Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3-year-old knows who killed him in past life

UM-Bot

The young boy's story is one of the most fascinating accounts of reincarnation to have arisen in years.

A resident of the Golan Heights region between Israel and Syria, the boy was born in to a culture that accepts reincarnation as unquestionable fact, yet despite the controversial nature of his claims it becomes difficult to simply dismiss his story as a mere fabrication.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266787/3-year-old-knows-who-killed-him-in-past-life

• Like 4

Dr Eli Lasch (1929 - 2009). What I can find about him via a brief search suggests that, while he was a medical doctor (pediatrician) he also had a firm belief in many spiritual/supernatural phenomena. He wrote books on spiritual healing and was a firm believer in the Torah and Kabbalah, but also believed the Torah contained 'anachronistic knowledge' - i.e. knowledge that was 'not possible' for those who lived at the time of it's writing, to know.

While none of this discredits the events he claims to have witnessed, vis-a-vis the 'reincarnation' of someone into a young boy, it does suggest he was not an impartial, 'scientific' witness. I accept the article does not actually make that claim either, but it is implied by neglecting to reference his supernatural beliefs and only reference his scientific (medical) profession. That he was the only "non-Druze" witness is really rather irrelevant, but is highlighted as if it has particular significance.

I remain skeptical of this claim. It seems we have no actual hard evidence, only an anecdotal account by people (or a person) who are (is) not impartial, and also - unfortunately - no longer living. Thus they (he) can no longer be questioned.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

So many stories like this one, Fascinating! Possession would be as possible an explanation as reincarnation .

Maximus

Edited by maximusnow
  • Like 1

Can't destroy energy, it has to go somewhere. It's definitely made a part of us and us a part of it. It has to go into something else, even into a new human being...from a materialistic view.

• Like 2

Can't destroy energy, it has to go somewhere. It's definitely made a part of us and us a part of it. It has to go into something else, even into a new human being...from a materialistic view.

part of bernoulli's principle(equation). Energy can neither be created or destroyed, transfers from one form to another. Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 1

That has little if anything to do with the story. You get much of your energy from what you eat, does that mean you were once a vegetable? Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 4

There is just one thing that is not adding up to this whole story. How, and why would they get permission to dig up this old grave?

• Like 1

I have my crackpot theory. Maybe the kid had an access to the collective, subconscious memory reserve. It was no reincarnation, but he just tuned into a channel by accident...

• Like 1

That has little if anything to do with the story. You get much of your energy from what you eat, does that mean you were once a vegetable?

It's a matter of connecting dots--to create discussion, is it not. He just hasn't fully explained himself. Perhaps let your imagination do the bidding.

There are different forms of energy. Not all energy is derived from what we eat. There is a constant influx and flow of energy such as gravitational energy and electromagnetic energy. We can be seen as a conduit or a wire. We give off heat/energy as we live and lose energy as we die.

We as a race once believed the Earth was flat, to assume the illogical is impossible, may not always be the best way of thinking.

It's a matter of connecting dots--to create discussion, is it not. He just hasn't fully explained himself. Perhaps let your imagination do the bidding.

There is connecting the dots and then there is stating irrelevant facts
There are different forms of energy. Not all energy is derived from what we eat. There is a constant influx and flow of energy such as gravitational energy and electromagnetic energy. We can be seen as a conduit or a wire. We give off heat/energy as we live and lose energy as we die.
And this still has nothing to do with reincarnation.

What energy is and it's forms; http://www.nmsea.org/Curriculum/Primer/forms_of_energy.htm

We as a race once believed the Earth was flat, to assume the illogical is impossible, may not always be the best way of thinking.

So you're saying the earth could be flat because it's illogical? I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.
  • Like 1

That has little if anything to do with the story. You get much of your energy from what you eat, does that mean you were once a vegetable?

Energy transcends, changes, and detaches from its previous user, in death and after or during action. We transcend our own energy while we live too, but something of us stays the same through our live. I dont think it would be strange for us to have some quite light and unnoticeable part of us in physical realm to move on. They say kobe beef is the king of beef, and the way they raise that cattle in kobe is quite luxurous in comparison to anything else you've seen: cows drinking beer in set time to give them a happier state, getting their fur combed for better skin-breathing and more comfortable feeling, getting out to enjoy the sun and fresh air every day or so.... it may just be that the physical realm dances along with what happens in the more abstract or whatever "less physical" existence, it's how I see it in light of everything.

That's just my view. I know how sceptics here love to argue and think they stand on intellectual higher ground like you Rlyeh now. I thought your first post on this topic had sense, but now you're getting off rails in my book. Arguing just for the sake of arguing even if you make zero sense and just aim to beat a point of another person when you think their post is pointless, is absurd.

• Like 1

That's just my view. I know how sceptics here love to argue and think they stand on intellectual higher ground like you Rlyeh now. I thought your first post on this topic had sense, but now you're getting off rails in my book. Arguing just for the sake of arguing even if you make zero sense and just aim to beat a point of another person when you think their post is pointless, is absurd.

So you know how reading this new age woo feels like. Nonsensical ignorance.

Blurting out random facts as if it some how supports some superstitious beliefs strikes me as disingenuous.

Edited by Rlyeh

If the story is indeed factual, it is pretty fascinating.

So many stories like this one, Fascinating! Possession would be as possible an explanation as reincarnation .

Maximus

Perhaps not true demonic possession, but rather influence. If one accepts the existence of demons as outlined in Scripture, they are spiritual beings and have existed since the earliest days of man. They have witnessed history and therefore are in a position to recount certain facts thereof through a medium. In this case "medium" simply means a human spokesman, not a spiritualist of some sort. The story says the family believes in reincarnation and a spiritual entity could use this to its advantage, perhaps both attaching itself to the family and/or validating the beliefs thereof by revealing certain historical facts through the child.

• Like 2

Ah people!! Its always an intriguing snippet of a story that sells books! Its called marketing!

If people were actually reincarnated, how come then - we have more people on the planet than ever before?

• Like 2

part of bernoulli's principle(equation). Energy can neither be created or destroyed, transfers from one form to another.

That's the one. I like that principle.

I was being vague, my bad.

I was comparing reincarnation of the user to the similarities of energy of some of it's properties and transfer, but of course each not the same thing. And how would a user for a body reincarnate as a vegetable? How would the user in that kind of material matter, learn what to do and what not to do (A.K.A The Golden Rule) in life?

• Like 1

Ah people!! Its always an intriguing snippet of a story that sells books! Its called marketing!

If people were actually reincarnated, how come then - we have more people on the planet than ever before?

Would only people reincarnate? Cmon, if you were a sceptic and had a little thought-game of how would reincarnation be explainable/possible if it existed, then wouldn't you assume other animals reincarnated too, and plants too, and even bacteria and sperm? Just the vessels change, as always.

According to the testimony of Dr. Eli Lasch who witnessed the events as they unfolded, the three-year-old was born with a red birthmark on his head, a sign that some believe to be associated with the way in which a person had died in their past life.

http://www.unexplain...im-in-past-life

Well how convenient for him to be there while the boy was allegedly recalling this...while he was growing up! he was only 3 years old.

This seems a classic case of mass superstition among the villagers. Their beliefs in the birth mark being a "sign" and with the help of Dr Eli, you have yourself a story to back up your beliefs, the fact that they are completely fooled by this Dr does not even come into the equation.

• Like 1

What I find interesting is.

The results of this little boys story by those who are reading and posting replies. After reading many replies I thought to myself- people will believe a little boy over a man's witness/testimony. Then I thought to myself ... if there was another boy who told the story of seeing Heaven- I bet the replies would be less "mind-blown" and more something to the effects of -"someone told the boy to say that". So I come to the conclusion, that evil will allow you to believe evil over truth when it's told. You are you're own examples of that. Funny thing is, if I made a reply, that someone feed this boy the story, most would criticize me.

~and no one ever notices.

You're gullible world for what you shouldn't be and hateful toward what you should be...and you never wonder why?

Would only people reincarnate? Cmon, if you were a sceptic and had a little thought-game of how would reincarnation be explainable/possible if it existed, then wouldn't you assume other animals reincarnated too, and plants too, and even bacteria and sperm? Just the vessels change, as always.

I thought he was asking that question based on the estimation of populations throughout history. But I didn't know users were suppose to reincarnate immediately after death, every time, all at the same time in one period of history, to gauge how many people there should be on the earth.

What I find interesting is.

The results of this little boys story by those who are reading and posting replies. After reading many replies I thought to myself- people will believe a little boy over a man's witness/testimony. Then I thought to myself ... if there was another boy who told the story of seeing Heaven- I bet the replies would be less "mind-blown" and more something to the effects of -"someone told the boy to say that". So I come to the conclusion, that evil will allow you to believe evil over truth when it's told. You are you're own examples of that. Funny thing is, if I made a reply, that someone feed this boy the story, most would criticize me.

~and no one ever notices.

You're gullible world for what you shouldn't be and hateful toward what you should be...and you never wonder why?

Most who did not believe this story is a true account from the 3 year old would not criticize you, its basically what most of us who do not believe it are saying too. There is no need to mention that part because its pretty obvious to us non believers that is the case. (well, to me anyway).

Pointing out the obvious is not needed here, but pointing out the fraud ie: the dr and pointing out the naivety of the villages because of their staunch beliefs, is.

• Like 1

Pointing out the obvious is not needed here, but pointing out the fraud ie: the dr and pointing out the naivety of the villages because of their staunch beliefs, is.

It might not be a case of fraud, ftr, but simply a case of urban (or not-so-urban) legend. Note that, in the tale there are no names mentioned except for the good Doctor - who is the "scientific witness to lend the story credibility". Apart from the general region, we have no names of towns/villages, no names of people, etc. There are no independent references to events which should be easily (or reasonably easily) traceable - such as the disappearance/murder of the victim, the presumed investigation after the crime was discovered, and the subsequent trial/conviction.

These 'missing details' are all classic hallmarks of an urban legend.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 4

IMO

Reincarnation is - past memories of a demons possession of a past host. The demon now in another body sharing memories of it's past hosts.