Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toilet snake fuels panic in northern Spain

UM-Bot

Mass hysteria erupted in the Spanish town of Naron when a snake emerged from a woman's toilet bowl.

30-year-old hairdresser Iris Castroverde had been using the facilities at her home at around 11pm when a brightly-colored green and yellow snake emerged from the u-bend and sank its teeth squarely in to her posterior.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/266917/toilet-snake-fuels-panic-in-northern-spain

• Like 1

For you this is terrifying and out of the ordinary.

For Australians in the Outback it's part of the fun of summer.

• Like 4

For you this is terrifying and out of the ordinary.

For Australians in the Outback it's part of the fun of summer.

Was going to say that I pity the old convi..I mean Australians.I will say that is the one thing that puts me off going to the beautiful country of Australia.Always wanted to tour but i cant cope with snakes and spiders.I sat on a Fake Widow and that stung for days so god knows what a Funnelweb would do.!

To think I run a mile just seeing a spider on the bathroom floor!

I once had a small garter snake in my downstairs walk in shower...but he was harmless and I just took him back outside. Not sure I like the idea of a 'toilet snake' very much though.

• Like 1

At least it wasn't an Aussie Eastern Brown snake. That's one very mean snake...you are dead in only a matter of minutes.

Still, not a pleasant thing at all to have snakes in the water pipes.

Oh... When i was kid i was sometimes scared of snakes when go into bathroom. Under shower for example, i was alerted all times :D

I hope this old fear wont return after seeing this :D

@Sir Wearer of Hats, my respect sir :)

On the bright side, if an unexpected snake bite scares the crap out of you, atleast you were already sitting down on the toilet bowl.

• Like 1

Yipe! Well, better a python than a cobra.

It bit her on the backside so was probably an asp.

• Like 1

Good job it wasn't an alligator, which haunt some sewer pipes in the U.S.

Once I got up to use the toilet in the mid-night. without turning on any lights. as I began to sit down I noticed something in the bowl- I assumed it was a bottle of lotion or some such that the cat had knocked down from the shelves over the back of the tank. I turned on the light and discovered a HUGE rat, thankfully dead as could be.

This was the only time since my divorce many years before where I truly wished there was another person to whom I could yell " Honey! Come get the rat out of the toilet pronto, please!"

Since this was not an option ( my young daughter would be needing to use the bathroom soon to prepare for school & I feared for her psyche) I got my heavy gardening gloves and a trowel & trash bag and scooped the corpse out myself. Followed with a large bottle of Clorox and subsequently going outside & peeing in the patch of woods surrounding the back deck.

I looked up the sewer dept. phone # and found they had a listing for "Rodent Removal". I was subsequently informed that this sort of thing happened in this nice Oregon town, "Frequently?" I squeaked. " Well, no not frequently but you could say regularly..."

While I no longer live in Oregon I permanently lost the ability to use a toilet w/o turning on all the lights in the bathroom.. Not to mention the intestinal repercussions... :cry:

If it had been a live snake? I would be the dead thing in the bathroom - purely from horror... :w00t:

• Like 1

if was a male snake it wouldnt want a partner no more

if was a male snake it wouldnt want a partner no more

Oh god, don't even suggest anything of the sort.