Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How's Coast To Coast?

No Censorship

art just announced he is not coming back soon, due to no money for bumper music

He still plans to return in July. This is just a "problem" that can be solved if he does live streaming via KNYE.

• Like 1

I listen only when George Noory doesn't host the show. I mute my radio when I hear his commercials.

Not everyone can be Art Bell. I always thought George sounded like the affable comedic actor, John Candy. Who I always enjoyed when he was in "Second City T.V.", and especially in the movie,

"Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".

I pick and choose the shows I listen to according to the subject matter. Not regarding the hosts.

I also turn down the commercials, which are present whoever the host is. They tend to blast them, which I hate.

Edited by Holographic60
  • Like 1

Not everyone can be Art Bell. I always thought George sounded like the affable comedic actor, John Candy. Who I always enjoyed when he was in "Second City T.V.", and especially in the movie,

"Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".

I pick and choose the shows I listen to according to the subject matter. Not regarding the hosts.

I also turn down the commercials, which are present whoever the host is. They tend to blast them, which I hate.

To each their own. Let's just say that Noory isn't my cup of pee. I find him to be incompetent and inept. In my opinion, his shows are unlistenable. I listen to Coast only when other people host it. Of course, that depends on the guests and the subjects. It's really a moot point, though. There are dozens of good alternatives to the poorly-hosted infomercial.

• Like 3

To each their own. Let's just say that Noory isn't my cup of pee. I find him to be incompetent and inept. In my opinion, his shows are unlistenable. I listen to Coast only when other people host it. Of course, that depends on the guests and the subjects. It's really a moot point, though. There are dozens of good alternatives to the poorly-hosted infomercial.

Snoory is all commercial and amazingly stupid. I stopped listening years ago. Every show is a search for angels and right wing conspiracy. Of course Snoory is really not paying attention. None of his questions make any sense. He is reading from a list Tommy hands him. He belongs on some Sunday morning religious show for shut ins and nuts. He ruined a once good show. Hope Art comes back, but you are right, Snoory is irrelevant since there are plenty of alternatives to late night. There might have been some back in the Art hay day but I never had to look then. I don't think I have listened to C2CAM for at least 5 years because of Snoory. I tried for a few years to listen only to Ian and Knapp on Sunday's but even then Snoory showed up on occasion. Ian finally quit I guess. Not sure if he ever does the show anymore. Well good luck to Art. Snoory must have some pics of Clear Channel management with farm animals. I am done with my rant.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 3

Snoory is all commercial and amazingly stupid. I stopped listening years ago. Every show is a search for angels and right wing conspiracy. Of course Snoory is really not paying attention. None of his questions make any sense. He is reading from a list Tommy hands him. He belongs on some Sunday morning religious show for shut ins and nuts. He ruined a once good show. Hope Art comes back, but you are right, Snoory is irrelevant since there are plenty of alternatives to late night. There might have been some back in the Art hay day but I never had to look then. I don't think I have listened to C2CAM for at least 5 years because of Snoory. I tried for a few years to listen only to Ian and Knapp on Sunday's but even then Snoory showed up on occasion. Ian finally quit I guess. Not sure if he ever does the show anymore. Well good luck to Art. Snoory must have some pics of Clear Channel management with farm animals. I am done with my rant.

Your next to last sentence might explain things. It's funny (in more ways than one), but you're not the only person who has that theory. You can read the same joke or similar jokes on another board. That's assuming that it's not true. My theory is that Noory sold his soul to the devil. In *this* case, the devil wants to break the bargain and void the contract. It's too much, even for him. Where is the ghost of Daniel Webster when you need him?

IAN??!! Carap!

My understanding is that he was terminated. And, sorry, but none too soon, imo.

• Like 1

IAN??!! Carap!

Ian wasn't terminated. He quit to further his education, and he also had hearing issues.

• Like 2

IAN??!! Carap!

I guess you don't like Ian. Well not sure people fired by an organization who thinks Noory is a good host are not all bad. In fact I would wear it as a badge. Ian at least pays attention to the topic and actually thinks about his next question. Maybe it went over your head. Bought any gold lately?

• Like 2

I guess you don't like Ian. Well not sure people fired by an organization who thinks Noory is a good host are not all bad. In fact I would wear it as a badge. Ian at least pays attention to the topic and actually thinks about his next question. Maybe it went over your head. Bought any gold lately?

Ian wasn't fired. See my earlier post. As far as I know, he left on good terms with both Noory and the suits. Hopefully, his tinnitus is now gone. I agree with your take on Punnett. He's one of the best conversationalists on any talk show in any era. That's true for both the radio and the internet. Some of his mannerisms bug me, but some of *my* own mannerisms bug me too. All in all, he's one of the best out there. He plans and prepares for his programs, and his conversations have a normal ebb and flow to them. He doesn't read a list of the same questions, that seem like they're written on a piece of paper, on every show. He's capable of conducting fantastic interviews off the top of his head. He asks and says the things that many of us would ask and say. If a guest says something very interesting, he'll get as much information about it as he can. He won't ignore it so that he can read the next question, which may be a non-sequitur, on his thirteen-year-old list. Another thing that makes his old Saturday night shows great is the odd stuff that's out of the Coast box. Granted, not all of them are winners (flotsam and jetsam come to mind), but some of them are among the best shows in the Coast canon. No one can yet fill the niche/void that he left, although a few weekend hosts are very good at their particular schtick. He's irreplaceable, though. I hope that he does Saturday nights for Art when he returns! :)

• Like 1

Ian wasn't fired. See my earlier post. As far as I know, he left on good terms with both Noory and the suits. Hopefully, his tinnitus is now gone. I agree with your take on Punnett. He's one of the best conversationalists on any talk show in any era. That's true for both the radio and the internet. Some of his mannerisms bug me, but some of *my* own mannerisms bug me too. All in all, he's one of the best out there. He plans and prepares for his programs, and his conversations have a normal ebb and flow to them. He doesn't read a list of the same questions, that seem like they're written on a piece of paper, on every show. He's capable of conducting fantastic interviews off the top of his head. He asks and says the things that many of us would ask and say. If a guest says something very interesting, he'll get as much information about it as he can. He won't ignore it so that he can read the next question, which may be a non-sequitur, on his thirteen-year-old list. Another thing that makes his old Saturday night shows great is the odd stuff that's out of the Coast box. Granted, not all of them are winners (flotsam and jetsam come to mind), but some of them are among the best shows in the Coast canon. No one can yet fill the niche/void that he left, although a few weekend hosts are very good at their particular schtick. He's irreplaceable, though. I hope that he does Saturday nights for Art when he returns! :)

Now that you mention it, I remember the tinnitus and he was leaving for that. the other poster said he was fired but I just could not remember what he said at the time. I had to google it but he left around Dec 2011 that time except for a few weekends. I guess that is about the time I stopped listening on the weekends. I had stopped listened to Noory a few years before that. I do remember that Walls fellow taking over for Ian but could not stand him, so I just quit listening all together. Noory could have a great physicist on his show talking about Physics and Noory would probably ask, you think angels were created in the big bang or was it the other way around? and the mindless screened callers who had to spend a couple of minutes when they first came on telling Noory what a great guy he was as he gushed and giggled. and that stupid song he had written claiming that a friend wrote it in his honor..clearly wanting to act like Art who actually had a song written for him by Crytal Gayle. then there is the rambling Christian nuts snoory let talk and quote the bible for several minutes while he took a nap. I am having flashbacks of the pain as I turned my computer off. lol.

• Like 1

This weekend was a good series of shows. Loved them. I have read the Montauk series of books. It was part of the tainting of the "honor the military" meme we have been handed all our lives. Then the officers in the military also handed me some meme-erasing memories.

When it came time for my son to go to Star Base program, I kept him home. A mental alarm was set off when I had to fill out a three page permission slip directly for the military which including asking for my health insurance policy number and health issues of my son. That is outrageous. No military is going to touch my son. I odn't even want active military officer or recruiter in the same room with my son these days. Needless to say, I have no faith whatsoever in the higher ups in the military. Now the average man who thinks he is doing a good thing for his country, I can respect. I live too close to a plethora of military officers and I know personally just who immoral most of them are.

George was PR for the Navy. Scary and not at all trustworthy.

I do like the Preston Nichols interviews, and have read most of the Peter Moon books on Montauk.

I was glad to see Dr. John Hall again. Interesting. And I have the remedy to the topic of his issues.

Edited by regeneratia

Now that you mention it, I remember the tinnitus and he was leaving for that. the other poster said he was fired but I just could not remember what he said at the time. I had to google it but he left around Dec 2011 that time except for a few weekends. I guess that is about the time I stopped listening on the weekends. I had stopped listened to Noory a few years before that. I do remember that Walls fellow taking over for Ian but could not stand him, so I just quit listening all together. Noory could have a great physicist on his show talking about Physics and Noory would probably ask, you think angels were created in the big bang or was it the other way around? and the mindless screened callers who had to spend a couple of minutes when they first came on telling Noory what a great guy he was as he gushed and giggled. and that stupid song he had written claiming that a friend wrote it in his honor..clearly wanting to act like Art who actually had a song written for him by Crytal Gayle. then there is the rambling Christian nuts snoory let talk and quote the bible for several minutes while he took a nap. I am having flashbacks of the pain as I turned my computer off. lol.

He has been asking some pretty silly questions in the past couple of days too, on very serious topics. I think he forgets that some of the audience are highly educated. Two times in the last week, I have seen a situation where it seemed to be a trap for the guest, one was when he asked the guest should people vaccinate or not. And also George wanted to talk about an off-topic family issue.

Edited by regeneratia

Look, you're fans of Art, as many are, who said about Noory that, "he gets it".

If I wanted to tune into any number of talk shows about anything, I could. How many are there?

I tuned into Coast to Coast to listen about the unusual.

Seems to me that Ian did not, "get it". I'm sure he may do well on another talk program.

It's not about his intelligence, or talent.

Seems he eshewed subject matter of the mystical, and paranormal, which is what the program is about, essentially.

If you think you are "above" that topic matter, then why would you tune in?

So, maybe I can get an answer on something which has eluded me. That bumper song about "Phaedra" by Nancy Sinatra? Art once said he would spend some time explaining what that's about, but, I never heard him do so.

Said it had a story behined it?

Anyone ever hear him explain that?

Edited by Holographic60

Detective, you used the word "conversationalist," and that is precisely the word I have always used to describe Ian's programs: he had actual, real CONVERSATIONS with his guests. He prepared well in advance, but once in studio, he listened to his guests. His responses and questions were largely driven by things the guests offered in conversation, a true back-and-forth, give-and-take.

Like you, I was occasionally bothered by some of Ian's mannerisms, but like you, I'm bothered by some of my own. And over the years, some of them became almost endearing to me, kind of the way annoying little things about family members and close friends become endearing. Those little imperfections make us--and talk show hosts--human. And they keep talk show hosts from sounding like canned cookie-cutter "perfection," a real turn off to me.

A key difference between Ian and Snoory on this point: Snoory is entirely annoying, while Ian was a great host with a few imperfections.

I miss him and think of him often, a truly good human being. Hope life and health are treating him well.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread--with my failing memory, I might even have mentioned it, so apologies in advance if I'm repeating information,

If you're looking for C2C alternatives, please give Thinking Sideways a try. I've been listening to this crew on and off for about six months now, and they've rapidly shot to the top of my favorite podcast list. The topics are varied, fresh, intriguing (to me, at least), and even topics I initially don't think I'm going to like, they *make* interesting. The 3 hosts have good rapport and humor, but they're serious: they do their homework.

/End plug. (And no, I don't know these people, have no vested interest other than thinking they're a great listen.)

• Like 1

Look, you're fans of Art, as many are, who said about Noory that, "he gets it".

If I wanted to tune into any number of talk shows about anything, I could. How many are there?

I tuned into Coast to Coast to listen about the unusual.

Seems to me that Ian did not, "get it". I'm sure he may do well on another talk program.

It's not about his intelligence, or talent.

Seems he eshewed subject matter of the mystical, and paranormal, which is what the program is about, essentially.

If you think you are "above" that topic matter, then why would you tune in?

So, maybe I can get an answer on something which has eluded me. That bumper song about "Phaedra" by Nancy Sinatra? Art once said he would spend some time explaining what that's about, but, I never heard him do so.

Said it had a story behined it?

Anyone ever hear him explain that?

Art admits that Noory is bad at his job. Doubt me, and I'll provide his exact statements.

I felt your pain last night when I listened to about an hour of the show. Noory joked that he and his staff were robots. In this case, you had to *not* be there. His gag was appropriate in at least one way. Many people noticed that a soundboard could replace him since he always uttered the same comments and questions. "What got you started in this? What's the most fascinating experience you've ever had? Where can we buy your books? Well, that's true too." I read that he made one or two huge gaffes last week. He made it sound like he wanted ISIS to wreak havoc here. The guest asked him what he meant, and he repeated the same misstatement. They also added a new segment to the program. It seemed like it was another "health" commercial for C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A. The guy, who read the script, said that Vitamin E could cure or treat muscular dystrophy. These new spots probably are just new ways to kill time. Maybe they lost some of the paid callers you mentioned. Most of the calls, that I heard, had little or nothing to do with the paranormal. They sounded like small talk between guys at a barber shop. BTW, Noory claimed that he knew Prince Albert, on a prior show.

Detective, you used the word "conversationalist," and that is precisely the word I have always used to describe Ian's programs: he had actual, real CONVERSATIONS with his guests. He prepared well in advance, but once in studio, he listened to his guests. His responses and questions were largely driven by things the guests offered in conversation, a true back-and-forth, give-and-take.

Like you, I was occasionally bothered by some of Ian's mannerisms, but like you, I'm bothered by some of my own. And over the years, some of them became almost endearing to me, kind of the way annoying little things about family members and close friends become endearing. Those little imperfections make us--and talk show hosts--human. And they keep talk show hosts from sounding like canned cookie-cutter "perfection," a real turn off to me.

A key difference between Ian and Snoory on this point: Snoory is entirely annoying, while Ian was a great host with a few imperfections.

I miss him and think of him often, a truly good human being. Hope life and health are treating him well.

I share your good wishes for Ian Punnett. Maybe he'll start a podcast or program that will capture the mood and the vibe of his Coast shows. Hopefully, true crime will be a part of it. His shows on the alleged Smiley Face Killer(s) are captivating. They remind me of aural books by Maury Terry. You go back and forth on whether or not the claims are valid, but they never sound impossible. They're more head-scratchers than eye-rollers, and that's the best position for these kinds of claims. That's where speculative programs should be. Think D.B. Cooper and Jack the Ripper. Some theories are better than others, and presentation is key. Put suspension of disbelief in the mix, and it's as good as it gets for the listening audience. George Knapp has great shows on organized crime, so all is not lost on that front.

Many people also enjoy Ian's shows about odd subjects that may or may not fit into the traditional paranormal category. This is like a missing ingredient in the current incarnation of the program. For example, I miss his takes on countercultural organizations, like religious cults. They are in his wheelhouse.

I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread--with my failing memory, I might even have mentioned it, so apologies in advance if I'm repeating information,

If you're looking for C2C alternatives, please give Thinking Sideways a try. I've been listening to this crew on and off for about six months now, and they've rapidly shot to the top of my favorite podcast list. The topics are varied, fresh, intriguing (to me, at least), and even topics I initially don't think I'm going to like, they *make* interesting. The 3 hosts have good rapport and humor, but they're serious: they do their homework.

/End plug. (And no, I don't know these people, have no vested interest other than thinking they're a great listen.)

There are *so many* enjoyable alternatives out there. It's always a good sign, like you say above, when guests make boring (to you) subjects interesting. As we and others know all too well, some hosts have a knack for doing just the reverse. They turn Crystal Light into urine samples.

Art admits that Noory is bad at his job. Doubt me, and I'll provide his exact statements.

Well, feel free to "provide" away, D.M. Providing the resource link, of course.

Well, feel free to "provide" away, D.M. Providing the resource link, of course.

I'll provide a relatively kind comment from Art Bell's Facebook post on August 30, 2013. Art Bell: "He [George Noory] has become lazy and does not pay attention."

No, he had a battaliasn moving from somewhere to somewhere when they came across it, ... In Iraq. He waited years to report it, having made a pact with his fellow "travellers" not to speak of it at a military level. I saw his face following his telling of it. I saw his worry. I saw this trepidation. I saw no microexpressions of telling a lie. I saw worry, not because he saw something, but that he talked about it. I was there. I assessed the situation and came away with conclusions no one else directed for me. I was there, in person, to assess for myself. He was not lying. On that day, neither was Salas.

Yeah, you mention one of the reasons why I always challenge the military witness. Mind-Control is a big thing, even in the society we live in. It is far more likely to be used within the military. I don't find military associations good for credibility. It is just a meme that I refuse to accept, the meme that says that the military participants are more credible than the rest of us, once I personally experienced military associates and after decades of watching them behave in far less than honorable manners (after a helicopter flies presently above, what is up? I always say prayers in case it is a medical issue). Jim Harold always thinks the military people have more credibility than any other witness. However I think the exact opposite. I just cannot accept the meme he does.

I have the day off, cooler than yesterday, to being outside is not pleasurable as yesterday. But anyway, I listened to the first part of last night's podcast. It talked about a girl who thought she was dead. Made me think of working on a psych unit (not in nursing school, but as a job) one day. I didn't normally work there but they needed help and I was willing to give it a go. I don't like sitting around the nurses' station so I sat with the patients. A girl almost immediately leaned over to me and said, "Sometimes I have to cut myself to make sure I am still alive." I wasn't expecting that. LOL. This is before self-mutilation was more socially-acceptable. She showed me the marks on her arm. I said to her, "Wow, you make me want to figure out what it is that makes me feel alive." I sat and thought for a while, and she waited. Then I said, "LOVE. Loving someone one else, whether they deserve that love or not, is what makes me feel alive. Being loved by someone, whether I deserve it or not, makes me feel alive." I don't remember much of the conversation after that. But we were confortable with each other and she knew she could trust me.

9-11 was a indeed a target for a long time. It had asbestos in it, and the clean up would have probably cost far greater than the worth of the building. It was indeed a target. Whose target is the biggest question?

I always love seeing you. You and your icon delight me everytime I see you. If you want to be on the friends list, or to have me on yours, I would be willing. I keep my friends hidden on the profile because I do a lot of independent thinking that I don't want to have associated with my beloved friends.

Oh my gosh feb 9th. and I'm just finding this now . I'm so sorry Regeneratia , I don't know how I missed it. You always have the best things to talk about , always. And you have this enormous love for everyne, I like that so much ((hug))..

I feel bad about that girl you mentioned , the one that cuts herself to feel , that's really sad . I think when Marilyn Manson was the it guy in music a lot of his followers were cutters and things of that nature . I'm not sure if he had any ifluence on the person you seen there . Seems like when you come across a person in such a bad mind frame you can't help but o wonder what happened to them, what did they experienece , and you just want to fix it , make them beetr so they can feel the way they deserve to feel which is love and other emotions but seemed that she was consumed with something . Thats just so aweful . How do you let all that go when the days work is over I'm wondering . Especially that you care so greatly.

I agree about the mind control and the military . It's odd how the military are at times -I want to say whe they are brainwshed , but I feel bad to say it. I get why sometimes it's needed . I get why they have to be pyched .And just because we are civilian and they are military doesn't mean that a military personal is always right over us. I respect that they are there to defend us , but I don't respect anyone especially a military person if they are guilty of what you've mentioned that you've seen them behave in the manner of dishonnor. That's a dishonnor to us all if that's so . I have a lot of army copters that fly over me daily . I can usually tell if it's coast guard or army , bayflight or police are uncertain to tell apart .

The entire 9/11 thing .I went through a series of mixed emotions . At first I was unawre of what the conspircay was . like I had no idea at al about any of it. Till people started teling me things and showing me stuff , including that we were warned of it happening before it did by others .That was a hard pill to swallow. Then after the wars happened I couldn't stand the president anymore mainly because of all I was being told about that and because of all the soldiers returning home dead , and those terror alerts on T.V. I started to consider that became nothing but pys ops after so long . I think that yeah it was targeted for a long time and then it happened . But I also wonder why didn't Clinton take out Osama when he had opportunity to , maybe none of this would have ever been. Among other things I just wonder .Why.

Oh of course I am willing to be your friend. I would like that very much . And I as well always enjoy seeing you here , there's so much goodness about you, you're very warm caring and nice. I see you're like that to us all . I admire that very much. It is well noticed .

see you laer my friend. ((hug))

Snoory ? lol

• Like 1

Man that burns me. C2C had a caller who was a medical professional for the military. He was talking about how the military is messing around with viruses to create specific conditions in humans. Of course, George, ex-military PR, cut him right off. Typical George. The truth cannot be had with him. YET for the last couple of days, he has been talking about Missouri people dying of rapid-killing, unidentified viruses. DOH!

Edited by regeneratia

Oh my gosh feb 9th. and I'm just finding this now . I'm so sorry Regeneratia , I don't know how I missed it. You always have the best things to talk about , always. And you have this enormous love for everyne, I like that so much ((hug))..

I feel bad about that girl you mentioned , the one that cuts herself to feel , that's really sad . I think when Marilyn Manson was the it guy in music a lot of his followers were cutters and things of that nature . I'm not sure if he had any ifluence on the person you seen there . Seems like when you come across a person in such a bad mind frame you can't help but o wonder what happened to them, what did they experienece , and you just want to fix it , make them beetr so they can feel the way they deserve to feel which is love and other emotions but seemed that she was consumed with something . Thats just so aweful . How do you let all that go when the days work is over I'm wondering . Especially that you care so greatly.

I agree about the mind control and the military . It's odd how the military are at times -I want to say whe they are brainwshed , but I feel bad to say it. I get why sometimes it's needed . I get why they have to be pyched .And just because we are civilian and they are military doesn't mean that a military personal is always right over us. I respect that they are there to defend us , but I don't respect anyone especially a military person if they are guilty of what you've mentioned that you've seen them behave in the manner of dishonnor. That's a dishonnor to us all if that's so . I have a lot of army copters that fly over me daily . I can usually tell if it's coast guard or army , bayflight or police are uncertain to tell apart .

The entire 9/11 thing .I went through a series of mixed emotions . At first I was unawre of what the conspircay was . like I had no idea at al about any of it. Till people started teling me things and showing me stuff , including that we were warned of it happening before it did by others .That was a hard pill to swallow. Then after the wars happened I couldn't stand the president anymore mainly because of all I was being told about that and because of all the soldiers returning home dead , and those terror alerts on T.V. I started to consider that became nothing but pys ops after so long . I think that yeah it was targeted for a long time and then it happened . But I also wonder why didn't Clinton take out Osama when he had opportunity to , maybe none of this would have ever been. Among other things I just wonder .Why.

Oh of course I am willing to be your friend. I would like that very much . And I as well always enjoy seeing you here , there's so much goodness about you, you're very warm caring and nice. I see you're like that to us all . I admire that very much. It is well noticed .

see you laer my friend. ((hug))

I think sometimes there are people who know that our bodies are puppets, cars, or anything but that eternal spark. Yet society, medically, psychologically, socially, try their darnedest to make us believe that we are nothing, having no power to change the world. They try to feed us fluoride (definately a dumming down chemical), Monsanto toxins, poison our foods, disable our ability to use something that isn't Big Pharm-created to heal ourselves.

But the reality is, WE are the power. We create this world. They just don't want us to know it. These days, we are supposed to have victim-fear. But really we are all of us co-creaters. So let's start using that power for good, ... without the influence of George Norry.

I have been doing my own little home-made ritual to dispell the influence of the unelected criminal world cabal. I think it is working. I am positive my efforts on this particular wish are NOT isolated, but that many, many people are doing something to bring them down.

I instinctually knew something other than we were told caused 9-11. I cannot, will not, don't want to rationalize this feeling. But I GNEW immediately. Instead of being glued to the TV that day, I was out getting gas in all the cars my extended family had at the time and a large amount of diapers and a large amount of vitamins and toilet paper and powdered milk and ..... I was at my mothers, taking care of her following a major surgery, with my 8-month old crawling around Mom's house. Even where I was, people were taking in airline customers who were grounded in the middle of the country.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1