Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Light Anomoly

Duck33

The usual mundane explanations, dust, insect, cobweb don't seem to fit this one. Thoughts on a possible/probable source? I'm thinking reflection or extraneous light source but its difficult to say given the limited information about the room.

Edited by Duck33

Looks like a bug to me though. But I'm biased.

• Like 5

That looks exactly like a bug. When it turns in front of the camera you can even see the wings for a sec.

• Like 2

why is someone taking film of the side of a bedside table?

how convenient that a strange anomaly passed by at just that time!

• Like 3

I think I agree with the insect conclusion. After viewing it a few more times, what was being claimed as a splitting of the object may be nothing more than illumination of the wings.

• Like 1

Very compelling!

My two opinions, it is a "something" coming out of the drawer, (notice it doesn't enter frame from bottom, it emerges from the drawer above frame edge) That eliminates the insect possibility imo.

2. Hoax implemented by taking some reflective object, perhaps a glass lens or similar, holding it, (out of frame) at an relative to the light source which prevents the light source from passing through. Then slowly turning the lensing object to an angle which allows the light though thus creating the 'appearance' effect. Next, begin moving the lensing object in multiple planes which causes the projected 'beam' to morph its shape.

The problem with this theory though, is that when the 'thing' moves off the dresser front there should be a shift in its apparent position as it transitions from the closer dresser face to the back wall beside it. That doesn't happen. Instead it defies logic by assuming and then maintaining a straight flight path which, imo, seems to be on a trajectory away from the wall.

Very compelling piece of video.

why is someone taking film of the side of a bedside table?

how convenient that a strange anomaly passed by at just that time!

I know the person who took the video. Her motivation for filming that spot 'in her words'

"I had seen a white light emanating from the same place with the naked eye, and I wanted to see if there was something to it as it happened on several occasions and I wanted to film it. I had filmed it the night before, but the static camera only caught a glimpse, so this time I held it"

• Like 1

Looks like a bug to me though. But I'm biased.

And very likely correct.

• Like 1

I think I agree with the insect conclusion. After viewing it a few more times, what was being claimed as a splitting of the object may be nothing more than illumination of the wings.

Yeah, it was probably attracted to the IR source on the camera.

The usual mundane explanations, dust, insect, cobweb don't seem to fit this one. Thoughts on a possible/probable source? I'm thinking reflection or extraneous light source but its difficult to say given the limited information about the room.

I be blunt, it isnt a bug, I believe it is a special effect from a low grade video editing program. If you want I could look for it. Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

That would be appreciated Brian, what led you to that conclusion?

He's a genius.

• Like 1

I be blunt, it isnt a bug, I believe it is a special effect from a low grade video editing program. If you want I could look for it.

Like a deliberate effect or the consequence of crappy software?

Like a deliberate effect or the consequence of crappy software?

intentional, I will look for it asap Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2