Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3-year-old knows who killed him in past life

UM-Bot

It might not be a case of fraud, ftr, but simply a case of urban (or not-so-urban) legend. Note that, in the tale there are no names mentioned except for the good Doctor - who is the "scientific witness to lend the story credibility". Apart from the general region, we have no names of towns/villages, no names of people, etc. There are no independent references to events which should be easily (or reasonably easily) traceable - such as the disappearance/murder of the victim, the presumed investigation after the crime was discovered, and the subsequent trial/conviction.

These 'missing details' are all classic hallmarks of an urban legend.

You could be right, but after reading a bit about him, me being a bit of a skeptic towards some of these doctors, I think its possible he took advantage of the gullible village people to make an even bigger name for himself. It seems he had his hands in quite a few things, and writing this book: “Children Who Have Lived Before: Reincarnation Today,” which mentions the 3 year old boy.

There are many stories of his healing abilities, including his appearance on German television where hundreds of people called in sharing their experience of being healed by his prayers.

http://israelseen.com/2009/04/06/dr-eli-lasch-1929-2009/

It may be that he truly believed in his healing powers and in reincarnation, would not be the first time someone like him has drawn in followers.

You could be right, but after reading a bit about him, me being a bit of a skeptic towards some of these doctors, I think its possible he took advantage of the gullible village people to make an even bigger name for himself. It seems he had his hands in quite a few things, and writing this book: “Children Who Have Lived Before: Reincarnation Today,” which mentions the 3 year old boy.

There are many stories of his healing abilities, including his appearance on German television where hundreds of people called in sharing their experience of being healed by his prayers.

http://israelseen.co...asch-1929-2009/

It may be that he truly believed in his healing powers and in reincarnation, would not be the first time someone like him has drawn in followers.

Doctor Lasch didn't write that book, ftr. He died in 2009. The book was written by one Trutz Hardo, according to the article linked in the OP, and only references Dr Lasch's story.

I'm not saying Dr Lasch perhaps didn't do the things you say he might have, only that he wasn't the author of the book mentioned.

Like many claims based on anecdote, I'm inclined to think this was a mixture of legend and exaggeration. Legend on the part of the "3-year old reincarnated boy", and exaggeration on the part of Dr Lasch's 'spiritual abilities'. Tales grow in the telling of them, until they become quite tall.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

past life proof positive

and if that weren't enough

When I read, after SO many years of discussion, comments like, how come there are more and more people, I seriously start wondering where these people have been, or how come they haven't done their homework? There are more souls waiting to incarnate than bodies available. WAY more. Even today. That enough? Happy now? Next.

I thought he was asking that question based on the estimation of populations throughout history. But I didn't know users were suppose to reincarnate immediately after death, every time, all at the same time in one period of history, to gauge how many people there should be on the earth.

No. What are you talking about? He was asking how there's always more and more people than before. I was asking, that if reincarnation happens, why couldn't animals, sperm, bacteria and plants be reborn as humans? Why not? Because if they could, then that'd be an obvious answer. Plus I see no reason why that wouldn't happen. The vessel isn't exactly the same anyhow, and we all start as sperm and ovum coming together. The early phases of embryo development are similiar for lizard and human and two other animals I can't right now remember. We just grow to be different. I dont know if everyone is supposed to be born again right now right here of if there's a waiting room where you can wait millions of years if you want, but it just doesn't seem sensible to me to ignore this animal aspect if you consider the validity or basic functioning of reincarnation.

Doctor Lasch didn't write that book, ftr. He died in 2009. The book was written by one Trutz Hardo, according to the article linked in the OP, and only references Dr Lasch's story.

I'm not saying Dr Lasch perhaps didn't do the things you say he might have, only that he wasn't the author of the book mentioned.

Like many claims based on anecdote, I'm inclined to think this was a mixture of legend and exaggeration. Legend on the part of the "3-year old reincarnated boy", and exaggeration on the part of Dr Lasch's 'spiritual abilities'. Tales grow in the telling of them, until they become quite tall.

Have just gone back and yes you are correct, (as I expected). The book was published in 2000, 9 years before his death, so would have helped Dr Lasch`s reputation.

I fully agree in your "Tales grow in the telling of them, until they become quite tall." and believe this is what has happened here, it was not the only tale in the book, but has become the main focus.

Seems Hardo and Lasch have quite a lot in common, both from Germany, both interested in reincarnation, both into healing and past life regression therapist.

Edited by freetoroam

Can't destroy energy, it has to go somewhere. It's definitely made a part of us and us a part of it. It has to go into something else, even into a new human being...from a materialistic view.

But are memories (data) energy? Nope. A memory is not energy, but a manipulation of energy to store data.

• Like 2

As a Christian, I'd have to agree that this is some kind of demonic deception.

FYI, a demon can heal (or rather appear to heal), and appear to perform other miraculous feats, if the end result is evil.

• Like 1

But are memories (data) energy? Nope. A memory is not energy, but a manipulation of energy to store data.

I was being vague, my bad.

I was comparing reincarnation of the user to the similarities of energy with some of it's properties and transfer, but of course each not the same thing.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 1

I think we all old have past life's. I think I had a past life

• Like 2

the reason the "leadership" won't embrace the question of reincarnation is, if they do, a whole new host of moral and legal issues arises, things like, if you were murdered in your past life and both you and the murderer have reincarnated now in the same time period, if the murderer was never trialled, convicted and punished, should they be now? After all, they did take YOUR life. Also, they would be punished according to what law? Under which you lived in the past life? What if you're from a time period for which we have lost all accounts of what the laws were?

• Like 1

the reason the "leadership" won't embrace the question of reincarnation is, if they do, a whole new host of moral and legal issues arises, things like, if you were murdered in your past life and both you and the murderer have reincarnated now in the same time period, if the murderer was never trialled, convicted and punished, should they be now? After all, they did take YOUR life. Also, they would be punished according to what law? Under which you lived in the past life? What if you're from a time period for which we have lost all accounts of what the laws were?

Which leadership? Maybe because they're secular.

Are you fine with spending this life in prison because someone accused you of being a reincarnated serial killer? Think about what you're saying, anyone could get charged for a crime they may have not committed.

• Like 4

I was born with a birthmark across the left side of my chest and lower belly, from nipple to waist line..its almost a faint tanned color - when Im not tanned, and not visible when I am tanned. Now...I dont recall any dreams or suspicions I was murdered in a past life. I sure as hell didnt mention anything like it to my parents when I was a kid either, else they would have reminded me

• Like 1

I was born with a birthmark across the left side of my chest and lower belly, from nipple to waist line..its almost a faint tanned color - when Im not tanned, and not visible when I am tanned. Now...I dont recall any dreams or suspicions I was murdered in a past life. I sure as hell didnt mention anything like it to my parents when I was a kid either, else they would have reminded me

Always though there was something special about you:

tumblr_m2tctzWAjo1r7aur5.gif

• Like 1

Occasionally, on very, very, very rare occasions a person does remember his/her past life or lives; however, there is a good reason why we can not,should not remember our past lives. If we did - our whole social fabric would unravel. Why? Because we ALL have lived before, and reincarnate again to learn more, or to correct past errors, and we could not do that in our present life - if we knew that our current husband/wife/friend/boss had commited some crime against us - or we against them in a previous life.

• Like 1

Occasionally, on very, very, very rare occasions a person does remember his/her past life or lives; however, there is a good reason why we can not,should not remember our past lives. If we did - our whole social fabric would unravel. Why? Because we ALL have lived before, and reincarnate again to learn more, or to correct past errors, and we could not do that in our present life - if we knew that our current husband/wife/friend/boss had commited some crime against us - or we against them in a previous life.

Learning who did what to whom is probably not as important as learning what to do and what not to do in each lifetime for each individual (A.K.A The Golden Rule). So Karma probably takes care of the whom in regards of individual bad acts. Karma is the universal justice in one lifetime or another, good or bad.

Nice, I see a script for a movie.

I never hear of past lives from other Planets.

• Like 1

I never hear of past lives from other Planets.

Look hard enough and you'll find someone claiming they have.

Look hard enough and you'll find someone claiming they have.

Let me rephrase that: I never hear in mainstream woo outlets of alien past lives.

Ah people!! Its always an intriguing snippet of a story that sells books! Its called marketing!

If people were actually reincarnated, how come then - we have more people on the planet than ever before?

I'm not a firm believer of reincarnation, but there's multiple "answers" to what you just asked. Perhaps reincarnated from other dimensions, etc, etc... Like I said, I'm not really huge on reincarnation, but that doesn't mean I don't keep an open mind. Things that were once thought completely impossible are now a part of our everyday lives.

How can one remember their past lives ?? Memory is stored in the brain. A good knock on the head or Alzheimer's causes memory loss, so where would this memory from past lives be stored ?

Edited by Scuzzy
  • Like 2

How can one remember their past lives ?? Memory is stored in the brain. A good knock on the head or Alzheimer's causes memory loss, so where would this memory from past lives be stored ?

Shh, you are stating the obvious, the believers will not like that. It has occured to me in the past how a person with alzheimers would remember where to go from the cemetry if reincarnated or even came back as a ghost?

• Like 1

Do most of you still live in the 19th century? Has the last 200 years of advancement, achievement and discovery shown you nothing? Why cling to such outdated and unfounded beliefs when the real world is so much more interesting?

• Like 1