Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A dream about lucid dreaming

CloudSix

Simply put, I was having a dream and In that dream I was lucid dreaming. I mean, I was aware that I'm dreaming but that was a dream. It's kinda hard to explain, and I just wanted to know, is that common?

I mean, I never heard of it. Thanks

Yeah, I've had those recently.. Usually in my case they've been followed by some very short bouts of real lucid dreaming, or false awakenings..

They're memorable, and tend to fade into a dream-state after a short while. I find the difference between dreaming about lucid dreaming and real lucid dreaming kind of like the difference between having a cold bucket of water thrown in your face or not.. In other words, one is dream-like, while the other is undoubtedly not..

Yeah, I've had those recently.. Usually in my case they've been followed by some very short bouts of real lucid dreaming, or false awakenings..

They're memorable, and tend to fade into a dream-state after a short while. I find the difference between dreaming about lucid dreaming and real lucid dreaming kind of like the difference between having a cold bucket of water thrown in your face or not.. In other words, one is dream-like, while the other is undoubtedly not..

Well, can't say that I know the difference since I never had a lucid dream, but I'll believe you heh. Thanks anyway

Well, can't say that I know the difference since I never had a lucid dream, but I'll believe you heh. Thanks anyway

I can't really say I know what I'm talking about either. My experience with Lucid dreaming so far has been very short lived.

Hard to say for sure. I think it's just you experiencing another "level" of lucidity. Having them can be confusing, and I've given up trying to label most of them.

I've had dreams where I *knew* I was dreaming or told someone else "Well such and such is happening because this is a dream". But other than that passing thought of "It's a dream" - nothing changed my perspective much at all. They still remained very dream like, but that passing thought was enough for me to remember, pay attention to the experience more (after waking from it) and maybe help me to differentiate between the levels a little.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

Hard to say for sure. I think it's just you experiencing another "level" of lucidity. Having them can be confusing, and I've given up trying to label most of them.

I've had dreams where I *knew* I was dreaming or told someone else "Well such and such is happening because this is a dream". But other than that passing thought of "It's a dream" - nothing changed my perspective much at all. They still remained very dream like, but that passing thought was enough for me to remember, pay attention to the experience more (after waking from it) and maybe help me to differentiate between the levels a little.

Interesting, i think I consider it another level of lucidity too. The main difference being that I couldn't control the dream per say, but for example, others in the dream were aware of me dreaming and they were asking me a bunch of questions like: "So can you fly out of here right now?" And i always kinda responded, "I could, but I won't" hah

I dont have experience yet, but maybe dreaming about lucid dreaming is like :

- Hi

- man you know its a dream and can jump 100m in the air?

- What?

and a lucid dream is more like :

- Hi

- You dont exist... (And there you can change stuff)

???

I dont have experience yet, but maybe dreaming about lucid dreaming is like :

- Hi

- man you know its a dream and can jump 100m in the air?

- What?

and a lucid dream is more like :

- Hi

- You dont exist... (And there you can change stuff)

???

Well yea, kinda

Lucid dreaming is one of those facinating things that needs to be pursued way more by academics.

As for your dream, I've had one similar that involved some lucidity. The first level of my dream was a strange apartment on a strange city block. The apartment was laid out with very bizarre geometry, such as a triangular room. I had a bed tucked away inside one of these weird corners and laid down to sleep. At this point I went lucid and pursued telepathy and other wild things. I would 'wake' and be back in the dream apartment, before heading back to my bed for more brief lucid dreams.

Eventually at some point I fully awoke from all three levels and was left completely disoriented. It felt as if I had been living in the dream apartment for several days, but I'd only been asleep for two or three hours. Crazy stuff.

• Like 1

Lucid dreaming is one of those facinating things that needs to be pursued way more by academics.

As for your dream, I've had one similar that involved some lucidity. The first level of my dream was a strange apartment on a strange city block. The apartment was laid out with very bizarre geometry, such as a triangular room. I had a bed tucked away inside one of these weird corners and laid down to sleep. At this point I went lucid and pursued telepathy and other wild things. I would 'wake' and be back in the dream apartment, before heading back to my bed for more brief lucid dreams.

Eventually at some point I fully awoke from all three levels and was left completely disoriented. It felt as if I had been living in the dream apartment for several days, but I'd only been asleep for two or three hours. Crazy stuff.

Wow, that's incredible. Dream within a dream within a dream, messed up :D. And I agree with you about the approach of academics to lucid dreaming. I mean, if it has been proven, why not pursue it further and explore that incredible realm of endless possibilities

Wow, that's incredible. Dream within a dream within a dream, messed up :D. And I agree with you about the approach of academics to lucid dreaming. I mean, if it has been proven, why not pursue it further and explore that incredible realm of endless possibilities

Dreams within dreams are like being in a room of mirrors, which prompts me to exit.

Academia would tend to most care about assessing the suggestibility of each individual,

"subject." The reason, I believe, is because lucid dreaming is so prone to suggestion.

Hence, prayerfulness is prerequisite to my meditating or dreaming with any particular intent.

0:-) MGby.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1

Dreams within dreams are like being in a room of mirrors, which prompts me to exit.

Academia would tend to most care about assessing the suggestibility of each individual,

"subject." The reason, I believe, is because lucid dreaming is so prone to suggestion.

Hence, prayerfulness is prerequisite to my meditating or dreaming with any particular intent.

Why would it prompt you to exit, i just find myself trying to stay asleep and forcing myself not to wake up.

Why would it prompt you to exit, [...]

Prone to parenthetical thinking once upon a time, I refrain from convolution to resist its entrapments.

i just find myself trying to stay asleep and forcing myself not to wake up.

Practice consciously directing your thoughts while awake, and you'll soon do so habitually, e.g.

Dreams, generally as fleeting as moods, are much like emotions. Emotions are neither good nor bad,

but dwelling upon the latter is self-destructive. To make a conscious choice to momently choose to

focus on what is most needful, constructive, kind, healthful, best...or just plain ol' good, natural fun, is

positively self-empowering to where one can similarly incline his subconscious leanings.

Hmm, instead of wishing people pleasant dreams, I'll start wishing them transcendental dreams--

Pardon the above response's having been clear as mud.

Why would it prompt you to exit[?]

Since, as I just remembered, my dreams were once frequented by an illusionist,

whom counted on my attention to detail as a source of distraction,

I learned to do a quick disappearing act upon encountering 'signature' settings.

Also, in likening emotions to dreams in terms of self-control, I meant:

Emotions are neither good nor bad [in and of themselves]

but dwelling upon [certain ones] is self-destructive.

The outcome of this discussion together with that elucidation

is my realization of just how directed I am while I sleep--

it's as though I'm subconsciously on a quest,

which is all the more reason I can't wait to get some shut eye.

Transcendental dreams.

I had this strong lucid dream once. Then I thought I had woke up and I was telling my Mom and a couple of other people

about the lucid dream. I thought I WAS awake at that point..but then I woke up properly and realised that I had

talked and remembered a dream within another dream... :blink:

so re. the OP..I have had that happen...dreaming about a lucid dream...

Edited by bee

I had this strong lucid dream once. Then I thought I had woke up and I was telling my Mom and a couple of other people

about the lucid dream. I thought I WAS awake at that point..but then I woke up properly and realised that I had

talked and remembered a dream within another dream... :blink:

That was better than thinking you had all ready told your mom something important--

Mirrors set?

Add smoke.

Roll 'em.'

Edited by aka CAT

This vid goes a long way towards explaining the levels of Lucid dreaming..

I found this very helpfull.

Edited to add: All of this is pointless if dream recall is an issue..

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Professor T

Youtube's been quirky tonight.

Thanks.

Mine was to illustrate a point made on the previous page herein.

Edited by aka CAT