Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vancouver is Canada's top UFO hotspot

A new survey has identified the Canadian city as one of the best places in the world to see a UFO.

Canada itself is no stranger to the unexplained having been a UFO activity hotspot for decades. Last year there were 1,100 reported sightings in the country and a whopping 116 of those occurred within the city of Vancouver alone.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266841/vancouver-is-canadas-top-ufo-hotspot

"Are we looking at a real phenomenon ?" he said. "Is there a psychological phenomenon accounting for all this ? Why do people persist in seeing something that supposedly shouldn’t be there ?"

Moosehead and/or cannabis plus a vivid imagination could account for it, unless of course there is video of blurry lights..

• Like 1

"Are we looking at a real phenomenon ?" he said. "Is there a psychological phenomenon accounting for all this ? Why do people persist in seeing something that supposedly shouldn’t be there ?"

Moosehead and/or cannabis plus a vivid imagination could account for it, unless of course there is video of blurry lights..

I don't know for you, but to me it is far more likely that people intoxicated will not bother to report their experiences to the authorities for documentation.

In any way, Chris Rutkowski is a seasoned UFO investigator with a solid background in science (Astronomer and science writter) and I don't doubt that he can weed out reports that were made under substances abuse.

Even if of these 1100 UFO sightings the vast majority of them can be explained by planes, satellites and military trainings, there is a consistent number that doesn't fall into any category. That's what becomes very intriguing.

Edited by sam_comm

"I see them every night," said Vancouver resident Charles Lamoureux. "I can pretty well tell what’s a satellite and not a satellite. If it’s not a satellite and way up in the atmosphere and it changes direction, there’s not many things it could be."

its an airplane........ isnt vancouver airport there?

Canada is full of planes too. Is there any photo of ufo allegedly from Canada?

Since Vancouver hockey has been such a disappointment, they needed a new hobby.

• Like 1

I don't know for you, but to me it is far more likely that people intoxicated will not bother to report their experiences to the authorities for documentation.

In any way, Chris Rutkowski is a seasoned UFO investigator with a solid background in science (Astronomer and science writter) and I don't doubt that he can weed out reports that were made under substances abuse.

Even if of these 1100 UFO sightings the vast majority of them can be explained by planes, satellites and military trainings, there is a consistent number that doesn't fall into any category. That's what becomes very intriguing.

As Foghorn Leghorn would say, "That's, I say, that's a joke son!" Don't take me too seriously!

• Like 1

Are the majority of the sightings from the Downtown Eastside district by any chance? No in fact, I'll just stop there.

Are the majority of the sightings from the Downtown Eastside district by any chance? No in fact, I'll just stop there.

Is there something peculiar about that part of town?

Is there something peculiar about that part of town?

"The area is noted for a high incidence of poverty, drug use, sex trade, crime, violence, as well as a history of community activism.Hastings and Cordova Streets were once the core shopping district in the city, many of the retail shops that flourished until the early 1980s are now gone. The area was the victim of significant urban decay but presently buildings are being renewed and many new businesses are operating in the community."

-Wiki

• Like 1

Just the Canadian version of a redneck-UFO insult, I guess.

• Like 1

"The area is noted for a high incidence of poverty, drug use, sex trade, crime, violence, as well as a history of community activism.Hastings and Cordova Streets were once the core shopping district in the city, many of the retail shops that flourished until the early 1980s are now gone. The area was the victim of significant urban decay but presently buildings are being renewed and many new businesses are operating in the community."

-Wiki

Thanks for the background info SP. I am not at all familiar with Vancouver.

I figured it'd end up being Robert Pickton's hunting grounds.

I figured it'd end up being Robert Pickton's hunting grounds.

Former multi-millionaire pig farmer and serial killer. He has quite a resume. :)

Better to report seeing UFO's than seeing flying pink elephants I suppose.

That is an astoundingly stupid move on the part of the planetarium.

But attendance went up 65% after the media exposure.

But attendance went up 65% after the media exposure.

That's good but such a tacky way to do it.