Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO photographed from plane over London

A passenger on a commercial flight over the English capital this week caught something unusual on camera.

Photographs of UFOs taken from aircraft tend to be some of the most convincing and this latest case is no exception. The images were captured on camera by a passenger flying over London just four days ago on the morning of May 25th.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ane-over-london

Filming for Star Wars Ep VII has begun in London. Filmed in UK and using real props rather than CGI because that is definitely the Millennium Falcon...

• Like 2

At 1:02, when they reverse the chrome, does anyone else see a box around the object?

• Like 1

I would like to know if anybody else on the plane saw it,I would imagine somebody did,Theres very little background on the youtube clip and a google search in the UK produced no more information

• Like 1

I love UM, I always come to look at articles like this and read all the "fake" and the arguments and stuff that start.

I come just for "what if?" I don't care enough, but it's horrible that the only discussion is how fake it is.

I love UM, I always come to look at articles like this and read all the "fake" and the arguments and stuff that start.

I come just for "what if?" I don't care enough, but it's horrible that the only discussion is how fake it is.

Not a single poster has referred to this as fake, yet. I don't get your gripe.

Worst case scenario, so far, is that it might just be mis-identified.

• Like 4

One of the points to posting this is try to disprove it. If it can't be disproved, then it can be considered genuine. Having said that, I have no rational explaination for this one. It doesn't look like any kind of balloon and the only other possibility (besides UFO) is a drone or other type of craft. The speed which it goes up looks to be quite fast. I'll be interested to read what other have to say about this one.

• Like 2

At 1:02, when they reverse the chrome, does anyone else see a box around the object?

Yeah it looks strange. And i am not sure if there should be shadow of that object as it is flying over clouds?

It is unidentified (so far) and is in the air, and is an object, ergo a UFO. At one point it looked to me like a flying JEEP. I think it's very interesting!

In terms of the realism (as opposed to the analysing of it) then it makes a lot of sense that only the camera operator saw it. I have flown commercial planes a lot (as I am sure many on here have) and its fair to say that not many people pay a lot of attention out of a window, particularly far away aspects like this. Even less so that only 50% of passengers are on the correct side the object was on and of those 50%, 50% again would only have the window seat. I would hazard a guess that if more than 2 people happened to see this object for the few seconds it appeared then they did well.

Secondly, there is a LOT of cloud cover below it which would suggest that most people on the ground would have had a pretty poor visibility day and not have seen it. In fact most of this week has been poor weather here in the UK with barely a glimpse of clear sky at any time, so I doubt it would have been seen by anyone at all from the ground, which makes what is captured on camera probably one of the very few people in the world to have seen it.

So on a realistic viewpoint it seems credible that we have no other eyewitnesses to it. So we need to know radar traces, proximity detectors on the aircraft and even other aircraft that would have been in the vicinity (seeing as Londons air corridors are possibly the busiest in the world and its easy to spot 2 or 3 other aircraft flying around on the horizon, above and below you at any given minute) to see if they eyeballed it.

On a technical level, there is the chance its faked, but without a proper analyse from people who know this stuff, its hard to tell if that is the case.

As far as I am aware we have nothing military (real or semi-secret) that would have that shape and swift movement speeds so I am fairly convinced that if this were to be a military asset then it is not one that has hit the rumour mill yet. It appears too high, large and fast for a civilian drone and the military drones are rarely flown in the UK. In actual fact they are operated out of a UK airbase a couple of miles away from me, but the drones themselves are not based there, they are based in the U.S. and overseas operational zones. Only the pilot operators are stationed here and so it rules out it being a military UK drone.

It is very interesting all the same.

How do we know its London? And even if it is, know why they call London the 'the smoke'? It has a lot of pollution and some real real thick fogs, so, could just be the tip of a building

quote:

London skyscraper fog

Londoners will remember this day from late last year, when the clouds descended onto the streets of London for half a day and provided an exceptional opportunity for photographers. Many great photos were taken that day, but this is my favourite. From high above the London sky, a helicopter captures this image of a sea of clouds descending onto the City of London. Canary Wharf has already been engulfed and pokes through.

http://www.shardldn....-taken-in-2013/

af0h-1024x682.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

Posting the OP vid to save going back and forth

• Like 2

How do we know its London? And even if it is, know why the call London the 'the smoke'? It has a lot of pollution and some real real thick fogs, so, could just be the tip of a building

quote:

London skyscraper fog

Londoners will remember this day from late last year, when the clouds descended onto the streets of London for half a day and provided an exceptional opportunity for photographers. Many great photos were taken that day, but this is my favourite. From high above the London sky, a helicopter captures this image of a sea of clouds descending onto the City of London. Canary Wharf has already been engulfed and pokes through.

*snipped image*

I was scratching my head wondering what this thing could be but I think you have presented a solid contender seeder. :tu:

• Like 2

How do we know its London? And even if it is, know why they call London the 'the smoke'? It has a lot of pollution and some real real thick fogs, so, could just be the tip of a building

quote:

London skyscraper fog

af0h-1024x682.jpg

Your theory is a good one up until the part where building flies away ...

• Like 1

Your theory is a good one up until the part where building flies away ...

Well, if lighthouses can do it...

• Like 2

Well, if lighthouses can do it...

hehe nice :)

• Like 1

I'm not an engineering type person, but it doesn't look to me like it would even be able to fly at all. So on this one I have to say "hmmm!"

I'm not an engineering type person, but it doesn't look to me like it would even be able to fly at all. So on this one I have to say "hmmm!"

;)
  • Like 2

Quite the odd looking UFO. Seems to be a box of sorts. Could it be some sort of aerial research platform?

or a distant ship? In fog!

Top one is the OP 'ufo'

london-ufo.png

47_swvegqfam1.jpg

stock-photo-container-ship-in-fog-32477389.jpg

7643520386_5c4630d6b5_z.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

I can't get YouTube at work, but the picture looks like some type of oil rig to me or as mentioned a ship. Without a comparitive frame of reference, we're all guessing.

• Like 1

but the picture looks like some type of oil rig to me

Those damn Mexican fighter pilots are at it again.