Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can a drone walk your dog for you ?

UM-Bot

A future in which automated drones can perform everyday tasks might not be as far away as you think.

Drones have been gaining in prominence lately with applications ranging from recording aerial footage to delivering parcels from Amazon. As these devices get smaller, cheaper and more sophisticated it may not be long before owning a drone might not be any more unusual than owning a car.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266763/can-a-drone-walk-your-dog-for-you

Resulted on the pull-force of a dog: no.

• Like 1

Can a drone pick up your dogs poop too?

• Like 4

Instead of getting a drone to walk your dog, why don't you just ask your dog to walk itself?!

• Like 2

This will never happen, not everyone has a nice docile golden dog. There is everything out there from the Great Danes to those silly little handbag dogs, can a drone stop them fighting? can a drone stop a kids arm getting bit by things like Rotweilers? can a drone stop a dog chasing after another? or a cat?

Most dogs only behave because they are with the trusted owners, and as stated above, who picks up the poop?

lastly anyone who has a dog and cant be bothered to walk it themselves, and love it, doesn't deserve it in the first place

• Like 6

I thought the idea of taking your dog for a walk was to benefit yourself too, exercise and bonding and all that. Leaving it for a drone to do is just lazy.

lastly anyone who has a dog and cant be bothered to walk it themselves, and love it, doesn't deserve it in the first place

^ This! My neighbour has two dogs and they NEVER get taken out. Not only that but they bark constantly when she goes out and leaves them shut up in her house. I could say a lot more about this but it would just be a rant.

• Like 3

Whoever came up with this idea doesn't own a dog.

• Like 3

"The long-term vision was, what if we could make every part of Manhattan have a bike lane and a dog lane - and then you'd have these drones tied to them who could go walk your dog to your mother who lives on the Upper West Side. Wouldn't that be cool ?"

No, it would sad. Just make the time.

(or at least get someone else to do it for you if your really hard pressed once in a while..)

• Like 1

And another thing... lets say it could happen...so there would be dozens of drones over the same dog paths, how would they avoid collisions if not manually flown? If you have ever seen a live RC show, one thing you dont see a lot of, is many RC toys being flown close together, unless its a stunt show with intentional near misses and full crashes

• Like 1

And another thing... lets say it could happen...so there would be dozens of drones over the same dog paths, how would they avoid collisions if not manually flown? If you have ever seen a live RC show, one thing you dont see a lot of, is many RC toys being flown close together, unless its a stunt show with intentional near misses and full crashes

What a picture! Wars of the Worlds for starters!

• Like 1

I like how kids look over at the drone walking the dog, but they don't stop. They kind of go, humm... ok. And move on.

My chihuahua would pull that out of the sky no problem. She can pull like a husky. Stupid idea. What happens when they meet up with a dog they don't like and get in a fight. Then there a lots of wonderful people looking for a dogs to steal for fighting and train fighting dogs. I like walking my dog and it is good for me. I'll pass on that little toy.

Instead of getting a drone to walk your dog, why don't you just ask your dog to walk itself?!

Because people have gotten lazier as time goes by. I have seen people drive their cars at low speeds while walking their dog..and they are not disabled either.

Pets are not some decorative, household accessory, they are living beings with whom you share your home and life with and if someone cannot comprehend that then they do not deserve the companionship of a pet.

P.S: Ashyne..I really like your avatar. It is so cute.

• Like 1

I imagine my pug just running in circles getting all tangled up and ending up in a bush somewhere. I'd never use this if it became available.

Amen to that.

A drone has to be controlled by someone? It's not as if a drone can do it all by 'itself" ? Also, a drone in the air has nothing to hang on to .. a dog could drag it along wherever it decided to GO. So, No, a drone can't walk the dog for you.

I suspect something like ASIMO could be programmed to walk the dog. For the smaller dogs anyway. Maybe even a strong chiwahwah might be to much for ASIMO however. I don't know how much it weighs or how strong it is.

Or maybe Boston Dynamics' (of Big Dog fame) robot Atlas?

my friend to the left would come back from where ever he is and bite me if I had a drone walk the dog

• Like 1

how about if the drone does all my household chores and i'll go enjoy a walk with the dog?

• Like 3