Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystery of the Solway Spaceman

Still Waters

If. just say if, that wasn't the lady but a spaceman... what's a spaceman doing there? and why a spaceman and not a space woman?

• Like 1

The thing is Bee if it was a teleportation experiment or even a time traveller why have we no other instances of a similar figure being seen.Excluding Woomera I don't buy that story although I know you do

Yes I do....and the link between RAF Spadeadam and Woomera....must be important..clue-wise to the whole affair, somehow....IMO

http://en.wikipedia....i/RAF_Spadeadam

Its primary purpose is to provide a location for teaching electronic warfare to RAF and other NATO aircrew. Spadeadam was remote and largely uninhabited until 1957 when the Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile Test Centre was built for the Blue Streak Project. The RAF took it over in 1976 and it became Europe's first Electronic Warfare Tactics Range in 1977. The range contains ground-based electronics warfare equipment to act as a simulated threat to training aircrews. Some of the equipment was manufactured in the Soviet Union; some simulates emissions from potential enemy systems. It also has real and dummy targets such as airfields, a "village" of portable buildings, tanks, aircraft and vehicle convoys.

The site's role in Britain's Cold War nuclear weapons programme was made public in 2004 when tree-felling uncovered remains of abandoned excavations for a missile silo. A survey of the site by the RAF and English Heritage has attempted to record and interpret what was previously so secret that no plans from the period exist.

The figure in the photo seems to be facing away from the camera.....and looking in the direction of RAF Spadeadam...

And we don't have any pics of the Woomera figures...but maybe they were having a good old look at the Blue Streak Rocket..

If I remember right...wasn't Blue Streak a joint British/Australian project to enter the Space Race...? (I need to check on that)

Perhaps the Russians were doing something very clever and spying on the two places....with some unknown, exotic method... :w00t:

Just chucked that last thought in on the spur of the moment....

edit to say....or the Americans...re what I said above about spying.....

Edited by bee

Yes I do....and the link between RAF Spadeadam and Woomera....must be important..clue-wise to the whole affair, somehow....IMO

http://en.wikipedia....i/RAF_Spadeadam

The figure in the photo seems to be facing away from the camera.....and looking in the direction of RAF Spadeadam...

And we don't have any pics of the Woomera figures...but maybe they were having a good old look at the Blue Streak Rocket..

If I remember right...wasn't Blue Streak a joint British/Australian project to enter the Space Race...? (I need to check on that)

Perhaps the Russians were doing something very clever and spying on the two places....with some unknown, exotic method... :w00t:

Just chucked that last thought in on the spur of the moment....

Now then great researcher...Bee! How far away is this RAF site...from JT's picnic? I know you can easily find this info, I did. It would seem time travel is a lot like a bad outdated satnav

Now then great researcher...Bee! How far away is this RAF site...from JT's picnic? I know you can easily find this info, I did. It would seem time travel is a lot like a bad outdated satnav

from memory...a few miles...? And the terrain is quite flat...isn't it over the Estuary...?

I will check it out again...although I've been in a couple of threads about this photo before

it's easy to forget about some of the details..

Edited by bee

from memory...a few miles...? And the terrain is quite flat...isn't it over the Estuary...?

I will check it out again...although I've been in a couple of threads about this photo before

it's easy to forget about some of the details..

Try 30 miles, heres a map, Burgh Marsh to the RAF..

https://maps.google....ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

ETA: Link didnt load the map, try for yourself on googles directions/maps between : RAF Spadeadam & Burgh Marsh, Cumbria

Edited by seeder

An advanced time traveller spaceman...so advanced, he lands/appears way of course

Try 30 miles, heres a map, Burgh Marsh to the RAF..

https://maps.google....ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Link didnt load the map, try for yourself on googles directions/maps between : RAF Spadeadam & Burgh Marsh, Cumbria

the map came up for me...but it was a Burgh le Marsh in Lincolnshire... :unsure:

lol.......I see you realised in time and made an edit...

Edited by bee

Now then great researcher...Bee!

now now...no need to be like that just because your 'debunk' has gone down the toilet..... :lol:

Oh I'm sooooooooo sorry...were you all waiting...?

I just got distracted watching Neighbours on the telly....

You fiendish plan plotter you....

:lol:

Demanding I solve a 50 year old mystery with proof because you click your fingers...genius

So, nothing on your part then? I asked you to provide proof of your argument, you agreed to do it, then you made all sorts of excuses and ended up not doing it.

That makes you a liar now. And I doubt any of us here are surprised.

If. just say if, that wasn't the lady but a spaceman... what's a spaceman doing there? and why a spaceman and not a space woman?

To answer your first Q's.... as far as Bee is concerned, he was checking out the RAF site, that was apparently 30km away (he'd obviously been to Spec Savers)

To answer your second Q's...well, I'm sure Bee will have a good explanation for that as well ;)

So, nothing on your part then? I asked you to provide proof of your argument, you agreed to do it, then you made all sorts of excuses and ended up not doing it.

That makes you a liar now. And I doubt any of us here are surprised.

Calling a person a "liar" is extremely rude and aggressive. Pull in your manners, and chill.

Take the thread as tongue in cheek for goodness sake.

To answer your first Q's.... as far as Bee is concerned, he was checking out the RAF site, that was apparently 30km away (he'd obviously been to Spec Savers)

To answer your second Q's...well, I'm sure Bee will have a good explanation for that as well ;)

:D

Re the 30 km...there might have been an angle of dangle displacement in the Space Time Matrix...

:innocent:

Calling a person a "liar" is extremely rude and aggressive. Pull in your manners, and chill.

thanks....strictly between you and me and don't tell anyone else on the thread...

I think Hida has a little crush on me and is trying to get my attention..

:passifier:

• Like 1

4819487490_fd1990d26b_z.jpg

Found this on the internet. All it needs is the words "I want to believe"

Edited by jesspy
  • Like 5

No, not at all. It's merely a descriptive of what bee is doing, of her lack of honesty when asked for proof. That's all. No rudeness is meant. You can easily see where she lied when she said she would go get the proof I asked for. Try reading the ENTIRE thread first before posting.

I see that as your ultimate admission that she doesn't know what she are talking about. Finally we get to the crux of this matter. Now, if only she would finally admit it herself, instead of playing these foolish games.

Edited by Hida Akechi

I think Hida has a little crush on me and is trying to get my attention..

Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't dig crazy chicks. I like the ones that are grounded in reality and use common sense and logic on a daily basis.

Besides, who's the one that keeps posting the nonsense here even when confronted with common sense and logic? Seems like all you do is post your wild crap just to get attention.

• Like 1

dear oh dear...

calm down Hida...I'm sure everyone else knows when I am joking and when I am serious...

yeah I've been yanking your chain a bit...but you deserved it...

:cat:

As the thread has degenerated in to bickering there seems little point keeping this going.

Closed.

• Like 5