer, without listening to it, considering it a total waste of my time.

No, I don't think there is an improvement since 2013.

I think C2C has a lot of cronyism, as we hear from the same guests on a frequent basis. Some of the frequent guest are great. Some of them are not. Anyway, his cronyism has narrowed the variety and amount of hard-hitting guests.

So many gruests are simply insulting, like L A Marzuli, who said that the individual attention span is only twenty minutes when it comes to TV viewing. That insulted me and I found it completely inaccurate. Meanwhile, Netflix has coined the term "binge-viewing" where people view episode after episode without stopping. Insulting. But then Marzuli has a TV program, which requires commercials, that I simply do not watch.

However, there is something I would love to see on this forum: A forum thread where we can discuss the C2C recent shows. I don't go to the ones that C2C sets up because of the avoidance of infringing on privacy. I don't do facebook or twitter. I don't do anything that requires my real personal information. But there are things I would love to say with regards to a specific show and get some feedback on my thinking, would love to see what others are thinking of the same show.

Noory is obsessed with demons and evil. He mentions them on most shows. He finds ways to work them into many conversations. He's an extremely negative individual. His attitude is reflected in his guests' views. You rarely hear upbeat guests. They spread doom and gloom. Steve Quayle, tonight's guest, is a case in point.

Yeah, Coast does sound like "The 700 Club" at times. The assumption seems to be that all of the audience are religious fundamentalists. Noory has a way of mixing those beliefs and New Age bromides. I miss the shows that were free of dogma. It doesn't matter if it's atheism or fundamentalism. I prefer programs that don't contain "preaching" of any kind. Just present the information without wrapping them in your particular belief system. It seems like the days of such guests, like Coleman, are gone.

Marzuli and Horn(?) are a lot like Quayle. There's a group of guests that push the view that all EBEs are demonic, and no opposing views are entertained. That seems to be the prevailing attitude on Coast now. IMO, that's reflected by the types of calls now, which seem to represent a small percentage of Bell's audience. Bell didn't allow callers to read long chapters and verses from the Bible. That's not how it is now. Some shows sound like the Gospel Hour.

If you started a thread for the shows, I would be very tempted to post in it. That's a great idea. It would give you a public place to vent. ;) Your anonymity would be safe for a bit (George probably has investigators on retainers).

• Like 1

Would you be willing to tell me why you avoid Noory?

He irritates me when he cuts people off at peak momenhts, when I really want them to continue what they are saying. When he picks up the show, he doesn't allow the earlier topic to continue. Oh that makes me irritated.

A major theme on his show is of personal and spiritual transformation. And he goes right along with it, thinking he has got it. But then one day I heard him say we needed to dropped a huge amounts of bombs on some ...I don't know,... faction that we have been told to hate by mainstream media. And this stance is a complete opposite of personal and spiritual transformation. But hey, we all live with personal contradictions. It is normal to contradict yourself.

I think he sits in judgement too much. I think he too often accepts the premises of events that mainstream media presents to the world, without questioning it. For example, the idea that N. Korea hacked Sony when it is highly unlikely that they did. He is too ready to accept the mainstream media slants.

I honestly believe he has heart for people, that he cares for others that are known and also unknown. I do like his voice. I like the variety of guests, if he can just avouid the Christian stuff.

I think his staff is unresponsive to suggestions, requests, and comments.

There is one more things I have to say, which is global and not totally focused on C2C, tho they do it too big time:

Why on earth do people think that people who have been in the military have more credibility than the general population, when it is entirely clear that the military is steeped in obfuscation and deception when it comes to allowing the truth to be aired to the public? I just don't get it!

I was not an Ian Punnett fan, again the Christian thing. I like John B. Wells and his interest in 9-11 truth. Got his show for a while. I like George Knapp. I like Linda M. Howe, the UFO event-reporting fella, the astronomy fella that is on frequently routinely.

Why do I avoid him? Some reasons are in your post. The bottom line is that, no matter how great a guest or subject seems, he ruins it. Like you say, he stops stories during the most interesting parts of them. He relies on a script for each program. He won't deviate from it. "What got you interested in this?" You and others know the drill. You've heard it a million times. The thing that bugged me the most was his constant mentions of dead and hurt kids. He seemed to have some kind of weird fixation on such tragedies. I guess that was the proverbial straw that made me an ex-listener.

• Like 1

I can listen to any host....who isn't George Noory. Knapp is at the top of my list, though.

I like Lisa Garr a lot too!!

I like *her*, but I'm not crazy about some of her topics, They're a bit too New Age for me.

Kind of disappointed with Richard Seret today. Why do they cut people off so soon?

I still like him, but he can be disappointing at times. He sometimes neglects to challenge questionable comments. He's much better than Noory in that regard, but he's not as good as he was in the past, as if he has to take it down two or three notches in order to not outshine the "star" of the show. Demonstrably far superior guest hosts sometimes have very short careers on Coast.

Try typing his book title into a search engine. You might find some good sites with more details.

Thanks for the advice, I will try that for sure!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I will try that for sure!

You're welcome. Wikipedia should be a good source for a summary of the case. There are just a few ghost stories that bothered and frightened me more than Bean's tale. The Bell Witch legend is one of them.

You're welcome. Wikipedia should be a good source for a summary of the case. There are just a few ghost stories that bothered and frightened me more than Bean's tale. The Bell Witch legend is one of them.

I just started reading some stuff now and I was like "Actually...maybe ill wait until im not about to go to bed!"

• Like 1

Noory is obsessed with demons and evil. He mentions them on most shows. He finds ways to work them into many conversations. He's an extremely negative individual. His attitude is reflected in his guests' views. You rarely hear upbeat guests. They spread doom and gloom. Steve Quayle, tonight's guest, is a case in point.

Yeah, Coast does sound like "The 700 Club" at times. The assumption seems to be that all of the audience are religious fundamentalists. Noory has a way of mixing those beliefs and New Age bromides. I miss the shows that were free of dogma. It doesn't matter if it's atheism or fundamentalism. I prefer programs that don't contain "preaching" of any kind. Just present the information without wrapping them in your particular belief system. It seems like the days of such guests, like Coleman, are gone.

Marzuli and Horn(?) are a lot like Quayle. There's a group of guests that push the view that all EBEs are demonic, and no opposing views are entertained. That seems to be the prevailing attitude on Coast now. IMO, that's reflected by the types of calls now, which seem to represent a small percentage of Bell's audience. Bell didn't allow callers to read long chapters and verses from the Bible. That's not how it is now. Some shows sound like the Gospel Hour.

If you started a thread for the shows, I would be very tempted to post in it. That's a great idea. It would give you a public place to vent. ;) Your anonymity would be safe for a bit (George probably has investigators on retainers).

I am listening to Quayle. More bible thumping. He thinks that if we attack the church, we attack Jesus. I really dislike the bible thumping. Quayle was fear-mongering again today. I have not found him to be accurate on anything other things he has said. However, I confess I do not keep his quest spots like I do so many others, just because of the bible thumping.

I am seriously considering NOT being an insider. Because I think I would be far more happier if I didn't even HEAR some of the bull hockey that seems to come from C2C. But I also, every once in while, like anthony peake or Wanta and the TimeTraks people, that makes it worth the while.

However, even before Quayle spoke on C2C, I know something is going to happen to this country in late 2015. I am not going to define it as good or bad. Just know that it is absent of emotional charge, but will entail hard work.

Let's just use this thread for a running commentary on recent C2C shows. Are you game?

That is another thing is dislike, Noory is trying to sell his "friends" books, so doesn't allow the guests to get down to the nitty-gritty. Generally, I tend to buy books suggested on Aeonbytes and Red Ice, but not on what is released on C2C.

just now listening to Connie Willis. She has a happy sound to her voice.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

I am listening to Quayle. More bible thumping. He thinks that if we attack the church, we attack Jesus. I really dislike the bible thumping. Quayle was fear-mongering again today. I have not found him to be accurate on anything other things he has said. However, I confess I do not keep his quest spots like I do so many others, just because of the bible thumping.

I am seriously considering NOT being an insider. Because I think I would be far more happier if I didn't even HEAR some of the bull hockey that seems to come from C2C. But I also, every once in while, like anthony peake or Wanta and the TimeTraks people, that makes it worth the while.

However, even before Quayle spoke on C2C, I know something is going to happen to this country in late 2015. I am not going to define it as good or bad. Just know that it is absent of emotional charge, but will entail hard work.

Let's just use this thread for a running commentary on recent C2C shows. Are you game?

That is another thing is dislike, Noory is trying to sell his "friends" books, so doesn't allow the guests to get down to the nitty-gritty. Generally, I tend to buy books suggested on Aeonbytes and Red Ice, but not on what is released on C2C.

just now listening to Connie Willis. She has a happy sound to her voice.

I'm game for that. I can't listen to Noory, though. :lol: I won't list all of the reasons why on the forum because it might seem crazy to his fans or the non-listeners. I could send the list to you, though.

Quayle can be entertaining, although he can be aggravating and irritating too. His shows on giants are fun to hear. He sounds like he really believes what he says. That helps with one's suspension of disbelief. Both he and the callers sound like they're on a early-morning AM church show, so I agree with you about that. Either Tommy screens out the non-religious, or they don't receive many calls for them because they don't listen to the program. You don't hear anyone disagree with the fundamentalist guests in a meaningful way. My only question is how ostensible Christians can regularly try to pass fiction/speculation as facts without thinking twice about it.

• Like 1

I'm game for that. I can't listen to Noory, though. :lol: I won't list all of the reasons why on the forum because it might seem crazy to his fans or the non-listeners. I could send the list to you, though.

Quayle can be entertaining, although he can be aggravating and irritating too. His shows on giants are fun to hear. He sounds like he really believes what he says. That helps with one's suspension of disbelief. Both he and the callers sound like they're on a early-morning AM church show, so I agree with you about that. Either Tommy screens out the non-religious, or they don't receive many calls for them because they don't listen to the program. You don't hear anyone disagree with the fundamentalist guests in a meaningful way. My only question is how ostensible Christians can regularly try to pass fiction/speculation as facts without thinking twice about it.

Even today, on podcast, from last night's show, we have a person who is quoting the bible. YUCK! it is like George is joining in on the agenda of religious wars and of fear-mongering. Which I simply will not tolerate nor join. His reputation is, as far as I and my family are concerned, is rapidly diminishing. What is he doing, bringning in his AA issues? My brother, who is the one who got me to become an insider years ago, has also stopped listening to C2C, prefering music instead. He is happier doing this too. That matters a lot. I more listen to Red Ice radio these days. Maybe that is where I will put my money next.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

howyasdoing !

I suspend most times the need to determine whether I believe or disbelieve. Rather I listen to the content with the intent that the person is presenting it, try to determine if they are lying or not, and how this information literally makes my body feel while thinking about it. I love to think. And lots of even inaccurate information teaches me things that perhaps the guest didn't intend.

• Like 1

Even today, on podcast, from last night's show, we have a person who is quoting the bible. YUCK! it is like George is joining in on the agenda of religious wars and of fear-mongering. Which I simply will not tolerate nor join. His reputation is, as far as I and my family are concerned, is rapidly diminishing. What is he doing, bringning in his AA issues? My brother, who is the one who got me to become an insider years ago, has also stopped listening to C2C, prefering music instead. He is happier doing this too. That matters a lot. I more listen to Red Ice radio these days. Maybe that is where I will put my money next.

George is a Fundamentalist when his guest is a Fundamentalist. He's a New Age devotee when his guest is a New Age devotee. He goes along to get along because he doesn't like "fighting and fussing". That's his excuse for seldom disagreeing with any comment made by his guests.

I listen to a few alternatives, but I won't mention them because of my latent superstitious nature. In the past, bad or weird things happened to hosts and shows that I enjoyed after I mentioned them. I wondered if Norry still practiced black magic. ;) Let's hope that Red Ice Radio is safe from one of his spells!

• Like 1

George is a Fundamentalist when his guest is a Fundamentalist. He's a New Age devotee when his guest is a New Age devotee. He goes along to get along because he doesn't like "fighting and fussing". That's his excuse for seldom disagreeing with any comment made by his guests.

I listen to a few alternatives, but I won't mention them because of my latent superstitious nature. In the past, bad or weird things happened to hosts and shows that I enjoyed after I mentioned them. I wondered if Norry still practiced black magic. ;) Let's hope that Red Ice Radio is safe from one of his spells!

He is, I am discovering. Recently converted. Some of this friends are institutional pagans as well, tho.

Noory is really wanting to distribute fear about terrorist. My reaction to his spouting on terrorism is that we should really stop paying the CIA to develep, train and pay those terrorist we are so pushed to fear by just about everyone. Sorry, IS is CIA, funded by the Saudis. that is how it is in my mind. Sometimes you just know these things.

I really did enjoy the Valient Thor episode. Not an L. A Marzuli fan, as he was mentions.

My recent thought. You know that George lost his sister recently. I think she played a trick on him and he accidently shaved off his soup-strainer.

Just tonight I listened to the Torah code. We hear Christianity poop just about every day now. I am waiting for Noory to be fair and have Islam represented. If not, we will KNOW for sure that the Christian agenda is taking the forefront on Coast to Coast.

Edited by regeneratia

He is, I am discovering. Recently converted. Some of this friends are institutional pagans as well, tho.

Noory is really wanting to distribute fear about terrorist. My reaction to his spouting on terrorism is that we should really stop paying the CIA to develep, train and pay those terrorist we are so pushed to fear by just about everyone. Sorry, IS is CIA, funded by the Saudis. that is how it is in my mind. Sometimes you just know these things.

I really did enjoy the Valient Thor episode. Not an L. A Marzuli fan, as he was mentions.

My recent thought. You know that George lost his sister recently. I think she played a trick on him and he accidently shaved off his soup-strainer.

Just tonight I listened to the Torah code. We hear Christianity poop just about every day now. I am waiting for Noory to be fair and have Islam represented. If not, we will KNOW for sure that the Christian agenda is taking the forefront on Coast to Coast.

I'm cool with all kinds of religious shows. Ian was a great host for those kinds of subjects. He could handle a program that explains how Shia and Sunni factions differ within Islam, for instance. He could present the facts in a dispassionate manner without linking the information to terrorism. I like shows on religious cults too, as long as they're accurate and objective. What I don't like is presenting general shows through a philosophical lens that interprets the show (ESP, UFOs, ghosts, whatever) in a way that exactly fits the biases of the guest, to the absolute exclusion of different points of view. It's fine if they do a rare show on "demonic EBEs", but don't advertise it as a general UFO show. That's false advertising.

• Like 1